Hacking Acekard2i For DSi Released!

spiritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hehe, well, first of all congrats to Team AceKard for being the first RTM cart for the DSi out there, personally I am really content with my DSL.

Other than that it's so funny as this is what they have said a month ago:

"This is a lab work, it works ONLY in LAB. Even though we can go this far, it is almost impossible to make a commercial product. "

smile.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still wont buy a DSi, even though, for a couple of reasons, first being is that i don't need another DS with cameras in, and no slot-2 function ( which i happen to actually use ), i really don't see the point in the DSi, i think Nintendo should have made somat else instead of a new DS. Anyway Great work Acekard.

D

Deleted User

Nice work and really fast. I'm probably not getting a DSi until there are some really nice DSi-Ware (or whta it's called) titles, though.

science said:
Awesome work by an awesome team. You guys are proving yourself as the best flashcard team out there
Word.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's not go nuts. They've proven they're among the more _competent_. The RPG is the best piece of hardware on the market right now, and the AK2 is a great budget product to kill the R4 and like.

But in the software department they're still lacking. The first party loader is inferior to AIO, and they have yet to compete with the Cyclo in functionality. Cyclo users enjoy save states and slow motion, while I haven't even seen Acekard express an interest in matching that.

I think it's cool that they were the ones to crack DSi, and so much for the naysayers over the previous lab tests. But still, that's a fourth product from them when they're lagging on supporting the older models in many respects. Between the amount people paid for the RPG, and the sheer quantity of AK2 users, I'm perceiving this as one more thing dividing their attention.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Now the question is, how long it will take Nintendo to come up with a firmware update to block out the AceKard 2i. ;p From what I heard, they simply used a new booting method that currently works on the DSi. Though Nintendo still has time to come up with a way to prevent it and fix it before the Nintendo DSi gets released outside of Japan. Also they can force an update for the Japanaese DSi as well.

At any rate, I wish them the best of luck because the DSi looks very promising. The only way I would get one though is if a working flashcard came out for it and wasn't in trouble of being patched by Nintendo . Thats all I need, to get a DSi and a flashcard just to have it be made into a useless hunk of plastic by Nintendo xD

QUOTE(Banger @ Dec 2 2008, 11:12 AM) Can not force an update with no wifi. Just do not update and your flashcard continues to work.

Problem is, now that the AK2i team have released this information now, they still have a chance to fix this exploit before the USA and European DSi realeases are made. So by the time you get a DSi, it wouldn't matter if you update or not because it may be fixed by then. Also I believe WiFi updates will be mandatory to use DSi and DSiWare games and use the WiFi features of the DSi. Meaning if you don't update, your stuck with a normal DS with no GBA slot as the cooler DSi features will not be available to you until you update. You also need to connect to WiFi to download the Opera Browser and other DSi goodies since they don't come with the DSi by default and need an account at Nintendo and WiFi access to get.

Also another thing, DS games and homebrew will work on the flashcart, but what about encrypted DSiWare and DSi only games? Will they work?

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
What was one of the most boring days ever, has now given me the best piece of news all week.

I think my Christmas list is finally complete. xD

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Let's not go nuts. They've proven they're among the more _competent_. The RPG is the best piece of hardware on the market right now, and the AK2 is a great budget product to kill the R4 and like.

But in the software department they're still lacking. The first party loader is inferior to AIO, and they have yet to compete with the Cyclo in functionality. Cyclo users enjoy save states and slow motion, while I haven't even seen Acekard express an interest in matching that.

I think it's cool that they were the ones to crack DSi, and so much for the naysayers over the previous lab tests. But still, that's a fourth product from them when they're lagging on supporting the older models in many respects. Between the amount people paid for the RPG, and the sheer quantity of AK2 users, I'm perceiving this as one more thing dividing their attention.

For the record, AKAIO did have slow motion support at once point, well, in the development side but the AceKard team made an update which completely broke the slow motion code the AKAIO developers made so it was never added.
frown.gif

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well Nintendo has been unable to really stop the happenings on the Wii, so I doubt they will be able to do it with the DSi, also wouldnt a flashable hardware work a bit better because if Nintendo does release an update the firmware on the flashcart could also be changed to get around the new update.

But really only time will tell if Nintendo has the ability to actually stop pirates.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware of the record. But it's irrelevant when AIO != Acekard. I'm concerned that the RPG may be marginalized in favor of the AK2, and with a new product they both may see less support in the future.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh this will be fun when the AK2i is released. It will probably be expensive as hell even though its the SAME hardware as the AK2 but with an altered boot loader but since its the only DSi flashcart, they have a monopoly on it. Also from what I can see, it doesn't have a flashable bios/firmware meaning that when (Not IF) Nintendo makes a fix to block it, people will have an expensive piece of useless plastic on their hands.

So we can expect a lot of complaints soon here on GBAtemp x.x Especially if Nintendo patches this before it hits the US/EU crowd.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Wait!!! Now someone can dump the firmware!
People have already dumped the firmware. You can even download it from the Nintendo servers if you are technically inclined enough to do so. The problem is, its all futile. The firmware, the DSiWare files and just about everything else is encrypted and digitally signed. Meaning its impossible to edit the firmware or read it in anyway unless the encryption is broken which I don't see happening any time soon. Nintendo is using government grade encryption and signing similar to what sites use to manage secure connections.

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This looks very nice!
I will need a new Flashcard soon and i have some questions:

I heared the Firmware is open source. Is that true? So everyone can work on it?
Will be there soon some new features? I am missing RTS.

Thanks for your advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1