M3 zero, I've heard they've been slow to release updates

so I say go with acekard..it's cheaper and updates are faster

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would just go with the Acekard 2i. Better compatibility, sleek stylish skins, and several features like rom trimming and wifi updates.
M3 products just don't match up to what they used to and the M3 team just vanishes far too often compared to the AKAIO team.

Although if you have the extra cash go with the Supercard Two.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You have two choices for DSi carts that have proper support/updates.
[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: $15 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Can use AKAIO, giving it compatibility with modern games. Can update itself and cheats over wifi, supports the DSi/XL, and supports memory cards up to 32GB.
  • Disadvantages: Can't do any of the special stuff the DSTwo can.
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
  • Price: $35 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Supports the DSi/XL, can update itself even if the DSi won't run it, supports memory cards up to 32GB, real-time save (save states), in-game guide (show text and images from walkthroughs without having to reset the game), "free cheat" which lets you modify memory while the game is running, GBA and SNES emulator, slow motion, and more.
  • Disadvantages: The most expensive card.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AceKard2i.

My friend has an M3, I have an AK2i.
He complains about games not working, I play games.

Rydian said:
  • Disadvantages: The most expensive card.
CycloDS is the most expensive card... still.
Also, I wish I could have paid $35+free shipping for a SuperCard DSTwo when I bought my R4 years ago (Cost me almost $60 incl. shipping from Divieno.com).

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
DSTWO is the top card. Hands down. AceKard 2i is also a good option but not as good as the DSTWO.

Also, R4 is a very good choice since YWG has made Wood R4... I am very surprised nobody has mentioned that yet. If you do not have a DSi definitely consider it, it is really cheap too.

But if you have the money definitely invest in the DSTWO. it is by far the best cart on the market right now (and looks like it will be for a while).

Also, nobody bash R4 because YWG has had great and steady updates constantly. Even more so than Normatt and the AKAIO team (not to discredit them or anything they do an amazing job too). Just saying give R4 some credit.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
DSTWO is the top card. Hands down. AceKard 2i is also a good option but not as good as the DSTWO.

Also, R4 is a very good choice since YWG has made Wood R4... I am very surprised nobody has mentioned that yet. If you do not have a DSi definitely consider it, it is really cheap too.

But if you have the money definitely invest in the DSTWO. it is by far the best cart on the market right now (and looks like it will be for a while).

Also, nobody bash R4 because YWG has had great and steady updates constantly. Even more so than Normatt and the AKAIO team (not to discredit them or anything they do an amazing job too). Just saying give R4 some credit.
I don't think anyone bashes R4...
It's all the shit in a box clones that people bash.

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Limited budget = AK2i
Enough budget = DSTwo (and if you really want to play GBA games on your DSi)
I bought my 1st AK2i from ShopTemp = $15 + $3 + $1 (flashcart price + postage + flashing service)
and my 2nd AK2i from G0Id@n8rld@ = $12.69 (not flashed for using on DSi v1.4)
...bought my DSTwo (2 pcs) from Prlc@4ng@I = $32.89 (6 months back)
cool.gif

. . . . . SAY NO to M3i (I HAVE one....and being useless,I simply don't like it)

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It was the same problem for me mere weeks ago, when my first trusty Acekard 2i passed away after two years of service. I went with Acekard again. AKAIO is a very easy thing to use, with the farely frequent updates when games of interest are released. As far as I understand, the M3i just allows you to boot 3-4 firmwares from the card, with the hope the game you want to play works with at least one of them. AKAIO's miles better here, IMHO. Also, if you own a DSi, Acekard's kernel's updateable, which means it won't necessarily be blocked off if Nintendo decides to release another update. Or rather, it will be, but can be updated and used again.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I posted a similiar thing 'bout two weeks back.

Everybody went with AK2i.

And from experience, my Acekard 2, is getting the job done real well (Exceptionally well, Colosally well).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GreatCrippler said:
Between the 2 listed, probably the AK2i. Everyone bashing the M3i is silly, it's a good card.
The M3i Zero is not a good cart. Not anymore at least. The team isn't even close to being as active as they used to be, updates take forever, game compatibility is no where near as good as most carts on the market (hell even the R4 is better than it now). I would say the M3i Zero is one of the worst carts on the market nowadays, not counting clones or fakes.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
GreatCrippler said:
Between the 2 listed, probably the AK2i. Everyone bashing the M3i is silly, it's a good card.
The M3i Zero is not a good cart. Not anymore at least. The team isn't even close to being as active as they used to be, updates take forever, game compatibility is no where near as good as most carts on the market (hell even the R4 is better than it now). I would say the M3i Zero is one of the worst carts on the market nowadays, not counting clones or fakes.

Yeah... I used to LOVE the M3 team and deal with the crappy Touchpod GUI (laggy, slow, annoying to navigate) when I bought my M3 Real how many years ago but once I got my Acekard 2i I could clearly see it is superior. I am kinda upset that they put the SAME CRAPPY FW on the M3i Zero... I wish they would have upgraded it somehow.

Even my M3 Simply (First flashcart ever, just a "official" R4 clone lol) is better than my M3 Real. >_> ah... the good old days. paid 50 bucks for a R4 clone... lol.

Damn, R4 has come a loooooong way.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I were to buy a cart today it would be the DSTwo. I've been using an Acekard2i since the DSi came out but it doesn't have an embedded cpu like the Supercard that lets you run GBA games. I also have a M3i Zero which I have literally used once. Sakura looks nice and everything but is very sluggish to me. AKAIO is much more responsive and "snappier". The M3 cart is very cheaply made and doesn't feel sturdy like the Supercard or Acekard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.