Hacking Acekard 2i 3DS update

zain6267

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
That rumour is rubbish. I used a non updated Acekard in my 3DS (just to see what would happen). Had the icon & name in the log, sent my 3DS in for repair about a week later and got a new one sent to me with no questions asked.

Are you sure? I don't to not be able to repair my 3DS

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
dam
Aus had to get the DSi first
I had to get the flashcart on day 1
oh well ill just play the waiting game
HW 44 SUCKS!! >.

ProtoKnux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
zain6267 said:
QUOTE said:
That rumour is rubbish. I used a non updated Acekard in my 3DS (just to see what would happen). Had the icon & name in the log, sent my 3DS in for repair about a week later and got a new one sent to me with no questions asked.

This is the way I see it:

They won't brick it. It's a scare tactic. But they will try something, like all companies try with their firmware updates. So basically they will do the same as the DSi for DS flashcarts.

However, perhaps they also found out a way 3DS security could be compromised to run unofficial software on it, and they have implemented something that works against it already. When looking at the security of your device, the normal thing would be finding out which ways can it be hacked, so you can protect the console from it.

Basically:

-DS Flashcarts should work without problems, until they put an update and you have to flash them again and again, just like before.
-3DS software may be the real problem here. Maybe you won't receive a brick, but the console will log that, not as a fake ID or anything, but through different means.

This is all theory though. But if what Keva says is right, there's a possibility they will overlook DS flashcarts.

And since it's a theory, I will recommend waiting for the next big update to take action instead of being hasty about it.

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zain6267 said:
QUOTE said:

Yes, positive.

FPU4eva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how long did it take to get to ur house from http://www.gameplayfun.com im gonna order today and cant wait
smile.gif

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay I'm gonna make a guide on how I made my acekard 2i work on my 3DS, DSi, and DS Lite.

BEFORE YOU START, THIS IS FOR ACEKARD 2i with HWID 81, NOT HWID 44

1) Download AKAIO 1.8.6 (the latest firmware for acekard 2i)
2) Replace all the system files on your microSD card with the latest AKAIO firmware.
- Your firmware should be at 1.8.6 at this time
- Launch acekard 2i on a DSi or DS Lite to confirm you are running on akaio 1.8.6 on HWID 81 if you need to! (optional step)
3) Download the 3DS update on acekard's website and extract it to desktop or preferred area
4) Place the DS Lite version of the acekard firmware update into the root of your memory stick!
5) USE A DS LITE and pop in the acekard 2i
6) Launch the acekard 2i 3DS update
7) Follow the directions of the acekard 2i 3DS update
- At this point it should tell you to remove the flash cart and re-insert it to the DS Lite.
8) Let the DS Lite upgrade the flash cart from 0% to 100% or until it says it is okay to restart.
- If errors pop up or it does not upgrade, either you didn't follow my directions as an use a DS Lite, use the DS Lite firmware 3DS or you are just unlucky.

i have done all this,but when i try to launch acekard 2i 3DS update, my ds freezes,and have to turn it off.i have a ds lite with ACEKARD 2i with HWID 81.what did i do wrong?

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Shad0wninja said:
Quick question.

I recently got a 3DS. Can I update the 3DS firmware, and the AceKard 2i will still be able to play on it?
If you run the AK2i's firmware update FIRST, then yes.

Thanks
smile.gif

Doesn't look like it, but you just saved a noob a whole lot. Was about to update.
tongue.gif

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Shad0wninja said:
Quick question.

I recently got a 3DS. Can I update the 3DS firmware, and the AceKard 2i will still be able to play on it?

what do you mean by this? Do I need to save some sort of flash file or something?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
djricekcn said:
what do you mean by this? Do I need to save some sort of flash file or something?
It's on the site.
http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1.zip

You run it like you would a ROM.

Your original quote made me think that you need to update the acekard 2i first before upgrading the 3DS using the 3DS. trying to figure out what's the difference of upgrading acekard 2i before or after updateing the 3DS

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I AM saying you update the Ak2i before updating the system.

Now, this isn't true with the current update to the 3DS, but it has been true of the DSi updates so it's likely to be true of the 3DS updates... if the 3DS updates to block the cart, you can't run the cart so you can't apply the update to it, so always update the CART FIRST.

Holmesd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I seriously doubt this is ever going to actually work for me. I tried the update in a DS Lite earlier on but I just got the same thing happening as when I put it in my 3DS (or indeed, DSi) ie. I get the 'loading' screen, then nothing. It's very frustrating. I'd just like to know what the problem is and how to solve it.
sad.gif

Holmesd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Shad0wninja said:
Quick question.

So what's that mean? If I didn't do that first, there's no going back now?

AlpineMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holmesd said:
I seriously doubt this is ever going to actually work for me. I tried the update in a DS Lite earlier on but I just got the same thing happening as when I put it in my 3DS (or indeed, DSi) ie. I get the 'loading' screen, then nothing. It's very frustrating. I'd just like to know what the problem is and how to solve it.
sad.gif

I'm thinking perhaps you missed a step or didn't do a step correctly. Perhaps make a youtube video so we can see what may be going wrong.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Holmesd said:
Rydian said:
Shad0wninja said:
Quick question.

So what's that mean? If I didn't do that first, there's no going back now?
As a rule of thumb, you should update your piracy device before updating your games console system to the newest version.

In this particular case, it doesn't matter what you do first, but in order for the acekard to work on a 3DS it needs to be updated regardless of the firmware it's running as of this second since it isn't a DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.