Hacking Acekard 2i update with DS Phat/Original help?

Obliviousfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is that I got a DSi and of course it came with 1.4u on it, I figured I would just update the AK2i and be done with it
Since my DSi can't even SEE the card (I've seen other people say that they see the card it just has an error when booting)

so I was going to use my old ds phat/original to update it it works fine in those sees it/boots and works fine..I update it (with "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds") everything goes well, I shut off the DS phat/original
put it in my DSi and nothing is shown in the game slot..I know I have a AK2i and not a AK2 it shows that on the front and I do have another flashcart (very crappy one) that I tried also using to update my AK2i
With no luck of course (pics sorry for crappy quality but you can see that it is an AK2i)

file0003y.jpg
file0004j.jpg

file0001jv.jpg

I've read on a few tuts you CAN update with a ds phat, but I'm starting to wonder do I need a DSL to update? because for everyone that uses a DSL it seems to work
that's my question and if any of you guys have any ideas for me to try I would greatly appreciate it
Thanks

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Update it on DSL if you can - and report if this will work or not. When you did that update for first time it should work, but... I have never tested that on PHAT ds, so cant confirm it...

Obliviousfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have a DSL, I did it on a friends DSL yesterday but I was in a rush and I did it using the DSi update file (not DSL) which I think may of been why it didn't work, I can try it again using the DSL file but I won't be seeing him for a few days so I was just trying to get it to work with the Phat DS

EDIT: Plus even if it didn't work wouldn't I see the AK2i icon on the DSi but just get an error when trying to launch it?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
And the reason is clear... try it again on DSL but with right update file (maybe not work anymore)
Works your AK2i on phat now?

Obliviousfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried both update files on the phat with the same result, no game inserted message on the DSi but it boots/works fine on the phat, I'll try the DSL when I can

Obliviousfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
re-updated with the DSL and it still isn't seen on my DSi, like martin said I also think it's a contact problem because I don't even see the danny/ak2i logo when I put the card into my DSi, it just says "there is nothing inserted in the game card slot" I tried the paper trick a few times to make the card thicker (paper on the logo side of the ak2i) and couldn't get it to work, if anyone has any ideas let me know

sonicboom510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obliviousfan said:
so I was going to use my old ds phat/original to update it it works fine in those sees it/boots and works fine..I update it (with "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds")

I think that's your problem. You're suppose to update with the DSI version of the update file, not the DS light

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
This is probably a contact issue, because the card is working on a DS, but not DSi. Take a soft cloth and clean up all golden contacts on the Acekard.

Obliviousfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did that but still same thing, I ordered another from
Code:
 http://www.0shippingzone.com/acekard-acekard-p-319.html
cheap free shipping so I'll try it, I noticed my acekard 2i doesn't have the plastic separators like this one

Not sure if that's because I have a older version or something? mine shouldn't be faulty..I got it from
Code:
http://www.dealextreme.com/
anyway if this new one doesn't work I'll get a replacement on the DSi and just hope it works on the next I get.

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine didn't come with the plastic 'teeth' for the contacts either. It's just a newer revision of the card. Mine doesn't have the hole for the chip either, just a small bump on it. I got mine from DX too (before they stopped selling them....) and it's not a fake.

Obliviousfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original as in JUST a acekard 2? not a 2i? if so then DX sent me a mislabeled acekard 2 as a AK 2i as you can see in the picture in the first post, but it does only have 2 "teeth" on the left and one on the right

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/