Acekard 2i - White Screens on one and not the other..

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Buzzster, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Buzzster
    OP

Newcomer Buzzster Newbie

United States
    Folks,

First time poster here and I really appreciate all the info on this site. I have read the noob guide and searched for other answers, but can't explain my problem (I think I have a bad AceKard 2i).

Here is the Story:
    • Purchased 2 DSi's for Christmas (Pink and Blue)...both had 1.4.1u
    • Ordered 2 AceKard 2i's from Lightake.com
    • Received AceKard 2i's last week (took a little over a month).
    • Have 2 different MicroSD cards (Transcend and Sandisk - both Class 6).
    • Formatted with the Panasonic/Official SD Card formatter specified in the NOOB guide.
    • Borrowed a DSLite to run the firmware updates on both Karts (worked great).
    • Loaded both up both MicroSD's with 1.8.5a and a few games.
    • Put both Karts in the Pink and Blue DSi's and BOTH DSI's show the Stormrider Icon and load up the menus so I can see the games
    Here comes the problem:
    1 of the DSI's worked great with the games, the other goes to a white screen everytime when trying to load a game....

Troubleshooting:
    I switched Karts between DSi's and the problem stayed with the Kart (It's not the DSi)
    I switched microSD's and both microSD's work fine in the good Kart - NEITHER will load a retail game in the bad KART (It's not the microSD cards).
    Tried different loaders (even back to the official 4.2.3) and had the same results.

A couple other notes:
    The "bad" Kart does load the O/S fine and I can access all the settings
    The "bad" Kart did play/start the Pacman 1.3 Homebrew (The word "loading" is in blue")
    When I try to run any retail ROM on the bad Kart, it say "loading" for a split second in blue, changes to yellow for a few seconds and then goes to the locked white screen.

The one thing that I am not able to do is change how the DMA works.... Is this still working in 1.8.5? I try holding the "X" or "A" button immediately after pressing "A" to start the game and it has no effect.

Can an AceKard 2i be bad and still load the O/S menu system? I am at a loss here and have tried all that I can find to do....

Thanks for any help you can offer, I am beyond frustrated here and may not be thinking straight anymore!

2. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    You may just have some really weird coincidental contact issues.

Try the paper trick.

3. Lightake

Member Lightake GBAtemp Regular

China
    Please contact our custom service for a replacement if it is a faulty cart.

4. claudiovc

Newcomer claudiovc Member

Brazil
    Now that's how you ask for help, showing all the facts and whats has been done before shouting at everybody. Sorry that I can't help, just wanted to say that =D

5. harryjon35

Member harryjon35 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Same problem here. Any help?

6. whitey012001

Newcomer whitey012001 Member

United Kingdom
    I have same issue, received 2i card today, would be interested to know if anyone has resolved the problem.