jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2 & RPG Firmware Updates
Bliss' Loader Merged with Firmware!
acekard2.gif
acekardrpg.gif
in this update, bliss' loader has been merged with the acekard 2 firmware!
It also says to be using a new engine.dragon quest five has been fixed. you can download the new firmware below and see the full changelog as well.

Acekard 2 firmware 1.08Changelog said:
A brand new engine of saving and reading card for Acekard2. Faster and more stable. Castlevania should be never lag on any TF cards.
Press "a" to use new engine and long press "a" for old engine.
If there's any black or white screen please disable all special functions first.
Merged all main features from bliss's firmware. Thanks to bliss. And thanks to Smiths, Normmatt and gelu too.
*Improved supporting of running GBA games via expansion cards.
*Support mp3, txxt, avi, dsm, ogg, wav and so on direclty. (avi need convert first. txt support mark)
*Support AR code in dat and xml format.
*You can set uniquee settings for every single game.
*Support multi save slot for one game.
*Support automatically run after start up. You can long press b button to enter ak2's menu. Support short cut.
*Support hide files and folders. Support hide extension name.
Fixed save issue of DQ5

as for the Acekard RPG, the firmwares have also been merged. you can see the changelog below and grab the download from GBAtemp.
acekard rpg firmware 4.11 Changelog said:
Merged all main features from bliss's firmware. Thanks to bliss. And thanks to Smiths, Normmatt and gelu too.
Improved supporting of running GBA games via expansion cards.
Support mp3, txxt, avi, dsm, ogg, wav and so on direclty. (avi need convert first. txt support mark)
Support AR code in dat and xml format.
You can set uniquee settings for every single game.
Support multi save slot for one game.
Support automatically run after start up. You can long press b button to enter ak2's menu. Support short cut.
Support hide files and folders. Support hide extension name.

Fixed save issue of BBDX. Now you can choose 8m save for BBDX.
download.gif
Download Acekard 2 firmware 4.08
download.gif
Download Acekard RPG firmware 4.11
icon11.gif
acekard official website

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I thought Normatt said that the RPG wouldn't be able to support the 8MB save of BBDX.. Well I don't care about the game but it's still good to see that the acekard team found a workaround.

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This haslmp-ng (ipod clone) built-in so just navigate anywhere and start up an mp3. This clearly beats moonshell as an mp3 player for one reason. Recursive. Recursive. Recursive. Sadly most haven't a clue what recursive means. Built in textview ain't too shabby either. I'm really impressed with this release. Biggest change I notice is cheat support works much much better.

Adjust volume by spinning in a circle.
Tap middle to navigate song mode then spin in a circle.

Volume up/down - R or L trigger (hold)
Navigate song - Dpad R or R & L trigger (hold)
Next song - A
Previous song - Y
Pause - B
Menu - Dpad L or X
Select - Lock buttons

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im glad Acekard added bliss' improvements. Anyway what is AKAIO?...I guess ill look it up, download description seems really cool though.
Thanks for the updates.

Edit: Aawwww...i just remember my Kingston microSD died... two of them died so far, Im guessing im having some bad luck with them. I was careful with them holding by the sides n stuff but treated my transcend crapply. Kingston dies n transcend still works.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Brilliant update, the speed fix in particular - the Castlevania intro I could deal with but some games had the odd bit of noticeable slowdown in-game which prevented me from recommending the card to people, and the black screens between scenes of some games (like new track and field) were uncomfortably long.

Good to see bliss features like shortcuts added as well, especially as he's stopped updating.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
BlueStar said:
Brilliant update, the speed fix in particular - the Castlevania intro I could deal with but some games had the odd bit of noticeable slowdown in-game which prevented me from recommending the card to people, and the black screens between scenes of some games (like new track and field) were uncomfortably long.

Good to see bliss features like shortcuts added as well, especially as he's stopped updating.
For starters Bliss didnt implement shortcuts I did. How come everyone things Bliss made all those features? seriously?

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Thanks to bliss. And thanks to Smiths, Normmatt and gelu too.

So far from what i saw thanks to you all... credits are due !

I saw that Smiths & Normmatt are still pretty active here ;-)

I just tested the avi ( tuna video plugin ) with AKAOI ( just uncomment the lign with ;avi=tuna-vids.ak4 and add ,.avi to Files=.txt,.mp3,.ogg,.lac,.dsm in plugin.ini )

It works fine with movie avi ( container type video xvid+ audio mp3 mono ) : size= 256 x 192 ( or less ) and fps = 12 ( best ) with sound mono 96 Khz ( max ) mp3.

You can use SUPER convertor or IVC 1.53 STANDARD transcodeur ( FREE of charge for personal and professional usage ). This last one is adding nintendo dpg direct support ... now under test for tuna video ;-)

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
BlueStar said:

For starters Bliss didnt implement shortcuts I did. How come everyone things Bliss made all those features? seriously?

but Norm... it clearly says they merged only bliss' features... therefore he must have done them all.

I really want you to finish your damn "project" on AKAIO Norm... so that we might release a 1.2 that kicks this thing's ass.
Presuming of course they share the source on the BBDX 8MB save thing...

nab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is it me or can't I use my acekard as a passme anymore? I had moonshell on my supercard lite and now i can't seem to make it work! It worked fin before the update though....

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Normmatt said:
It only included bliss' 8Mbit save fix, 8MB saving is impossible on the AKRPG, how many times do i have to repeat myself
wink.gif
What does that mean exactly?... if 8Mb saving is impossible how can it be fixed (ergo possible?)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
BlueStar said:

I just meant features which were in the bliss firmware, chillax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3tSfM8OXM