OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. This happened to me all the time. Everytime I upgrade the menu os of my Acekard RPG my save file won't work anymore. When I start the game, it will create a new save file. Is this normal? What is the proper way to do the upgrade so that I don't lose my save files?

Thanks!

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you just replacing the akmenu and the __rpg folder? That's how I think it should be. Strange, mine should arrive in the mail shortly and I hope not to encounter this problem.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
you need to keep the "savelistex.bin" in the "__rpg" folder for upgrades.
that file stores savetype information, and if it is deleted, then the acekard will write over the existing save next time (Unless u manually select the savetype)

rickshaw888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ah. Okay. Next time, I'll keep in mind to save that file and restore it back (+ my save files). Right now, I tried one thing. After the game created the save file, I then override that file with my saved save file. It works. But alas for me, it was too late, I have to start all of my games again, from the beginning.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah. Okay. Next time, I'll keep in mind to save that file and restore it back (+ my save files). Right now, I tried one thing. After the game created the save file, I then override that file with my saved save file. It works. But alas for me, it was too late, I have to start all of my games again, from the beginning.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

ah yes, you can do that if you've backed up your saved games, but copying the savelistex.bin is best.

and to you too.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can you just back up yor savelistex.bin or do you also have to backup your saves as well?
Why backup the saves? you are not going to overwrite it. Sure it is a good idea but I think the savelist.bin is the only thing that needs to be saved.

Just one question though, does the savelist.bin change every time you save a game or just when a new game is being added to the savelist.bin? As in, do I have to back it up every time I save in a game or every time I get a new game has a save file written?

Kijof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
can you just back up yor savelistex.bin or do you also have to backup your saves as well?

Why backup the saves? you are not going to overwrite it. Sure it is a good idea but I think the savelist.bin is the only thing that needs to be saved.

Just one question though, does the savelist.bin change every time you save a game or just when a new game is being added to the savelist.bin? As in, do I have to back it up every time I save in a game or every time I get a new game has a save file written?

You just need make the backup when upgrading the kernel for save reasons, maybe you saves too.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1