Hacking Acekard vs CycloDS

Legerdemain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of getting a flashkart for my DS Lite, but I don't know which one is better.

Based on my readings here, it seems like R4 is out of the question (Look at the 32894739 fixes required!).

I'm currently debating between Acekard and CycloDS.
What are the pros and cons of each?
Which one do you recommend?

And for the Acekard, is there any difference at all between 2.1 and 2i in terms of the DS Lite?

Feel free to recommend some other card too.

Thanks in advance.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you should do your own research. gbatemp has reviews, you can also find info using google.com. the search form is much nicer than the search button.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&act=Se...ode=adv&f=0

the acekard is cheap in price and well supported. the akaio firmware devs have been first for updates and fixes on a handful of recent games. personally i think the akaio firmware is better for many reasons. you can check out the akaio wiki (linked in my sig) for more information. cyclo has a very expensive price but with that comes features you may want. these features include homebrew softreset, real time saves, wii compatibility, etc.

bottom line, if you don't want to spend alot and you want 99%+ rom compatibility and 100% homebrew compatiblity get an acekard.
if you want to spend more and the gimmick features are important to you, get a cyclo.

any other reasons should come from your own research.

-another world

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w8 is CycloDS the only cart that could Soft Reset with Homebrews? I know my Acekard can't and my R4 can't. That sucks I wish in AKAIO 1.5 they will add that.

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go with the CycloDS. Trust me I have both and would definitely go with the Cyclo because of its ease of use and powerful features. Well that and sometimes the AceKard can get a little complicated

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
It's not, I believe the new iPlayer does it, so does Supercard DS ONE, and I can't seem to remember any off the top of my head, I could have sworn AceKard was one of em XD

Nope Acekard does not I tried with a lot of homebrews such as WeelDS, SnemulDS, Beup, CRILC, and more. Well maybe it does work with the official as I am not sure but it does not work with Akaio.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work with the official or with AKAIO. I believe that Normmatt was working on a soft reset for homebrew at one time, but I don't know how far he got on it and I don't know if it will be included in the next release or not.

Personally, I don't see the point of soft reset. It takes longer to press 4 to 6 buttons at once than to slide a single on/off switch.

-Bri

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well back to topic. If you want you flashcart with good Rom compatibility get the Acekard 2i. If you want good compatibility not as good as Acekard 2i but good, and one that has good features like RTS,and RTG get the CycloDS.

CycloDS:
Pros: Has the best features like Real Time Saving and RTG. Also a good team. Nice GUI.
Bad: COST TO MUCH.

Acekard 2i:
Pros: AKAIO, Very good AKAIO team, Best Compatibility. CHEAP. Nice GUI
Bad: Not a lot of features.

I got my Acekard 2i and really I got bored of it in 2 days. I had the R4 before it and I see no difference between both I am talking about features there aren't a lot. R4 has most of Acekard 2i features. It just doesn't have good Compatibility and doesn't have good GUI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool