Hacking Acekard 2i 3DS update

lompoc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all acekard2i that flashed to 3ds need---------------------------1.8.6a firmware to work========all lower wont work on cart for dslight and dsi and 3ds---only 1.8.6a so if you want to play all games on dslight/dsi/ again just downgrade so you can use all firmware again. works on dslight dsi with 1.8.6a only firmware

AlpineMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lompoc said:
all acekard2i that flashed to 3ds need---------------------------1.8.6a firmware to work========all lower wont work on cart for dslight and dsi and 3ds---only 1.8.6a so if you want to play all games on dslight/dsi/ again just downgrade so you can use all firmware again. works on dslight dsi with 1.8.6a only firmware

I'm not sure I understood what you just said. Please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong if I misinterpreted. In order to flash the Acekard 2i to make it compatible with the 3DS, you must use 1.8.6a firmware. It won't work if you use a lower version. If you want to use the Acekard 2i on your DS/DSi again, you must downgrade to a lower firmware version than 1.8.6a.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lompoc said:
Lompoc, we already told you in your thread 1.8.6a is not a firmware, it's the OS menu version of AKAIO.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when he says 1.8.6a he is referring to AKAIO. The actual flashcart update is a 3DS update_v1, but after that, you have to update to the latest AKAIO software.

Remember plz, there is a difference between hardware, software, and firmware. I'm not gonna go into it tho.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
I just did the update (dsl) and when I put it into the 3DS it was a black screen but the DS game noise (ting ting) happened. I pressed the power button and then went back to the home screen which fixed it. Is this normal?

AlpineMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jmes1991 said:
Okay I'm gonna make a guide on how I made my acekard 2i work on my 3DS, DSi, and DS Lite.

BEFORE YOU START, THIS IS FOR ACEKARD 2i with HWID 81, NOT HWID 44

1) Download AKAIO 1.8.6 (the latest firmware for acekard 2i)
2) Replace all the system files on your microSD card with the latest AKAIO firmware.
- Your firmware should be at 1.8.6 at this time
- Launch acekard 2i on a DSi or DS Lite to confirm you are running on akaio 1.8.6 on HWID 81 if you need to! (optional step)
3) Download the 3DS update on acekard's website and extract it to desktop or preferred area
4) Place the DS Lite version of the acekard firmware update into the root of your memory stick!
5) USE A DS LITE and pop in the acekard 2i
6) Launch the acekard 2i 3DS update
7) Follow the directions of the acekard 2i 3DS update
- At this point it should tell you to remove the flash cart and re-insert it to the DS Lite.
8) Let the DS Lite upgrade the flash cart from 0% to 100% or until it says it is okay to restart.
- If errors pop up or it does not upgrade, either you didn't follow my directions as an use a DS Lite, use the DS Lite firmware 3DS or you are just unlucky.

I hope this helps! I know how it feels to be the nooby who asks and then some JERK goes "read the whole forum from beginning until end."

Thanks...finally got my cheap DS Lite from ebay to do the upgrade. These steps worked 100% ! Just need to wait to try it out on the 3DS.

Jmes1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlpineMan said:
Jmes1991 said:
Okay I'm gonna make a guide on how I made my acekard 2i work on my 3DS, DSi, and DS Lite.

BEFORE YOU START, THIS IS FOR ACEKARD 2i with HWID 81, NOT HWID 44

1) Download AKAIO 1.8.6 (the latest firmware for acekard 2i)
2) Replace all the system files on your microSD card with the latest AKAIO firmware.
- Your firmware should be at 1.8.6 at this time
- Launch acekard 2i on a DSi or DS Lite to confirm you are running on akaio 1.8.6 on HWID 81 if you need to! (optional step)
3) Download the 3DS update on acekard's website and extract it to desktop or preferred area
4) Place the DS Lite version of the acekard firmware update into the root of your memory stick!
5) USE A DS LITE and pop in the acekard 2i
6) Launch the acekard 2i 3DS update
7) Follow the directions of the acekard 2i 3DS update
- At this point it should tell you to remove the flash cart and re-insert it to the DS Lite.
8) Let the DS Lite upgrade the flash cart from 0% to 100% or until it says it is okay to restart.
- If errors pop up or it does not upgrade, either you didn't follow my directions as an use a DS Lite, use the DS Lite firmware 3DS or you are just unlucky.

I hope this helps! I know how it feels to be the nooby who asks and then some JERK goes "read the whole forum from beginning until end."

Thanks...finally got my cheap DS Lite from ebay to do the upgrade. These steps worked 100% ! Just need to wait to try it out on the 3DS.

You're welcome (: If dorasu shows up on your DS Lite or DSi, it's guaranteed to work on your 3DS once you get it! However, if it does not successfully work on the 3DS as an does not read the cart, you have to slip a piece of paper so the contacts of the 3DS and the acekard 2i meet. That's the 2nd problem people run across after a successful install!

Deleted member 277605

Trophies
XP
I just got an acekard from some site called 'Zero Shipping Zone' and it shows up on my 3DS as an 'acekard' and crashes on an error screen whenever I launch it - I'm guessing that it doesn't have the 3DS update on it?

That would be pretty damn shitty given that I emailed the site and asked them
QUOTE said:
Hi, does the Acekard 2i you stock (http://www.0shippingzone.com/acekard-acekard-p-319.html) come preinstalled with the 3DS update? I own a 3DS but don't own a DSi\DS so I need a card with the update already on the card otherwise I won't be able to use it.

and was told that it was updated and 3DS compatible...

Amrulez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.0shippingzone.com/acekard-acekard-p-319.html

Pre-updated to work with DSi1.4.1 No need to have a DSL or DSi 1.3 to update it.
Original cart size, simple plug and play, no passme or flashed NDS needed
Supports DSi, DSL, IDSL, DS and IDS
Never lose saved data
Perfect compatibility
Supports Homebrew programs/games
Free UPS/DHL upgrade for order of 50 or more

The Acekard 2i is compatible with all homebrew because of the DLDI auto-patcher. You can just copy the homebrews to the MicroSD card and run it. You can use Moonshell, one of the most well known homebrew software on DS, for multi media. Watching movie, listening MP3, reading TXT novel on DS is so easy! Please [download moonshell for AK 2 here].
*Some homebrews need to be put at the root of MicroSD card for best compatibility.
Supports SDHC microSD
Supports any brand of MicroSD card
Support Action Reply cheats. Build-in editor
Built in "Trimming" Function
The Acekard 2i has a “Trimming” Function built in. When you copy a file in the Micro SD , the Acekard 2i. will automatically trim any un-necessary data in a file.
Fully touch screen operation

The Acekard R.P.G. utilizes the idea of the iPhone which gives the customer a totally new control experience.
* You are able to use “Button Control” as well.
Build-in file operation
You can use copy, paste and delete at the files in MicroSD card.

Can be used as a Passme to boot from slot-2 flash carts. Run GBA games by using expand cart

The Acekard 2 can be used as a passkey, so you can boot your slot2 flash carts with it.
AK2 also support 3in1 expansion cart. You can run gba games from MicroSD card directly.
*You need insert MicroSD card with OSMenu to use Passme function.
*Expansion cart sold separately.
*There is no Slot2 in DSi.
Supports Multi-language
Support Skin and Dynamic skin change
Perfect UI
Support soft-reset, Download play and WIFI playing
Directly read TXT files and play MP3 files
Package Includes:

1 x Acekard 2i Cartridge

Says nothing in their online ad about it being updated for the 3DS unfortunately.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still kinda nervous about the supposed May update..I only tried the acekard once, a few weeks ago, to make sure that it worked on my 3ds which it did..tried it out for about a minute, havent played it since..so I hope that when the update comes out it does not affect my 3ds..I did not want to go ahead and format my 3ds since I already have been playing some games on it and I dont want to lose anything

cc2918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1_DSi.nds" for DSi and DSiXL.
"ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1_DSL.nds" for DSL and DSPhat.

I just purchased 2 AK2i (1.8.6 pre-update)cards, where is instruction to update with 3DS? =x

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
cc2918 said:

I just purchased 2 AK2i (1.8.6 pre-update)cards, where is instruction to update with 3DS? =x
errrr aren't you only permitted to flash on either a DS/DSL or a DSi/DSiXL?

EDIT: Unless your box for the Ak2i says "DSi(XL) & 3DS Compatible" on the top left, I think you need another DS system and the correct .nds file to update it on.
3dspackage.JPG

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cc2918 said:

Wait, so you want to update it with a 3ds? How the hell do you want to do that if the card needs the update before it will even work on the 3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1