Hacking Acekard 2i- Alex Rider Stormbreaker

Kylie123

Trophies
XP
Country
Im new at all this technical shit and all i keyed in was Alex Rider Stormbreaker and this is what came up. Im sure it is a similar problem. I need help not negative feedback
toot.gif
toot.gif
toot.gif
toot.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Clookster said:
Kylie123 said:
Hi, i have the same problem.

No, you haven't.

We're talking about Acekard here.

You don't have an Acekard, do you? You have a cheap, annoying crapcard.
toot.gif

Well shit, you made a productive post.
toot.gif

QUOTE(Kylie123 @ Jan 9 2011, 03:39 PM)
Im new at all this technical shit and all i keyed in was Alex Rider Stormbreaker and this is what came up. Im sure it is a similar problem. I need help not negative feedback
toot.gif
toot.gif
toot.gif
toot.gif
You need to download the firmware for your cart. Ignore the Stormbreaker, that's just your cart's bypass. Go to the site specified on your cart's box and download the latest firmware.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not a problem, just continue playing. Jeex, why do people insist on trying to fix what ain't even broke in the first place?

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kylie123 said:
Thanks for that, i did that but it comes up blank when i click on Alex Rider Stormbreaker????? Very frustrating.

OMG. The Alex Rider Stormbreaker is NOT the problem. THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER, IT IS WHAT IS MEANT TO SHOW UP.

Now. Find what the problem actually is, then come back.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay guys, listen up. I, from hereon forth, will speak in simple terms which may not be factually correct, but serve as a better way of understanding said information.

Before the 1.4 update, every flashcard could have any random icon it wanted to have. The Acekard had an acekard logo, the SC had a supercard logo, the R4 had an r4 logo etc.

After the 1.4 was rolled out, the NDSi started checking the logo information. If the logo didn't match up with a list of known games or was blacklisted the card was not allowed to initalize and boot up the firmware. This essentially disabled every flashcard out there.
There can be no firmware update for this, since the cart doesn't even boot the firmware in the first place. The cart gets inserted, the NDS sees that it is a non legit retail cartridge, and disables it.

Now the clever people that made the flashcards came up with a solution. They took the icon from a legit game, and released a software that would flash the cartridge itself, not the firmware. For that flash to be executed, you load a special application onto the memory card, and insert the card into a NDS that is able to run it (1.3 DS lite). Then the software changes the acekard logo to a legit game icon. Now the NDS will think that this is a legit game, and allows the cartridge to initialize, and thus booting the firmware.

If your card shows up as a legit retail cart (ALEX RYDER, FISH TYCOON) then everything is okay. If your cart doesn't start after being selected, you have other issues, like uncompatible firmware, need to format the SD corectly, wrong filesystem etc.

In case of doubt, do a full format with the Panasonic SD Formater, and do a full erease with size adjustment on, and then load a clean copy of your firmware only onto your cart. Also make sure the system files (the .nds) have the filename that your flashcart will be looking for upon intialization. If your card is looking for _SYSTEM_.nds and your file is named akmenu.nds then it's not going to start up.

Also you cannot change the icon. No you can not change it. The icon can not be changed. It is not possible to change the icon. The icon may not be changed.

There. Hope i made that clear.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GolenSun550 said:
I do have the same question , what does that icon mean ?

Each card tricks the DSi into thinking it's a real card in there. I think [well last time I checked] the DSTWO is Fish Tycoon.

For the Acekard, before it was Alex Rider, it was Danny Phantom.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
RoxasIsSora said:
Evo.lve said:
RoxasIsSora said:
So what your saying is....If I replace my AK2i's Menu icon, with lets say Pokemon Diamonds it'll run on 1.4?

I hope that was sarcasm.

At it's finest.

Oh thank God, thyne Queen of Sarcasm.

Does everyone not look at a persons gender before posting?

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To anyone having an issue with firmware - go to the website listed on your flashcart and download it from there. You obviously do not have the correct firmware and your flashcart wont work. With the R4i Gold - go to the website listed on the cart and download the latest Wood. If you have another version of R4, download same goes....

stop being so freakin helpless.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RoxasIsSora said:
So what your saying is....If I replace my AK2i's Menu icon, with lets say Pokemon Diamonds it'll run on 1.4?

basically, yes.
You would have to change more then just the icon, you would also have to change the cards header information.

If you changed the header to that of pokemon, then it would work just fine. If you just edited the icon in the header, it would not work on the other hand.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rave420 said:
RoxasIsSora said:

basically, yes.
You would have to change more then just the icon, you would also have to change the cards header information.

If you changed the header to that of pokemon, then it would work just fine. If you just edited the icon in the header, it would not work on the other hand.

You do realise it's been stated that was noob sarcasm...?

Also, it wouldn't work, because Pokemon Platinum isn't exploitable.

EDIT: I meant Diamond.

Kylie123

Trophies
XP
Country
ive come on this site to gets some help not to be told im freakin helpless. I am not a computer wizz like some of you think you are. All im am hoping for is some one to help me get this sorted so my son can start playing games again.

Ok, i bought a R4i upgrade card and have gone onto the website www.r4ll-net.com and have downloaded the english verion which has come up as ENG.rar. I then used Winzip and Winrar and the files have come up r4imenu/moonmemo/moonshl2 i then transfer them to my sd card in the e drive. When i put it into his dsi and click on Alex Rider Stormbreaker it comes up blank.

What am i doing wrong, how can i fix this. Please only reply if you can help and have something nice to say.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kylie123 said:
ive come on this site to gets some help not to be told im freakin helpless. I am not a computer wizz like some of you think you are. All im am hoping for is some one to help me get this sorted so my son can start playing games again.

Ok, i bought a R4i upgrade card and have gone onto the website www.r4ll-net.com and have downloaded the english verion which has come up as ENG.rar. I then used Winzip and Winrar and the files have come up r4imenu/moonmemo/moonshl2 i then transfer them to my sd card in the e drive. When i put it into his dsi and click on Alex Rider Stormbreaker it comes up blank.

What am i doing wrong, how can i fix this. Please only reply if you can help and have something nice to say.

You're not downloading the actual firmware files.

You have to find the firmware files then it'll work.

EDIT: YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ACEKARD. THIS IS THE ACEKARD SECTION. POST THIS IN THE R4 SECTION.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi