AceKard Help-How do you start the whole thing up?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Squeebeenie, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Squeebeenie
    OP

Newcomer Squeebeenie Newbie

United States
    Uggh. I'm not very good with this kind of thing, so I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I just got my AceKard 2.1 today, and I put the MicroSD card in it's little slot, then I went to turn on the game and all that was showing was "LOADING" on the touch screen on the bottom...for thirty minutes.

I have the following files on the SD card; Games (Which has the NDS games on it), and something called Moonshell. That's it. I'm not to good with these things, so what am I doing wrong?

If there's a manual or something on the internet that'll explain, could someone give me the link? Thank you!

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

try the AceKard ALL IN ONE get it here with instructions what to do [​IMG]

3. ShAdOwFuRi

Member ShAdOwFuRi GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Download the AKAIO as listed above, extract, then copy the files into the root of your Micro SD card and you'll be done!

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    well except for the huge hug you should give yourself for choosing AKAIO =).

-another world

5. luan87us

Newcomer luan87us Member

United States
    you didn't copy everything in right place (most possibly the loader file). Read the instruction carefully and copy everything to the right place. If you still can't get your AK to work let me know i'll send you my folders that you only need to copy and paste over your microsd card.

6. Squeebeenie
    OP

Newcomer Squeebeenie Newbie

United States
    Thank you all so much! It works now! [​IMG] I couldn't have done it without you!

7. kenman1

Member kenman1 GBAtemp Regular

United States

Can you give me the files i have no clues [​IMG] . never mind i gor it working thanks [​IMG]

8. zipster

Newcomer zipster Newbie

United States
    QUOTE(luan87us @ Jan 25 2009, 09:17 PM)
    you didn't copy everything in right place (most possibly the loader file). Read the instruction carefully and copy everything to the right place. If you still can't get your AK to work let me know i'll send you my folders that you only need to copy and paste over your microsd card.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi .. can someone help a newbie!!!
    I'd appreciate if someone can send me their folders to Copy and paste as I'm lost. I need to start from scratch with my AK

thx

9. Another World

Colombia
    use the panasonic formatter on your msd. then download and extract the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds file to the root of you msd card.

-another world

10. zipster

Newcomer zipster Newbie

United States
    [​IMG]
    Thanks ... almost there I think.
    After I hit 'select' (or 'start') on the option on the DS the whole thing just hangs ....

11. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Press the "A" button on the "microSD card" option (unless I misunderstand what you mean).

-Bri

12. Surexius

Newcomer Surexius Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I just did this yesterday for the first time.

You should have the following files on your SD card:

A folder - '_aio'
    A file - 'akmenu4.nds'

Make sure you haven't messed around with anything in the '_aio' folder I was messing around with skins and deleted the defult skin that it uses when it first loads by mistake and had to lift it of one of my other Acekards.

Also if you have lost your save games like I thought I had press start and then y (I think it is) to bring up the menu and you shoudl be able to set it so that you can find your save games assuming your an R4 previous user anyway!

13. zipster

Newcomer zipster Newbie

United States
    Thx all.

I have the file

A file - 'akmenu4.nds'

Where do I get/download the folder

A folder - '_aio' ???? can't see this anywhere in any of the downloads

14. Another World

Colombia
    check the akaio 1.3 final stickied topic in the acekard sub forum of gbatemp or goto the downloads section. inside the compressed archive is the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds. both go in the root of your msd card. if you have the official firmware on there, delete it first.

-another world

15. Fat_Matt

Newcomer Fat_Matt Newbie

United Kingdom
    What's the difference between the offical firmware and the akaio one?? I'm new to Acekard soI'm just finding out about these things; I've got the folder '_ak2' on mine so is that the offical one??

16. zipster

Newcomer zipster Newbie

United States
    I Still can't find the _AIO folder.
    I have downloaded the "[4593]AKAIO.1.3 and unzipped it all OK. Lot's of files but where is (what's in) the folder

and thanks for your patience with a newbie ..

17. Another World

Colombia
    when you unzip the archive it contains three items.

_aio folder
    akmenu4.nds
    readme.txt

you place the entire _aio folder and all of its contents into the root of your msd. you then place the akmenu4.nds into the root of your msd. both are required to be there for the firmware to boot. the _aio folder contains all of the extra stuff for the firmware. with akaio this includes the loaders, skins, languages, cheats, and many other important files. if 1 file is missing it may not load at all.

-another world

18. Another World

Colombia
    you should read the akaio wiki (check my sig). akaio features many improvements and enhancements over the official. the loaders have been optimized for much better performance and compatibility than the official loaders. the cheat engine is updated and fixed to do many things the official can't. the scrolling speed is faster, directory loading is faster, 3-in-1 support is better, dma patching is improved, etc. there are so many differences that aren't really noticed unless you spend time in the irc chan talking with norm and smiths. bottom line (and i don't care how much a fan boy someone is) akaio is better. i've been using it since 1.2 and have watched norm and smiths work on it, ask the public for suggestions, fix problems and other issues in some cases within hours of the bug reports.

feel free to read the wiki, page through this sub forum and join the irc chan for further discussion.

-another world

19. Fat_Matt

Newcomer Fat_Matt Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok thanks for the info; I'll download the Akaio Firmware as it sounds a lot better to the official firmware.

20. agony

Member agony GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    hi I placed the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds on my card. But nothing happens when i switch on my ds. The DS does not detects anything. what is wrong?