netaware

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just git my acekard 2i and a 3DS. Its working great, but how do you change the icon displayed on the 3DS menu?
It is currenly displaying a wierd pink thing and the words are Chinese?

Thanks for your help.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#Acekard_Hardware

QUOTE said:
After updating the AK2i Bootloader (firmware) I no longer see the Acekard icon, why?
The DSi security works by verifying that the game about to launch is an actual game by the icon being loaded. For the Acekard to bypass this first check it must present itself as a real game. The icons you can expect to see are Danny Phantom - Urban Jungle (DSi v1.4.0), Alex Rider: Stormbreaker (DSi v1.4.1), Atama de Do! Koten Kotenko DORASU (3DS 1.0.0-0), Chessmaster - The Art of Learning (DSi v1.4.2 & 3DS 2.0.0-2), and Hello Kitty no Panda Sport Stadium DORASU (DSi v1.4.3 & 3DS 2.1.0-3/2.1.0-4).

I want to change the AK2i icon, how can I do this?
The original AK2i (Acekard.com) icon is hardcoded into the original firmware and can not be changed. More recently, the icons change with firmware updates, these icons are actually partial game data designed to exploit the DSi/3DS checks. These icons can not be altered and attempting to do so would render the card unusable and unbootable.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

QUOTEAs the icon is a key feature to circumventing the first check, the icons which change with each bootloader update can not be altered and attempting to do so would render the card unusable and unbootable.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :angry: