- EOS v1.02 software is buggy
- Some in-game menu options are buggy
- Lack of Homebrew soft-reset support
- below average build quality, shell is poorly secured
- Soft-reset always returns to the top most menu
- Lack of Slot-2 PSRAM and SRAM support
- Lack of native Slot-2 flashing options
It has more cons about it though
Before quoting something, please get your facts right and take out the out of date details and make sure you know anything about the card you are posting something about it, since most of the cons have already been taken care of with the past few updates.
If anything the Supercard Two is the best cart on the market and even with the small bugs, just wait a little bit, they are being worked out one by one with each update. The only one I know that really isn't being worked out is the crappy card build, but that's not really that big of a problem if you don't man-handle it.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I really can't recommend either.

I have had an AK2i for about 15 mos. now, and I think it's great.
However, more recently is seems like the AKAIO team are abandoning the cart. Maybe not though.

I can only recommend the SCDS2.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fishaman P said:

However, more recently is seems like the AKAIO team are abandoning the cart. Maybe not though.

They are working on a really big update for the card when they finally release 1.8. So they haven't given up, they are just working out a few bugs in the firmware and features.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Fishaman P said:

They are working on a really big update for the card when they finally release 1.8. So they haven't given up, they are just working out a few bugs in the firmware and features.
Yeah, 1.8's going to have a couple nice new features in it (I posted a thread on them in the acekard section).

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rydian said:
Fishaman P said:

Yeah, 1.8's going to have a couple nice new features in it (I posted a thread on them in the acekard section).
I saw that thread, it looks like this update is going to be pretty sick. I can't wait to get my hands on it once it's released!

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
Between the 2 listed, probably the AK2i. Everyone bashing the M3i is silly, it's a good card.
The M3i Zero is not a good cart. Not anymore at least. The team isn't even close to being as active as they used to be, updates take forever, game compatibility is no where near as good as most carts on the market (hell even the R4 is better than it now). I would say the M3i Zero is one of the worst carts on the market nowadays, not counting clones or fakes.

Sakura updated in what? June? As opposed to Akaio in July? I freely admit to liking my Acekard more, but to say the M3i is notably worse is just silly.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
We have active updates on what AKAIO's doing, and confirmation multiple times that it's still being worked on (and we have new features named).

That's a hell of a lot more than M3i is doing.

Yes, I have it from you that akaio 1.8 will be something special. Great, I look forward to it. Until then, they both have been lacking updates for months. M3i is still a fine card. Not what it used to be, and likely not in my top 3, but it is still a fine piece of equipment.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GreatCrippler said:
GreatCrippler said:
Between the 2 listed, probably the AK2i. Everyone bashing the M3i is silly, it's a good card.
The M3i Zero is not a good cart. Not anymore at least. The team isn't even close to being as active as they used to be, updates take forever, game compatibility is no where near as good as most carts on the market (hell even the R4 is better than it now). I would say the M3i Zero is one of the worst carts on the market nowadays, not counting clones or fakes.

Sakura updated in what? June? As opposed to Akaio in July? I freely admit to liking my Acekard more, but to say the M3i is notably worse is just silly.
Indeed, but at the same time AKAIO doesn't really need to update as often. M3 hasn't really done anything new for Sakura or even their cards since M3 Kaura, which they pretty much stopped working on over some silly reason.
The AKAIO team are working a huge update that will make it's compatibility rival that of the supercard two, what is the M3 team doing?

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
GreatCrippler said:

Indeed, but at the same time AKAIO doesn't really need to update as often. M3 hasn't really done anything new for Sakura or even their cards since M3 Kaura, which they pretty much stopped working on over some silly reason.
The AKAIO team are working a huge update that will make it's compatibility rival that of the supercard two, what is the M3 team doing?

I dunno, ask them?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
You also have to factor in that AKAIO includes Anti-Clone code because of AceKard clones. That adds to the difficulty of releasing quick updates.
I don't think there's many M3iZero clones (in part due to the updating hardware).

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GreatCrippler said:
GreatCrippler said:
GreatCrippler said:

I dunno, ask them?
I am going to say, pretty much nothing. They aren't the team they used to be and I doubt they ever will be the team they used to be.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe? Do you have an open dialogue with any of them? Normatt is a member of this site with several people around here being active in the Akaio process. I can't speak for what the M3 team might do. Might be nothing, might be something. Given the information at hand it still seems wiser to go with Acekard, but I still see no fault in the M3i.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GreatCrippler said:
Maybe? Do you have an open dialogue with any of them? Normatt is a member of this site with several people around here being active in the Akaio process. I can't speak for what the M3 team might do. Might be nothing, might be something. Given the information at hand it still seems wiser to go with Acekard, but I still see no fault in the M3i.
Indeed this is just speculation, but looking at M3's recent track record it would be hard to say the M3 team seems to be doing anything, but the occasional game fixes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1