Hacking Acekard2i Loading Issue

StevenBaumann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my Acekard2i today in the mail set up the sdcard poped it and... I got stuck at loading screen, waited 5 mins and nothing. Tryed another card same thing, tryed reformating both cards problem continued. At this point I thing that the card is defective, unless anyone else had any ideas?

Thanks for the Help in advance.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
make sure you are using fresh clean copies of the files, and not previously backed up copies.

when you say it gets stuck on the "loading" screen, you mean after you execute the launching of a ROM or Homebrew?

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if that is the case then your issue could be the all to common ak2i contact issue. for a ds phat you should have grabbed a 2.1. i've yet to have a single issue with any of my 2.1 cards, and i've abused them to hell and back.

do you have a second msd card to test with? - try it in the ak2i
do you have a second flash kit to test with? - try it in the dsphat with the first msd card

here is information on the contact issue: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Solving_Acekard_2i_Contact_Issues

-another world

StevenBaumann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already tryed a second MicroSd in the flash cart, and the same result and I dont have another flash cart this if the first one I ever got, other than my old supercard MiniSD.

I found that page on the contact issue already that seems to be more related to getting the card to be reconised by the DS itself, not the sdcard or am I wrong?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
a contact issue can present itself at that point but also when you try to boot something up, while a game is running, when i game wants to save, when the ds gets moved, etc.

anything that interrupts the contact with change the expected behavior.

try booting up your ds phat. when you see the acekard in the firmware menu, move the ds phat around. shake it a little. hold it upside down above your head. hold it flat on its back, etc. at any point does the ak2i lose contact?

-another world

StevenBaumann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didnt loas contact to my best guess, I took the game out manually just to see waht would happen if it list contact and it froze. It never did that while I was shaking it around.

StevenBaumann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Flashcard Fried one of my Micro sd's luckily I can send it back and get another, but this is giving me the impression that the card slot has some sorta short, or defect in it. I really don't want o plug any other cards in to it now.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i would agree. it seems your msd slot has issues. it does happen but is not very common. you could open the shell up and see if the msd cage is solder correctly, if the msd teeth make contact, etc, but doing this will probably void the warranty. all acekard products have a 1 yr warranty. you may just want to ask your reseller for a replacement.

-another world

StevenBaumann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sell responded back, but wasn't very helpful, tell me the reformat the card and reinstall the firmware, again.. I done that over 20 times at this point, and told them that I did so.
Will wait back on a reply

But if I wanted to contact that other company you mentioned would I email them of PM them here?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
PM them here.

You should write a detailed e-mail response to your reseller stating everything you tried. Then link them back to this discussion so that they can see you took the extra step to get help.

-Another World

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s