Hacking Acekard 2i is can be read by my DSi, but...

Captainlunchbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...It seems only a handful of ROMs are compatible. I have less than 10 games that have worked so far. Every game I've downloaded since, I try to load it and just get the white screen.

Is it just because there aren't many games that work with it, or am I doing something totally wrong? These are popular games, so I don't understand why they don't work.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There are quite a lot of factors that affect compatibility:

1) Using clean roms (unpatched, untrimmed roms) usually works much better with ak2i's APbypass feature. Try obtaining clean roms, if possible.

2) The micro sd card used can affect performance dramatically. Try getting rid of unneeded components that have built up due to heavy usage by formatting your micro sd card with the SD formatter. NOTE: make sure you back everything up onto your computer before formatting, because formatting will erase all data in a micro sd card.

3) Make sure you're using the latest akaio firmware.

If none of these work, I suspect that your micro sd card is faulty. Try getting a better one.

emugirl1994

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
formspring.me
XP
Country
United States
You might have contact issues with your AceKard? I've had that happen where I was loading a game and then all of a sudden the screen turned white. Try the paper trick maybe to see if that's your problem.

Captainlunchbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are quite a lot of factors that affect compatibility:

1) Using clean roms (unpatched, untrimmed roms) usually works much better with ak2i's APbypass feature. Try obtaining clean roms, if possible.

2) The micro sd card used can affect performance dramatically. Try getting rid of unneeded components that have built up due to heavy usage by formatting your micro sd card with the SD formatter. NOTE: make sure you back everything up onto your computer before formatting, because formatting will erase all data in a micro sd card.

3) Make sure you're using the latest akaio firmware.

If none of these work, I suspect that your micro sd card is faulty. Try getting a better one.

Thanks for the suggestions. The only reason that I'm doubting the DS card is because it is an offical Sandisk card that came with it. And It loads the 5 other games that I have on the card fine and the loader works, too. But every game I've downloaded since, I get the "Loading" screen after I launch it, and then the white screen. Just to clarify.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Sounds like you either have an old version of AKAIO or you haven't got the settings right on your cart. Also where do you have your game ROMs installed on your SDHC card? Are they in their own folder or in the root folder or are they in the _aio folder?

Captainlunchbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you either have an old version of AKAIO or you haven't got the settings right on your cart. Also where do you have your game ROMs installed on your SDHC card? Are they in their own folder or in the root folder or are they in the _aio folder?

I got 1.8.8 and I made a Games folder to put everything in on the root.

Captainlunchbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I'm only posting this because I've reformatted and reloaded everything and I'm still having the same problems. I've even downloaded multiple versions of some of the ROMs.

Ok, now none of my games work. I don't get this at all. I Don't know what to do. I had saved game progress that is probably all lost now. So disappointed.

Captainlunchbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another problem I noticed is that there are no icons for the games that don't work. That seems to be a solid indicator. I just can't believe that the Acekard is 75% incompatible with the DS library.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Remember to rename save files so the sav name will match to rom name.
Check acekard HWID in start/settings/more/help. Is it 81?
For example new game 123gameQWE.nds with old save gameXYZ.sav will run but won't read this sav file.
Remember also to set up corresponding save file extention in system settings (.sav or nds.sav )
Get the latest akaio 1.8.8 from acekard site, download section.
Check if msd is fast enough, class 4 at least.
If rom's ico doesn't show up in akaio so the rom file is corrupt. Redownload from another source.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Another problem I noticed is that there are no icons for the games that don't work. That seems to be a solid indicator. I just can't believe that the Acekard is 75% incompatible with the DS library.
Are the roms named .nds or .nd5 because the AKAIO and the acekard is compatible with most of the games in the DS Library so I'm afraid you are still doing something wrong somewhere. Either that or you have bad downloads.

Captainlunchbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember to rename save files so the sav name will match to rom name.
Check acekard HWID in start/settings/more/help. Is it 81?
For example new game 123gameQWE.nds with old save gameXYZ.sav will run but won't read this sav file.
Remember also to set up corresponding save file extention in system settings (.sav or nds.sav )
Get the latest akaio 1.8.8 from acekard site, download section.
Check if msd is fast enough, class 4 at least.
If rom's ico doesn't show up in akaio so the rom file is corrupt. Redownload from another source.

I haven't renamed any of the save files, but they are all of the .sav extension.

HWID is 81. I have 1.8.8 which as I understand is the latest version of the software?

As for MSD, I am confused on that bit.

I feel like corrupt roms may be my real problem here after formatting and reloading and having the same problems. Thanks for all the help, everyone.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about the read speed for mSDs: lower the read speed, lower the compatibility to flashcarts. mSD cards weren't made to be run on flashcarts, so crappy/slow mSDs usually causes all sorts of problems. If you have any other mSD that is better than your current one, you can test if your mSD is the problem. Even if you format it, the performance will be bad if you have a slow mSD card.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your problem is your formatting with Windows. Go and download Panasonic SD Formatter 3.1 and use the settings it loads with. When it's done copy all your files back onto your micro SD card and you'll be golden :D I think that the games that work for you now is due to the cluster size or something. But go and get the Panasonic Formatter and redo everything and you should be good.

Also get a program called defragger, use google, and run your saves through it if they got corrupted from all the action they saw today. It's freeware, so it will not cost you a dime.

Captainlunchbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your problem is your formatting with Windows. Go and download Panasonic SD Formatter 3.1 and use the settings it loads with. When it's done copy all your files back onto your micro SD card and you'll be golden :D I think that the games that work for you now is due to the cluster size or something. But go and get the Panasonic Formatter and redo everything and you should be good.

Also get a program called defragger, use google, and run your saves through it if they got corrupted from all the action they saw today. It's freeware, so it will not cost you a dime.

I'm running a mac with its built-in disk utility

I 'll give those prgrams a shot though. Thanks.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

I'm running a mac with its built-in disk utility

I 'll give those prgrams a shot though. Thanks.
I though you used the sd formatter I provided on the first reply... Welp this makes a difference. :P

Yeah, try using the panasonic sd formatter. I think there's a mac one.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also Macs are notorious for adding extra hidden files on .nds and other files so if the formatter doesn't work it may be time to set up a virtual machine for Windows on your Mac. Or maybe you have access to a PC? Good luck Lunchbox and do come back and tell us the results, ok?

Captainlunchbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also Macs are notorious for adding extra hidden files on .nds and other files so if the formatter doesn't work it may be time to set up a virtual machine for Windows on your Mac. Or maybe you have access to a PC? Good luck Lunchbox and do come back and tell us the results, ok?

No dice. Thanks for the help though. I think I am just incapable of finding any good roms or sources. Private message me if you have any advice regarding that and we can exchange emails or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo