Hacking Acekard and 4GB SDHC cards

daishadar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what's the best 4GB SDHC card to use with the Acekard? From reviews I've seen that some SD cards (typically not made in Japan?) experience slowdown with the Acekard. However, I've yet to see a 4GB SDHC recommended for full speed on all games (Castlevania POR for example). Can anyone report back on what the best card is?

Thanks.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can buy any cheap card. there is no noticeable slowdown in 99% of the games but castlevania, which you can copy to the nand ram of the acekard.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya, use NAND memory for any problematic games. Then, any SD card will work.
biggrin.gif

Electric_Wizard

Trophies
Website
www.obscenelygreen.net
XP
Country
My 8Gb Kingston refused to boot any commercial roms to start with. A helpful tip from a fellow temper got them to load and most work fine now. Only one I've had trouble with so far is Geometry Wars which gets real slow. I'm just assuming that castlevania won't work on it.

The beauty of the AceKard is that it doesn't matter how crappy your SD card is, if a game doesn't work smooth just move it over to the NAND.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theres about 10% of games that run slow on my 4gb adata 6speed sdhc card, but those can easily transfer to nand and problem solved

what are these games?

loadings times should not be during gameplay, so maybe menus etc are a bit slower. noticeable on a few games.
(im talking generally, my acekard didnt arrive yet)

the only thing i ever noticed lagging is the castlevania intro (really slow on my vanillia sandisk 4gb), even other videos in other games dont suffer from this problem.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My 8Gb Kingston refused to boot any commercial roms to start with. A helpful tip from a fellow temper got them to load and most work fine now. Only one I've had trouble with so far is Geometry Wars which gets real slow. I'm just assuming that castlevania won't work on it.

The beauty of the AceKard is that it doesn't matter how crappy your SD card is, if a game doesn't work smooth just move it over to the NAND.
Try turning off the DL play feature in the special menu. Should help with the slowdowns.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive had a couple games on my sdata 4gb sdhc run slow like...i dont even know which ones, seems like some of the ones i remember beign slow workin fine now due to whatever reason...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs