Acekard R.P.G. in-house at GBAtemp

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a new R4 coming out also in case anyone is wondering.

Any website confirming what you're saying ?
The R4 team announced a new plastic casing to be produced with the next batch of R4's (announced yesterday) but that's about it...
blink.gif

http://www.r4ds.com/news1-en.htmhttp://www.r4ds.com/news1-en.htmhttp://www.r4ds.com/news1-en.htm

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys please try and remember this was a very brief and rushed "FIRST IMPRESSIONS". Of course not everything is going to be answered in a few short paragraphs. Please bear with me as I put this card through its paces and wait for the full review which I'm sure will answer all your questions and more..

Of course I will still try and answer the odd intelligent question here.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey, lets all pass judgment on a pre-release loader! lololol

Though I do hope that they release a bit of an update (In-game screen plzzzz) by the time I get mine or it will take a bit for me to switch from my Cyclo
wink.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
So... Does the internal flash pass the C:PoR test?

I'd like to know this too. As the game is so picky about what media it's being run on I think it's 100% THE ROM of choice for testing new hardware.
The intro movie (also the DoS one) is another good test for read speed, see if its in sync, or any stutters etc.
Like shaun said, this is merely a preview so lets not get all pissy until the final build is in our hands.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would like to say that the loader speed and Download Play will be fixed on the next loader release. Furthermore Action Replay will be released soon.

- I was told this by the AceKard team

They've had tons of time to do that already, why didn't they make that stuff earlier if it's all that easy to make?

It is also has a crap GUI, I want something simple and functional, not too much to ask. This is anything but simple. Hope a dev changes it cause if it doesn't get fixed, my money's staying with me.
Dude, there are enough flashcarts with simplistic GUI's already, can't blame them for making something nice looking now instead.
If you want a simplistic GUI, take the old AceKard. It has a really simplistic GUI and not much seems to have improved since it anyway. (Still 100% ROM compatibility, but nothing more)

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is one thing we wanna clarify that the menu for AK RPG is still debugging for enhancement requestment change and it seems we send a wrong version of menu to gbatemp. But the base function of the menu has passed load test.
We'll send a stable version again.
Thank you.
Good to hear that things may be fixed before the actual release.

I can't really tell from the video and since I never had an auto booting card, does the card auto boot straight to its menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hey thats my line +1