AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO will be renamed "Danny Phantom", just to avoid any confusion on v1.4 DSi units.

On the plus note, ran this update on a working AK2i on my DS Phat, swapped in the bricked AK2i I've had sitting around (bricked it when the DSi first came out running AKAIO and telling it to use alternate loaders).

Updated the card to the AK2DannyPhantom edition, and it's no longer a brick.

clippy16.jpg

Still not running a 1.4 DSi yet; have to wait on M3i Zero firmware update

sjserio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a question. im sorry if this quesion turns out to be annoying, but im a noob, so bear with me.

okay, what if i had already updated to 1.4U, and i have gotten the same error message as other people have been posting.
i dont have a DSL, i lost it somewhere
tongue.gif
, so now what the hell do i do?
biggrin.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh you need to update the ak2i ..... there is one out which is this entire topic. >.> It requires another ds phat, ds liite, or a dsi that is on version 1.3x or lower. Only because you already updated to 1.4x

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
sjserio you will need to find another DS/Lite or a DSi with 1.3x or lower to update, you cannot use the Acekard 2i on a 1.4x DSi otherwise...

sjserio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay! haha okay, thanks guys, i guess ill just use my cousins dsl.

so, i assume the acekard 2i is still gonna work on a dsl, and then from there, i open up the acekard update? and i guess it installs or something? and then its good to go?

biggrin.gif
????

dmentd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally updated last night. I did run in to a slight bump.....As I was updating the AK it froze at %10. I let it sit there for about 15 minutes before shutting the DS off. Once I rebooted the DS the AK was not showing up. The DS was just showing that a card was in the SLOT but with no icon. All I did was take the SD card out and replace the AKAIO folder and ran the update again....This time it worked.
yaynds.gif

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BlackHoleSlam1994 said:
heres wat happen i went to my friend's with my dsi n the acekard had the root menu look like this
_aio
akmenu4.nds
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds

problem was when i put the acekard in his dsl i clicked it and it just kept saying loading so i found out i need to use the dsl file which i put on their now but i hve to wait till tomorrow to try again so just to be clear the rite way it should look is this

_aio
akmenu4.nds
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds

k thanks

yes
those are the files required

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
BlackHoleSlam1994 said:
heres wat happen i went to my friend's with my dsi n the acekard had the root menu look like this
_aio
akmenu4.nds
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds

problem was when i put the acekard in his dsl i clicked it and it just kept saying loading so i found out i need to use the dsl file which i put on their now but i hve to wait till tomorrow to try again so just to be clear the rite way it should look is this

_aio
akmenu4.nds
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds

k thanks

yes
those are the files required

Are those the same files you'd use if you were starting a brand-new card?

I got three cards coming in the mail, and I want to start them off fresh.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well these are the files u need to start off

_aio
akmenu4.nds

the other file (ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds or ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds ) is for u[grading ur card so that it works on the dsi

ide say dowload akaio and put it in ur card
then put the dsi upgrade file if u hant updated ur dsi yet and update from ur ds
other wise take the dsl update file and update on a dsl or phat

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
well these are the files u need to start off

_aio
akmenu4.nds

the other file (ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds or ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds ) is for u[grading ur card so that it works on the dsi

ide say dowload akaio and put it in ur card
then put the dsi upgrade file if u hant updated ur dsi yet and update from ur ds
other wise take the dsl update file and update on a dsl or phat
OK, so I need all three files...first I put just the first two on. THEN, stick it in the DSL.
THEN put the third file on, and stick it in there again. Then I ought to have cards working on the DSi...as well as the DSL.

Cool. Thought I might intro my mom to a little homebrew, because I found a few good ones here that she might enjoy. Nintendo can go to hell, nothing is illegal about homebrew. They're just pissed off about it because THEY don't make the money on it. Too bad, so sad, my heart bleeds for Nintendo.

Let them make the stuff people want, and we'll buy it. If they won't make the stuff people want...and ignore a cetain section of their audience (old school gamers for example) well, then they can piss up a rope, we will find a way to have that which our little hearts desire.

Posts merged

QUOTE(BlackHoleSlam1994 @ Aug 19 2009, 10:41 AM) k thanks last thing when i put it in the dsl do i just go to the card and it will update and do i need a wifi hotspot or something
No internet connection of any kind needed, Black. Just put it in and turn it on.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
Nintendo can go to hell, nothing is illegal about homebrew. They're just pissed off about it because THEY don't make the money on it. Too bad, so sad, my heart bleeds for Nintendo.

Let them make the stuff people want, and we'll buy it. If they won't make the stuff people want...and ignore a cetain section of their audience (old school gamers for example) well, then they can piss up a rope, we will find a way to have that which our little hearts desire.
Nobody makes money on homebrew, it's free. If you don't like that Nintendo is trying to protect themselves from losing money to people pirating their products, then don't buy a DSi in the first place. You want Nintendo to cater to "old school gamers"? Isn't that what the Virtual Console and emulators are for?

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Kalisiin said:
Nintendo can go to hell, nothing is illegal about homebrew. They're just pissed off about it because THEY don't make the money on it. Too bad, so sad, my heart bleeds for Nintendo.

Nobody makes money on homebrew, it's free. If you don't like that Nintendo is trying to protect themselves from losing money to people pirating their products, then don't buy a DSi in the first place. You want Nintendo to cater to "old school gamers"? Isn't that what the Virtual Console and emulators are for?
Yes, that is what emulators are for. AND NINTENDO IS TRYING TO SHUT DOWN OUR ABILITY TO USE EMULATORS WITH THEIR CRAPPY UPDATE THAT SCREWS THE FLASHCARTS.

And, no kidding no one makes money on homebrew. I knew that. It is just that Nintendo hates homebrew, because THEY (Nintendo) aren't making money off it.

Sorry, I'm just royally pissed at Nintendo. I got screwed, because I bought a DSi, without knowing they could do exactly what they did.

The update has been beaten, well and good...but there will be a next time, too.

That's WHY I gave my mom the DSi, and took back my old DS Lite...I now own three more DSLites still in their original boxes. Going out and buying those was my reaxtion to the 1.4 update.

I'd never have bought a DSi in the first place if I knew they (Nintendo) were going to be crappy about them.

A few pirates are NOT going to kill Nintendo. Piracy is wrong, I don't much like it, either...but, damn, they act like they are dying from it, and they aren't. The music industry acted the same way with Napster. And that was no different, essentially...than what we used to do when I was a kid...swap cassette tapes and dub them. It didn't bankrupt the music industry then...and copying won't do it now, either.

You mean to tell me that your new generation of kids today don't sit there and rip their CD's to their computers, and then burn copies for their friends...basically the same thing as dubbing was for us back then.

And it didn't kill the industry then, nor will it now.

The only difference is that...those other methods are not traceable, whereas downloads are.

I'm sorry, I have a REAL hard time feeling sorry for a big, huge multi-billion dollar multi-national corporation that is whining about a couple of lousy pirates out there...and thus, in the process of fighting them....squash us in the homebrew community. I don't like being in the crosshairs as an innocent bystander in someone else's war, okay?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use an emulator on your PC.

If you had no idea that Nintendo could make an update block flash cards, then you just didn't do enough (if any) research beforehand.

Buying several DS lites seems like the stupidest possible response to the DSi 1.4 update if you're claiming you are mad at Nintendo.

Nintendo isn't going to be destroyed by a few pirates, but they have every right to protect their products and profits. You whining that you can't take their products for free and use them on your DSi anymore isn't gonna change that. You aren't an innocent bystander.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Use an emulator on your PC.

If you had no idea that Nintendo could make an update block flash cards, then you just didn't do enough (if any) research beforehand.

Buying several DS lites seems like the stupidest possible response to the DSi 1.4 update if you're claiming you are mad at Nintendo.

Nintendo isn't going to be destroyed by a few pirates, but they have every right to protect their products and profits. You whining that you can't take their products for free and use them on your DSi anymore isn't gonna change that. You aren't an innocent bystander.

The way I see it, I am. Because I see nothing wrong with using an emulator, and getting ROMS....OF GAMES I ALREADY BOUGHT AND OWN.

It's no different than if I'd bought a vinyl record...and then decided I wanted the same thing on a cassette tape....so, instead of going to the music store and buying a cassette for ten bucks...I went to KMart, and for a buck, bought a blank tape and taped the record onto a cassette.

We all did that back in the day....and it didn't bankrupt anyone then.

I have a real hard time feeling sorry for Nintendo.

And by the way, buying the extra DS Lites....was my way of insuring that, no matter what, for the rest of MY life...I'll have access to a system they can't brick up. It was not to reward or punish Nintendo. It was me making sure I had lifetime access to that which I want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated