Hacking Acekard 2i on DSi 1.4U update

extrafuzzyllama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone i just got my acekard 2i and loaded the 1.5 akaio onto it and some roms and everything fully worked.
i am currently on a DSi with 1.3U
i would like to access DSi shop and everything but i am a bit confused on what i have to do before updating my DSi 1.3U to 1.4U

and one last thing i tried loading moonshell and i got this error anyone can help me out thx

CODEEntry clusters: 128, Actual clusters:129.
A size that the directory entry shows and an actual size of the file are different.

proc_chkdsk_body.h:92 chkdsk_DuplicateCluster_ShowFatalError: #16401: Error found in checking duplicate cluster.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
In order for your acekard 2i to work, you need to be on 1.3u. To let it work on 1.4u, you need to run the updater which can be found here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174529 download it, put it on your card, run it, and then your card is a dannykard2i
yaynds.gif
Then you can safely update your card to 1.4u.
and for your moonshell problem, i can't really help you with that

extrafuzzyllama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thx 4 reply i am on 1.3U and what do u mean after i put the updater and run it on my dsi that after that i will be able to update my card to 1.4U? does that mean updating the DSi fw to 1.4U?

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, you have to update your acekard, in order for it to work on 1.4u. After that, you can safely update your DSi. You can only run the updater when you are on 1.3u or a dslite. You put the update file, in this case the DSi one, there is also a dslite one, which you don't need, somewhere on the SD where you can find it. Then run it like an ordinary game, read the instructions and update your card. After that, the icon will say Danny phantom: urban jungle. Then you can update to 1.4u.

pieceofmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
No, you have to update your acekard, in order for it to work on 1.4u. After that, you can safely update your DSi. You can only run the updater when you are on 1.3u or a dslite. You put the update file, in this case the DSi one, there is also a dslite one, which you don't need, somewhere on the SD where you can find it. Then run it like an ordinary game, read the instructions and update your card. After that, the icon will say Danny phantom: urban jungle. Then you can update to 1.4u.

so... basically if you've updated your DSi w/ 1.4u already, then you are screwed, right?

I'm expecting my ak2i this week and remember doing the update back in September to access DSiWare...

Crap

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the moonshell problem you have, it means it can not detect one of the files, even though it is there.
Code:
Entry clusters: 128, Actual clusters:129.
A size that the directory entry shows and an actual size of the file are different.
Try reformatting your card. Go ahead and look at this youtube video on upgrading. Also a list of instructions below.

Step By Step:
1.Download this file. http://www.mediafire.com/?1xquh1ymjjx

2.Extract the Rar file using winrar. download winrar here. http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar390.exe

3.Install winrar.

4.Get the AK2iFWupdate_DSI .nds or w/e, make sure it is the DSI version you use, and put it on your micro sd.

5.Boot up acekard2i on your DSI 1.3U

6. select Update file and press A

7.Follow instructions to update your acekard2i.

8. congrats!

sirkalab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is an issue I have, I updated DSi to 1.4u immediately I purchased. After a week I got Acekard2i & came to know that I need to update Acekard2i to newer version before I update DSi to 1.4U.
Is there a way I can downgrade DSi firmware to 1.3 & update Acekard or any other help is appreciated. I need to some solution to work with that.

Thanks

bach3609 said:
For the moonshell problem you have, it means it can not detect one of the files, even though it is there.
Code:
Entry clusters: 128, Actual clusters:129.
Try reformatting your card. Go ahead and look at this youtube video on upgrading. Also a list of instructions below.

Step By Step:
1.Download this file. http://www.mediafire.com/?1xquh1ymjjx

2.Extract the Rar file using winrar. download winrar here. http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar390.exe

3.Install winrar.

4.Get the AK2iFWupdate_DSI .nds or w/e, make sure it is the DSI version you use, and put it on your micro sd.

5.Boot up acekard2i on your DSI 1.3U

6. select Update file and press A

7.Follow instructions to update your acekard2i.

8. congrats!

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you updated your dsi to firmware1.4 you left yourself with few options to update your acekard2i. One option would to borrow a ds phat or ds lite. Or borrow dsi at firmware 1.3 or below. You also could buy a ds lite or ds fat or dsi at firmware 1.3 or below to do the update. You could also mail the card to a friend to have them update with their ds lite or ds fat or dsi.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tedmg09130913 said:
When you updated your dsi to firmware1.4 you left yourself with few options to update your acekard2i. One option would to borrow a ds phat or ds lite. Or borrow dsi at firmware 1.3 or below. You also could buy a ds lite or ds fat or dsi at firmware 1.3 or below to do the update. You could also mail the card to a friend to have them update with their ds lite or ds fat or dsi.
or you could do a sneaky trick i was once told
tongue.gif

you walk into a shop with your acekard somewhere hidden. You tell the man or woman in the shop that you would like to buy a dslite, but your not quite sure yet, and if you can try one out for a couple of minutes. When the shop owner isn't looking, pop out the game, put in your acekard, run the update and pop it out, put the game back in and give the dslite back
yaynds.gif

rithsv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rithsv.net
XP
Country
scrtmstr said:
tedmg09130913 said:
tongue.gif

you walk into a shop with your acekard somewhere hidden. You tell the man or woman in the shop that you would like to buy a dslite, but your not quite sure yet, and if you can try one out for a couple of minutes. When the shop owner isn't looking, pop out the game, put in your acekard, run the update and pop it out, put the game back in and give the dslite back
yaynds.gif
That's actually not a bad idea.
wink.gif

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rithsv said:
scrtmstr said:
tedmg09130913 said:
tongue.gif

yaynds.gif
That's actually not a bad idea.
wink.gif
Or you can pay the person money. After all, the acekard2i is not illegal to own
tongue.gif

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShatteredScreens said:
bach3609 said:
After all, the acekard2i is not illegal to own
tongue.gif
According t Nintendo's new anti-piracy site they are!
What should make them illegal then? the roms? but you don't need to put those on there if you don't want to.
I'm using mine mainly for media, so if i watch a movie on my dsi, i am breaking the law?
and they can't trace and arrest you anyway

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
scrtmstr said:
ShatteredScreens said:
bach3609 said:
tongue.gif
What should make them illegal then? the roms? but you don't need to put those on there if you don't want to.
I'm using mine mainly for media, so if i watch a movie on my dsi, i am breaking the law?
I dunno, ask Nintendo
cool.gif

Don't take it seriously though, Nintendo say emulators are illegal.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShatteredScreens said:
scrtmstr said:
ShatteredScreens said:
bach3609 said:
tongue.gif
I dunno, ask Nintendo
cool.gif

Don't take it seriously though, Nintendo say emulators are illegal.
Nintendo thinks everything is illegal when it hasn't got a big N mark on the front of it.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
scrtmstr said:
tedmg09130913 said:
tongue.gif

yaynds.gif

bahahaha that was me that told u that

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
bach3609 said:
tongue.gif

Nintendo doesn't make the law, nor do they enforce the law.

They are just a videogame company. Not the government or the legal system.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
CoconutCake said:
ShatteredScreens said:
bach3609 said:
tongue.gif

Nintendo doesn't make the law, nor do they enforce the law.

They are just a videogame company. Not the government or the legal system.
Would everyone stop taking that so fucking seriously.

pieceofmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks.

I just got my Ak2i today (I ordered it back in end of September.. took me little over a month).

Since I updated my DSi to 1.4u already, I'm going to use my DS Lite to update the Ak2i to 1.4 so it can be used on my updated DSi.

Now, my question is...

Do I put update file that's for DSi into my DS lite or DS Lite version?
(I'm asking this because apparent there are two versions of update file: one for DSi and one for DSL)

I searched and looked for a long time and it doesn't specifically address what you should put in my case where I have to use DS lite to update Ak2i so I can use it on already updated DSi.

I just want to make sure so it doesn't brick DSi.

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: Never mind- I went with DSi update file on DS Lite and it's working perfect on my updated DSi !! yay~ Thanks anyways =)

extrafuzzyllama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all i have a dsl and a dsi on 1.3u if i update on my dsi can i still use the acekard 2i on my dslite like normal or will it only work on dsi after update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password