Linksilver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Helllo
I've got an Acekard RPG and a Nintendo DSi EU with the 1.3e Firmware.
My acekard RPG is recognize by my NDSi but it won't boot.
I searched about the same problem on the web but i didn't find anything.
I recorded what happend on my nintendo.
Acekard RPG on DSi

excuse me for my bad english but i'm french.

Linksilver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah i know but i can be possible if we change the firmware or anything which is in the internal nand because i think the most difficult it's to recognize the linker in the dsi menu.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Linksilver said:
Yeah i know but i can be possible if we change the firmware or anything which is in the internal nand because i think the most difficult it's to recognize the linker in the dsi menu.
YOU CAN'T! And even if you could the acekard team WOULDN'T make it work on the dsi, because then they would earn less money because people would hold on to they're old cards.
Besides the acekard rpg is discontinued.

Linksilver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes maybe you're right but the CycloDS team is developing a new firmware for the CycloDS Evolution not ? why not team acekard we, do not know ...

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Linksilver said:
yes maybe you're right but the CycloDS team is developing a new firmware for the CycloDS Evolution not ? why not team acekard we, do not know ...
Even Cyclo Team will not launch an updater to make the original CycloDS Evolution run on DSi. Firstly, the problem of loading old DS flashcards on DSi isn't the kernel that has the flashcard menu and DS ROM loader, it's the bootstrap, a piece of software that ask the console to run the cartridge. And if you reread the statements from Cyclo Team when they were researching how to boot flashcards on DSi, you are going to see that they were trying to develop a new device to do this, not update methods to existing ones.

Maybe with DSi launched in every big market the CycloTeam will sell CycloDSintrospective or something like that because AceKard 2i, EzFlashVi and DSTTi haven't got blocked as far I know. Let's think, if an updater was doable and if CycloTeam would attempt to lose sells of new solution to make the older works, why they didn't make and release the updater before?

My suggestion, if you didn't sell your DS Lite/Phat, keep it so you can continue to use AK RPG and GBA games, and buy a new flashcard for your DSi.

Linksilver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do not worry about me I have almost all linkers Slot1 who came out on ds. I already have a AK2i but it seemed strange that the DSi recognize the AKRPG.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Linksilver said:
Do not worry about me I have almost all linkers Slot1 who came out on ds. I already have a AK2i but it seemed strange that the DSi recognize the AKRPG.
Recognize the title and icon doesn't means that the cart will boot by itself. Maybe the DS's (not only DSi) reads and show ROM header information before checking for the sanity/security of ROM contained in the cart, maybe this check is done in the try of launching the software.

Linksilver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes you are right but it must necessarily be a solution because Yasu (the first to have done one on helloWorld dsi) to have succeeded in launching a homebrew only a few days after leaving the dsi. the problem is that he said clearly that will not reveal how he did and if he arrives to launch homebrew, other hackers can launch homebrew too , the problem is that nobody has yet arrived.

(excuse me for my very bad english level)

OMFG said:
Most of the carts that you have to choose in the original ds menu (cyclo ds acekard2 ez-flash etc) do show up on the dsi menu
i've got an cyclods and it's not show up

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
My slot 2 devices work on my DSi after i drilled into the base. turns out the connector is still in there; nintendo just covered it up.

That doesn't even begin to make sense. You know some poor fool is going to cut open their DSi if you spread that around. Stop it.

Edit:

This shows the internal motherboard of a DSi, which clearly has no connector for a slot-2 device.

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
EZFlash V
Introduction
???????(4MB)
4MB????DSTTi?ROM?????????????DSi?????????? ????EZ5i?ROM????????????????

For EZ5
4MB????DSTTi?ROM?????????????DSi??????????
4MB of ROM DSTTi so in writing by a modified DSi will be confirmed.

source yasu

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Linksilver said:
yes you are right but it must necessarily be a solution because Yasu (the first to have done one on helloWorld dsi) to have succeeded in launching a homebrew only a few days after leaving the dsi. the problem is that he said clearly that will not reveal how he did and if he arrives to launch homebrew, other hackers can launch homebrew too , the problem is that nobody has yet arrived.

OMFG said:
Most of the carts that you have to choose in the original ds menu (cyclo ds acekard2 ez-flash etc) do show up on the dsi menu
Most is not equal all.

Linksilver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
niu said:
EZFlash V
Introduction
???????(4MB)
4MB????DSTTi?ROM?????????????DSi?????????? ????EZ5i?ROM????????????????

For EZ5
4MB????DSTTi?ROM?????????????DSi??????????
4MB of ROM DSTTi so in writing by a modified DSi will be confirmed.

source yasu

What does it mean i dont understand ?
(because i'm french =()

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah my regular AceKard 2.1 was recognized on my DSi as well, with no boot, as others have said, devs are just going to release a DSi-compatible cart.

Hardkaare

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Linksilver said:

OMFG said:

oh well i was using it as an example

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
Yeah my regular AceKard 2.1 was recognized on my DSi as well, with no boot, as others have said, devs are just going to release a DSi-compatible cart.

I am thinking about purchasing the Nintendo DSi..and I have the AceKard 2.1 on my Nintendo DS Lite, is it possible for the card to ever work on the new DSi..since I am contemplating purchasing it or do I have to buy the AceKard 2i and just put the MicroSD card that I have in my AceKard 2.1 now and put it in the new card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1