Acekard and 4GB SDHC cards

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by daishadar, Jan 24, 2008.

Jan 24, 2008

Acekard and 4GB SDHC cards by daishadar at 5:25 PM (4,504 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. daishadar
    OP

Newcomer daishadar Newbie

United States
    Does anyone know what's the best 4GB SDHC card to use with the Acekard? From reviews I've seen that some SD cards (typically not made in Japan?) experience slowdown with the Acekard. However, I've yet to see a 4GB SDHC recommended for full speed on all games (Castlevania POR for example). Can anyone report back on what the best card is?

Thanks.

2. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    you can buy any cheap card. there is no noticeable slowdown in 99% of the games but castlevania, which you can copy to the nand ram of the acekard.

3. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    theres about 10% of games that run slow on my 4gb adata 6speed sdhc card, but those can easily transfer to nand and problem solved

4. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Ya, use NAND memory for any problematic games. Then, any SD card will work. [​IMG]

5. Electric_Wizard

Member Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    My 8Gb Kingston refused to boot any commercial roms to start with. A helpful tip from a fellow temper got them to load and most work fine now. Only one I've had trouble with so far is Geometry Wars which gets real slow. I'm just assuming that castlevania won't work on it.

The beauty of the AceKard is that it doesn't matter how crappy your SD card is, if a game doesn't work smooth just move it over to the NAND.

6. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    I've had no problems with my A-data 4GB.

7. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States

what are these games?

loadings times should not be during gameplay, so maybe menus etc are a bit slower. noticeable on a few games.
    (im talking generally, my acekard didnt arrive yet)

the only thing i ever noticed lagging is the castlevania intro (really slow on my vanillia sandisk 4gb), even other videos in other games dont suffer from this problem.

8. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Try turning off the DL play feature in the special menu. Should help with the slowdowns.

9. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ive had a couple games on my sdata 4gb sdhc run slow like...i dont even know which ones, seems like some of the ones i remember beign slow workin fine now due to whatever reason...