Hacking Acekard 2i 3DS update

doodads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is curious, I emailed a couple of the stores and asked about Acekard working on a 3DS and from the ones that got back to me so far, gamespree.net says they pre-update it to work on the 3DS out of the box.

Amrulez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabato said:
Your acekard is HW44 like mine. Still no way to update it, if you did it with the old installer you have to reflash an old firmware with a dslite

I have HW44 as well, is there any news on a potential update coming soon? Where does it tell you that the HW44 carts are not update-able? I didn't see that on the Acekard website.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not on the acekard website because it was removed to prevent people with hardware 44 from updating.

They don't want anyone updating till they had the problem solved, but they left the direct link up. That said, if you don't have hardware 44, it works perfectly well from the two I updated using it.

WisdomWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread was very helpful. I managed to update my Acekard 2i (HW:81) to be compatible with my 3DS quickly and easily. For anyone wondering, realhotstuff is selling Acekard 2i pre-updated for 3DS compatibility for $18 w/Free shipping. Best deal for a fast USA delivery, I think.

jabato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Amrulez said:
jabato said:
Your acekard is HW44 like mine. Still no way to update it, if you did it with the old installer you have to reflash an old firmware with a dslite

I have HW44 as well, is there any news on a potential update coming soon? Where does it tell you that the HW44 carts are not update-able? I didn't see that on the Acekard website.

Its is in acekard website http://www.acekard.com/news.php#116

I sent them 2 emails a week ago and had no answer so im going to wait a full month(enough time for them to for testing) before asking them for a FREE replacement

ultimatt42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabato said:
Amrulez said:
jabato said:

I sent them 2 emails a week ago and had no answer so im going to wait a full month(enough time for them to for testing) before asking them for a FREE replacement

Free replacement, really? If you have HW:44 it means you bought it waaaayyy back when they first came out (like me). I promise you it still does everything it did when you bought it, and they have no obligation to provide you with extra functionality. If you want one that will work on the 3DS then go shell out $18 for a newer version, that's what I did as soon as I found out it was taking more than a few days.

You guys are such cheapskates, even for pirates...

jabato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ultimatt42 said:
jabato said:
Amrulez said:
jabato said:

Free replacement, really? If you have HW:44 it means you bought it waaaayyy back when they first came out (like me). I promise you it still does everything it did when you bought it, and they have no obligation to provide you with extra functionality. If you want one that will work on the 3DS then go shell out $18 for a newer version, that's what I did as soon as I found out it was taking more than a few days.

A soon as they announce "Update of AK2i for 3DS!" they are updating the support in the cards. As i said, im giving them a full month for testing, if they drop support for HW44, acekard will be another company in my black list. Its not about money, its about client support.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jabato said:
ultimatt42 said:
jabato said:
Amrulez said:
jabato said:

A soon as they announce "Update of AK2i for 3DS!" they are updating the support in the cards. As i said, im giving them a full month for testing, if they drop support for HW44, acekard will be another company in my black list. Its not about money, its about client support.

Oh god not some random kids blacklist!
Anything but that!
They don't care. No company would, you're just being silly.

GeekShadow

Trophies
Website
blog.geekshadow.com
XP
Country
France
Still no update for HW44
unsure.gif

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this most likely has been asked so i am still gonna ask if i flash my acekard HW8181 to the 3ds v1 will it still work in my DSL ?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
starstremr said:
Ok this most likely has been asked so i am still gonna ask if i flash my acekard HW8181 to the 3ds v1 will it still work in my DSL ?
yes
Edit:
ninja.gif
'd

Amrulez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
jabato said:
ultimatt42 said:
jabato said:
Amrulez said:
jabato said:

Oh god not some random kids blacklist!
Anything but that!
They don't care. No company would, you're just being silly.

LOL that was pretty funny dude. Spit my drink onto my keyboard..

GeekShadow

Trophies
Website
blog.geekshadow.com
XP
Country
France
Just got this mail from Acekard team :

QUOTE said:
Dear Acekard user,

First,we feel sorry for the delay of 3DS update releasing for the HWID:44 AK2i.

Owing to the singlarity of the chip used on HWID:44 AK2i, 3DS update may cause some instabilities on it.

So we need more test to insure it 100% safe when running.

It may not be very quick.Probably,which will be fixed together with the coming new Nintendo firmware update for 3DS in May.

We suggest users who are extremely anxious to get a new HWID:81 AK2i which can support the 3DS directly.

We feel quite sorry for any inconveniece brought to our dear users.

Thank you for your attention with Acekard.

Kind regards

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i flashed my acekard 2i HW81 and it works but the game looks like a Japanese game is that right or is there a way to make it like different?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m