Hacking Acekard2 Error 01010101 ? Anyone else have this?

pfriederichs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently purchased several Acekard2's and they have all worked great -- all of a sudden 1 of them will generate the error code 01010101 in the top screen when any file is launched. It boots into the Acekard OS fine and has worked fine up to this point.

I have isolated the problem to the card (I believe). I have swapped the Acekard into multiple NDS units -- same error and have also taken the SDCARD out of the problem Acekard and put it into a different Acekard and files launch fine off of it.

Anyone else see this error before or have any suggestions? I hope its somthing that can be fixed without sending it back (my 6 yr old son uses it).

Thanks for any help!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone else might have a suggestion, but it looks like you may have gotten one of the bad AK2's. If that's the case, the only solution I know of is to exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

iann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also had a FAT ERROR after 2 weeks.
My AK2 was replaced under warranty nearly 2 weeks ago, so will see how long this one lasts.

pfriederichs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try BLISSOS and see if it makes a difference however like I said this card worked absolutely fine up untill yesterday -- no problems with it what-so-ever .

Thanks again for the information.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's what lead me to think it's one of the faulty carts. They work fine for a week or two and then they won't load games (the symptom is usually freezing during game loading).

Most stores know of the problem and will exchange the Acekard 2 for a new one.

-Bri

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard blamed quality control issues at the factory thats building these for them but it's still unknown if all issues have been resolved. I received two from DX last week and both of them are working, however, my testers have only put 20 hours of game play on them. An interesting note, they both have an additional sticker on the blister package likely from DX(see Ultra Guide thread.) I'm wondering if the sticker is DXs way of marking them as a new batch to keep an eye on the returns.

schmoey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xjuniorx said:
I also got FAT ERROR when i just bought my ACEKARD 2 you need firmware for it after I got the firmware it worked I say you get BLISS OS!

Well, the FAT ERROR also appears when you don't have firmware for it to boot (e.g. if your microSD isn't in or if you haven't loaded the firmware onto your card). It's only temporary though. Your card wasn't faulty, you just didn't have the firmware on it.

speed2

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is there error i'm referring to
img0519mi7.jpg

speed2

Trophies
XP
Country
schmoey said:
Pretty sure there's no fix for it, just replace. Where'd you order from?

From DX.com

I started the process of getting a replacement today, but if they do agree to give a replacement I'll probably have to pay postage so I dont know if it'll be worth it.

Might just get a CyclosDS from them instead
tongue.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really cant work out why the Arcekard 2 failure rate is so high, considering that it uses off the shelf Actel and SST chips which are very common and should be 100% reliable.

dhackd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue with my AceKard2, its strange because homebrews work fine... But nothing else does..

dhackd

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dhackd said:
I have the same issue with my AceKard2, its strange because homebrews work fine... But nothing else does..

dhackd
If homebrew works fine maybe it's not a fatal error? I heard if it was unfixable it would freeze when loading all files. Since you can load homebrew IDK then.

Chri5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i swear my card loaded up the acekard rpg firmware instead of acekard 2 once
it said NAND and memery card and slot 2 and the screen were all screwy, i just turned it off

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1