Hacking Acekard 2i - White Screens on one and not the other..

Buzzster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Folks,

First time poster here and I really appreciate all the info on this site. I have read the noob guide and searched for other answers, but can't explain my problem (I think I have a bad AceKard 2i).

Here is the Story:
  • Purchased 2 DSi's for Christmas (Pink and Blue)...both had 1.4.1u
  • Ordered 2 AceKard 2i's from Lightake.com
  • Received AceKard 2i's last week (took a little over a month).
  • Have 2 different MicroSD cards (Transcend and Sandisk - both Class 6).
  • Formatted with the Panasonic/Official SD Card formatter specified in the NOOB guide.
  • Borrowed a DSLite to run the firmware updates on both Karts (worked great).
  • Loaded both up both MicroSD's with 1.8.5a and a few games.
  • Put both Karts in the Pink and Blue DSi's and BOTH DSI's show the Stormrider Icon and load up the menus so I can see the games
Here comes the problem:
1 of the DSI's worked great with the games, the other goes to a white screen everytime when trying to load a game....

Troubleshooting:
I switched Karts between DSi's and the problem stayed with the Kart (It's not the DSi)
I switched microSD's and both microSD's work fine in the good Kart - NEITHER will load a retail game in the bad KART (It's not the microSD cards).
Tried different loaders (even back to the official 4.2.3) and had the same results.

A couple other notes:
The "bad" Kart does load the O/S fine and I can access all the settings
The "bad" Kart did play/start the Pacman 1.3 Homebrew (The word "loading" is in blue")
When I try to run any retail ROM on the bad Kart, it say "loading" for a split second in blue, changes to yellow for a few seconds and then goes to the locked white screen.

The one thing that I am not able to do is change how the DMA works.... Is this still working in 1.8.5? I try holding the "X" or "A" button immediately after pressing "A" to start the game and it has no effect.

Can an AceKard 2i be bad and still load the O/S menu system? I am at a loss here and have tried all that I can find to do....

Thanks for any help you can offer, I am beyond frustrated here and may not be thinking straight anymore!

claudiovc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now that's how you ask for help, showing all the facts and whats has been done before shouting at everybody. Sorry that I can't help, just wanted to say that =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo