Hacking AceKard Help-How do you start the whole thing up?

Squeebeenie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uggh. I'm not very good with this kind of thing, so I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I just got my AceKard 2.1 today, and I put the MicroSD card in it's little slot, then I went to turn on the game and all that was showing was "LOADING" on the touch screen on the bottom...for thirty minutes.

I have the following files on the SD card; Games (Which has the NDS games on it), and something called Moonshell. That's it. I'm not to good with these things, so what am I doing wrong?

If there's a manual or something on the internet that'll explain, could someone give me the link? Thank you!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Squeebeenie said:
Uggh. I'm not very good with this kind of thing, so I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I just got my AceKard 2.1 today, and I put the MicroSD card in it's little slot, then I went to turn on the game and all that was showing was "LOADING" on the touch screen on the bottom...for thirty minutes.

I have the following files on the SD card; Games (Which has the NDS games on it), and something called Moonshell. That's it. I'm not to good with these things, so what am I doing wrong?

If there's a manual or something on the internet that'll explain, could someone give me the link? Thank you!

try the AceKard ALL IN ONE get it here with instructions what to do
smile.gif

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Download the AKAIO as listed above, extract, then copy the files into the root of your Micro SD card and you'll be done!

luan87us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you didn't copy everything in right place (most possibly the loader file). Read the instruction carefully and copy everything to the right place. If you still can't get your AK to work let me know i'll send you my folders that you only need to copy and paste over your microsd card.

kenman1

Trophies
Website
www.focalprice.com
XP
Country
United States
luan87us said:
you didn't copy everything in right place (most possibly the loader file). Read the instruction carefully and copy everything to the right place. If you still can't get your AK to work let me know i'll send you my folders that you only need to copy and paste over your microsd card.

Can you give me the files i have no clues
wacko.gif
. never mind i gor it working thanks
tongue.gif

zipster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(luan87us @ Jan 25 2009, 09:17 PM)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi .. can someone help a newbie!!!
I'd appreciate if someone can send me their folders to Copy and paste as I'm lost. I need to start from scratch with my AK

thx

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
zipster said:
QUOTE(luan87us @ Jan 25 2009, 09:17 PM)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi .. can someone help a newbie!!!
I'd appreciate if someone can send me their folders to Copy and paste as I'm lost. I need to start from scratch with my AK

thx

use the panasonic formatter on your msd. then download and extract the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds file to the root of you msd card.

-another world

zipster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate2.gif

Thanks ... almost there I think.
After I hit 'select' (or 'start') on the option on the DS the whole thing just hangs ....

Surexius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just did this yesterday for the first time.

You should have the following files on your SD card:

A folder - '_aio'
A file - 'akmenu4.nds'

Make sure you haven't messed around with anything in the '_aio' folder I was messing around with skins and deleted the defult skin that it uses when it first loads by mistake and had to lift it of one of my other Acekards.

Also if you have lost your save games like I thought I had press start and then y (I think it is) to bring up the menu and you shoudl be able to set it so that you can find your save games assuming your an R4 previous user anyway!

zipster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx all.

I have the file

A file - 'akmenu4.nds'

Where do I get/download the folder

A folder - '_aio' ???? can't see this anywhere in any of the downloads

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
check the akaio 1.3 final stickied topic in the acekard sub forum of gbatemp or goto the downloads section. inside the compressed archive is the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds. both go in the root of your msd card. if you have the official firmware on there, delete it first.

-another world

Fat_Matt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the difference between the offical firmware and the akaio one?? I'm new to Acekard soI'm just finding out about these things; I've got the folder '_ak2' on mine so is that the offical one??

zipster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Still can't find the _AIO folder.
I have downloaded the "[4593]AKAIO.1.3 and unzipped it all OK. Lot's of files but where is (what's in) the folder

and thanks for your patience with a newbie ..

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
when you unzip the archive it contains three items.

_aio folder
akmenu4.nds
readme.txt

you place the entire _aio folder and all of its contents into the root of your msd. you then place the akmenu4.nds into the root of your msd. both are required to be there for the firmware to boot. the _aio folder contains all of the extra stuff for the firmware. with akaio this includes the loaders, skins, languages, cheats, and many other important files. if 1 file is missing it may not load at all.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Fat_Matt said:
What's the difference between the offical firmware and the akaio one?? I'm new to Acekard soI'm just finding out about these things; I've got the folder '_ak2' on mine so is that the offical one??

you should read the akaio wiki (check my sig). akaio features many improvements and enhancements over the official. the loaders have been optimized for much better performance and compatibility than the official loaders. the cheat engine is updated and fixed to do many things the official can't. the scrolling speed is faster, directory loading is faster, 3-in-1 support is better, dma patching is improved, etc. there are so many differences that aren't really noticed unless you spend time in the irc chan talking with norm and smiths. bottom line (and i don't care how much a fan boy someone is) akaio is better. i've been using it since 1.2 and have watched norm and smiths work on it, ask the public for suggestions, fix problems and other issues in some cases within hours of the bug reports.

feel free to read the wiki, page through this sub forum and join the irc chan for further discussion.

-another world

agony

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi I placed the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds on my card. But nothing happens when i switch on my ds. The DS does not detects anything. what is wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1