Hacking acekard 2i not working on some lite's but will on others

martinezgene

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acekard 2i cards won't work every time they are inserted into some ds lite's, but will work in other dslite's. My son has a new lite and so do I and sometimes you have to reinsert the card or restart the lite many times before it will be recognized and on the first try it will work in my lite. My acekard 2i card will work every time it is tried in his lite. We have had his acekard card since May is this going to happen to all the cards once they get a few months old?
For the past few months it has worked flawlessly on his lite.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say that would be a connection problem
smile.gif

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As a suggestion, I would think about taking apart the acekard 2i ( I am not held responsible if you do this) and put a piece of paper right under the the connection pcb and it should connect all the time, as shattered screens says, it is a connection problem.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I've just received my Acekard 2i from the mail & I have the same problem.
sleep.gif
I've also noticed the contacts on Ak2i weren't completely clean but a bit dirty/scratched. I've used a soft cloth and now it works a bit better. But man, even my R4 SDHC never had this problem... I'm not really sure if I should replace it or wait if the problem degrades further.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Thanks for the heads up. I've contacted the shop and the guy said their acekards were all from the same package, most likely the same batch, which means a replacement might not do me any good at all. I'm eligible to a full refund in 15 days anyway, so I guess I'm just going to try to fix it if I can.

Man I hated my R4 SDHC because everyone was calling me a noob but the cart worked fine, now I got this and It's already not working properly.
wtf.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Leonidas said:
Man I hated my R4 SDHC because everyone was calling me a noob but the cart worked fine, now I got this and It's already not working properly.
wtf.gif
Life's a bitch, huh?

martinezgene

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all the replies. I stuck a plastic guitar pick next to the card and it does the trick. I noticed that my acekard 2i that I recently bought seems to be a little thicker than the older card that is giving me the contact problems.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Good news from me too. Cleaning up the contacts seems to have fixed it. I've reinserted the cart at least 10 times and it worked properly every time. I've also tried to purposedly misalign the cart during operation, and open/close my dsl, and it didn't freeze. I have tested Contra 4 & TWEWY for about 2 hours and the games worked without a single hiccup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)