Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
We'll see how things flow
smile.gif

Look at the Wii, in the end the WiiWare stuff was also hacked, something ppl tought was impossible at start due to the encryption and console id bounded stuff.

On the other hand, like some ppl say, there's a high change DSi specific games will not work on it and it will only be for DS games cause we don't know how a DSi cartridge will work. (It will be hacked i have no doubt on that) Nintendo can with the DSi fix holes better then on the DS, this through Wi-Fi / DSiWare or DS/DSi games

Talking now on how flashcard makers should handle there stuff is pointless, as soon as Nintendo knows how the hole is made, the will fix the hole ASAP i bet
This will turn out the same way as Sony and the PSP, in the end the DSi will be like the PSP 3000, hard to hack and full of bugfixes hackers found.
We will see regular FW updates on the DSi, like we saw on the PSP, prolly we will see some internal hardware revisions to fix things.

PSP/PS3/Wii/Xbox360 and now DSi, all work with updatable FW and hardware revisions to prevent piracy. (and encrypted stuff)

This time 'N' made sure the could always be 1 step ahead instead of running after things the could not fix, ppl hackt he FW, 'N' brings out an update, hackers need to hack again to find a hole and N brings out another updated, etc... (ah well the usual stuff) In the past companies where running behind and hackers where always a step ahead, things have turned around (my opinion).

But like some say, what's made by men, can be destroyed by men / What's secured (protected) by men, can be hacked by men

Yukinooh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with Djoen
But with the Ps3 you still can go online without upgrading to the newest version.
With an easy hack you can do to stop by the system update check.
I hope hackers can make something like that.

* edit be quick they go fast 47 left
wink2.gif

Nayr Rosfar

White Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the DSi lacks slot 2 perhaps there may be a way to port .gba files to .nds files so you can play gba games in DS mode through the flashcart.

Hop2089 said:
Shoot they only accept Paypal I'll have to wait until another official dealer has them.

A paypal account isn't that hard to make, its as easy as registering on any site.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Prince of Codes said:
Since the DSi lacks slot 2 perhaps there may be a way to port .gba files to .nds files so you can play gba games in DS mode through the flashcart.
Certainly not. The DSi lacks the hardware needed to play GBA-roms.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for info Narin, but I kinda knew that DSiWare wont work. But I was just talking about getting DSiWare getting legally. So JAP for only JAP Consoles
frown.gif
Anyways I gues Wiiconnectivity wont work with Acekard2i?

Posts merged

Thanks for info Narin, but I kinda knew that DSiWare wont work. But I was just talking about getting DSiWare getting legally. So JAP for only JAP Consoles
frown.gif
Anyways I gues Wiiconnectivity wont work with Acekard2i?

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the AK firmware flashable? And I don't mean the "firmware" you put on the mSD, I mean the actual boot code for the chip, like you can the EZ-5 and the slot-2 Supercards. If not, I wouldn't buy this. Nobody, including the AK team knows what tricks Nintendo has up their sleeves and if they update correctly the cart won't boot and if they do that it wont matter what you put on your mSD.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perseid said:
Is the AK firmware flashable? And I don't mean the "firmware" you put on the mSD, I mean the actual boot code for the chip, like you can the EZ-5 and the slot-2 Supercards. If not, I wouldn't buy this. Nobody, including the AK team knows what tricks Nintendo has up their sleeves and if they update correctly the cart won't boot and if they do that it wont matter what you put on your mSD.

That's what I've been wondering. If nintendo somehow blocks the flash cart from loading it's MicroSD card then the flash cart is near useless.

Now if it has built in memory for the firmware to boot the cart like a actual DS cart then it could live long. But considering how the CycloDS won't work on the DSi, and if it were so easy to just update the firmware just like that, why hasn't the Cyclo team done that?

Be interesting if Nintendo did a combined hardware+software security for the DSi. I just hope this doesn't end up like the PSP's firmware wars...

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Perseid said:

Since the Acekard2i can only play DS games, I don't think Nintendo would do as much to keep the flashcarts from running however, if Acekard or any other flashcart manufacturer does crack the code on the DSiWare, then Nintendo most likely would implement firmware to make sure any flashcart will not work on the DSi. Even if Nintendo makes the move, the codes and protocols in the firmware will be broken by Acekard or any other flashcart team.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Acekard team was smart, they would have waited until the US/EU DSi units were being shipped before releasing this info. Now Nintendo is sure to get that loophole fixed by the time us westerners get ahold of the DSi.

Yukinooh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think Acekard isn't as stupid as we think they probably have something to keep it working but so we don't know what Acekard team did maybe they made a copy of the boot up code of an official gamecard and put that in the Acekard and then if N blocked it every OLD game would get blocked

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
m3rox said:
If the Acekard team was smart, they would have waited until the US/EU DSi units were being shipped before releasing this info. Now Nintendo is sure to get that loophole fixed by the time us westerners get ahold of the DSi.
If you were smart, you would have seen every temper yelling for it. Now the Acekart is sure to make some money.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:

I will like to say JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!! Can I at least read the pages before looking at my internet having a heart-attack?!
wacko.gif
*Ahem* Now to M3rox, yeah the Europe and USA DSi launch have been bump into the Fall of 2009 while it was suppose to be launch in the springtime of 2009 so this shows that Nintendo is watching. Also I believe this is a dumb move for AceKard to release this information too soon; Nintendo can always does the suing part or patch it with another fix. Either way its too soon, the USA and Europe version is going to have an even tighter encryption then the Japanese version of the DSi. I can say I'm proud for Acekard for discovering this but they release the information too soon.

Also a bit off-topic but can someone help me make a avatar so my user name will not look so empty?
tongue.gif

Arno

Trophies
Website
www.nerdtablecomics.com
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
The Prince of Codes said:
Certainly not. The DSi lacks the hardware needed to play GBA-roms.

You have to be joking. The DS needs the GBA hardware to run. Thus it is able to play GBA roms.

As for my opinion, I'm just wondering when they'll make an Acekard RPGi...

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
mgridgaway said:
So wait, I'm confused a bit. Is the DSi a brand new flash cart or is it just an update to 2.0/2.1/etc? I've seen people talk about it like it's both.

no, the DSi is a new version of the DS console

I think he meant acekard 2 and wont Nintendo be able to buy the ak2i see how it works and block it in the next firmware

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ichigosj said:
UltraMagnus said:
mgridgaway said:
So wait, I'm confused a bit. Is the DSi a brand new flash cart or is it just an update to 2.0/2.1/etc? I've seen people talk about it like it's both.

no, the DSi is a new version of the DS console

I think he meant acekard 2 and wont Nintendo be able to buy the ak2i see how it works and block it in the next firmware
same with every flash cart make
in a month or so every other company will release DSi based carts off the AK2i boot sequence
then nintendo will come in with a firmware update and kill all the carts from booting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls