Hacking Acekard 2 Loader 4.08

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since you have it in the "more" menu, you don't have to go into the full options to enable cheats.

Conceptually, it makes more sense in the window with the options for the ROM because...well...because cheats are options for the selected ROM.

Aesthetically, it makes more sense because it would fit in the options window better.

That's all. It was a suggestion. Enough said.

-Bri

Aerundel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chri5 said:
akaio is alot better

I guess I'll take this opportunity to state that AKAIO hasn't been better for me, when compared to Bliss or this new official loader. I initially switched from Bliss simply because it was discontinued, and AKAIO 1.0 worked well for what I wanted to do - play DS/GBA games, and have some media reading utilities built in. However, once 1.1 came out, I lost the ability to play GBA games (which I mentioned in the other thread). This continued to 1.1r2. Moreover, I've read that the developer of AKAIO doesn't have a working 3in1, and doesn't seem to care about getting a new one to test, so why should I bother using their firmware? Bliss was fine, and now this merged official loader is fine.

Another thing I noticed in AKAIO was an apparent lack of configuring a 3in1 to enable rumble on a per game basis. In this loader and Bliss, I could press Y twice on any DS game to get to a menu that let me enable rumble for that specific game. All I see in AKAIO's menus is the general enabling of rumble. If anyone would like to tell me where to find what I'm looking for, I'll try out AKAIO 1.2. Maybe.

I'm not trying to flame or anything, but I think that for a crew that has a lot to say about how insufficient other firmware options are, they still have some things to work out with their own stuff first.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
yep. we suck.

the 20 or so games that use rumble don't get individual options, because well... no 3in1 and honestly... i hated the rumble on the 3in1 when it was working nice. found out though you could crash metroid pinball with cheats enabled and the rumble set to "high". that was cool. i can add in rumble strength on a per-game basis as just another "romoption" like the custom loader, but then we're filling up options menus even more with just such a minor thing... sorry.

if you want to donate a 3in1 to me, be my guest. I have a flash advance and that's what i use for my GBA. be wanred, until i get a DS Lite donated to me as well, i won't be able to use it. the problem right now actually is i can't even use my 3in1 period, since i have a dS Phat. i tried a case swap with a GBA game, but don't feel like filing down the plastic to make the circuitboard fit.
so don't think i don't try.

my 3in1 is only broken in the sense of the saves. i can load games to the PSRAM 50% of the time (100% nor), and save them 0% of the time.

3in1 support for GBA fixed in latest things. that's been mentioned and it sucks ya need to hold out on it. But norm's got some stuff he's working on, and i'm playing with cleanups in general.

so your gripes are 3in1 support, basically.
Rudolph has an awesome program btw... and I support the hell out of that guy. 3in1 support straight from the gui is awesome, but i'm sure your little gripes with the entire system software can be rectified by using the 3rd part program of a trusted author.

---
but since i'm a soldier with a slight vodka buzz, the rumblestrength is in the rom option window, though it stretches it to the brim. so.. tada.

seren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with Bri, I never understood why there was so much obsession with the placing of the cheats button. Bliss' placing just made sense to me.

Highlight game -> Start -> Properties -> ROM info -> Cheats.

While AIO did:

Highlight game -> Start -> More -> Cheats

Sure it's one less button press, but there was nothing wrong with Bliss' and the placing actually made sense to me anyway. It actually suits the Windows feel.

Right Click File -> Properties -> Advanced (ROM Info) -> more options at your disposal.

I use the stylus and touchscreen to navigate the interface, just as I would use the mouse over the keyboard to navigate in windows. Others who use the buttons may experience things differently. Anyway that's just my opinion.

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aerundel said:
Chri5 said:
akaio is alot better
I'm not trying to flame or anything, but I think that for a crew that has a lot to say about how insufficient other firmware options are, they still have some things to work out with their own stuff first.
Best to not say anything and just use whatever works best for you. Taking sides over something like this is childish, just like taking sides on PC vs Mac, C/C++ vs Java, and Windows vs Linux. The bottom line, use the tool that will help you benefit the greatest.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Aerundel said:
Chri5 said:
akaio is alot better

I guess I'll take this opportunity to state that AKAIO hasn't been better for me, when compared to Bliss or this new official loader. I initially switched from Bliss simply because it was discontinued, and AKAIO 1.0 worked well for what I wanted to do - play DS/GBA games, and have some media reading utilities built in. However, once 1.1 came out, I lost the ability to play GBA games (which I mentioned in the other thread). This continued to 1.1r2. Moreover, I've read that the developer of AKAIO doesn't have a working 3in1, and doesn't seem to care about getting a new one to test, so why should I bother using their firmware? Bliss was fine, and now this merged official loader is fine.

Another thing I noticed in AKAIO was an apparent lack of configuring a 3in1 to enable rumble on a per game basis. In this loader and Bliss, I could press Y twice on any DS game to get to a menu that let me enable rumble for that specific game. All I see in AKAIO's menus is the general enabling of rumble. If anyone would like to tell me where to find what I'm looking for, I'll try out AKAIO 1.2. Maybe.

I've never owned a 3in1 and I don't have any use for it, which is my main reason why I'm not buying one. Not to mention me and Smiths do this for free.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ROM Troll said:
Best to not say anything and just use whatever works best for you. Taking sides over something like this is childish, just like taking sides on PC vs Mac, C/C++ vs Java, and Windows vs Linux. The bottom line, use the tool that will help you benefit the greatest.

Probably good advice.

Personally, I was just making a suggestion. I may have been assuming that Smiths and Normmatt were interested in suggestions for AIO, which may or may not actually be the case. But I wasn't taking sides, or even comparing AIO to Bliss. I actually didn't realize that what I suggested happened to be how Bliss implemented it until Smiths went ballistic.

Maybe in this case any suggestion will be interpreted as taking sides whether you mean for it to be or not.

-Bri

Aerundel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when does offering criticism and comparisons to other products mean I'm taking sides? Childish? I'm just offering my perspective. I don't use cheats, all I'm looking for is functional software. I can't help but find the lack of 3in1 support odd when there's a menu named "3in1". That might be something that's automated so that it says the name of whatever slot-2 cart I'm using, but still, if I see a menu named after my cart, I expect the software to support it correctly.

And a big reason why I bring up the per-game rumble is that when you compare the two menus where the feature is on Bliss, but not on AKAIO, there's a big blank space on AKAIO's menu. So I don't really buy that there's barely any room for it, because it literally looks like the Bliss menu, with the rumble option photoshopped out.

I can't believe someone on a forum is telling me not to say anything. Maybe we should all just stop talking about stuff and never provide feedback to whoever is uploading things to this site. Just download everything like bots and go on our ways...

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Aerundel said:
And a big reason why I bring up the per-game rumble is that when you compare the two menus where the feature is on Bliss, but not on AKAIO, there's a big blank space on AKAIO's menu. So I don't really buy that there's barely any room for it, because it literally looks like the Bliss menu, with the rumble option photoshopped out.

the blank space is only on an RPG. that option is the Loader on an AK2. welcome to hybrid firmware. Supporting multiple cards with 1 firmware means spacing options and features for two cards.

The 3in1 was a glitch, so stop being pissy about that. I admitted openly it was a glitch in the latest loader. On several occasions. If you're that adamant about your card being supported, wait until I'm drunk again and hope for a public beta.

The option's adding to the menu did stretch the menu a bit, so now gaps between options are smaller, especially on the AK2. The rumble just barely squeezes onto the romoption menu, along with cheats, sram, loader, reset, download play, etc.

Remember... bliss' awesome super menu of perfection only is designed for one card at a time. When we worked on AKBBS only, it was far easier to put in features. Now every feature needs a dual card test.

A little more understanding and reading on your part vs. the entitlement of the option existing and a product you own being used would be better in this.

Aerundel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine, no need to go on a bender for my part. Like what has been said, I have other choices. But I don't think a post or two about an issue is that big a deal, especially when I spaced them out by a few weeks (counting my first post here and my other post in the AKAIO thread).

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aerundel said:
Since when does offering criticism and comparisons to other products mean I'm taking sides? Childish? I'm just offering my perspective. I don't use cheats, all I'm looking for is functional software. I can't help but find the lack of 3in1 support odd when there's a menu named "3in1". That might be something that's automated so that it says the name of whatever slot-2 cart I'm using, but still, if I see a menu named after my cart, I expect the software to support it correctly.

I can't believe someone on a forum is telling me not to say anything. Maybe we should all just stop talking about stuff and never provide feedback to whoever is uploading things to this site. Just download everything like bots and go on our ways...
Aerundel, it was late and I didn't feel like a full explanation but I know taking sides was not the intent of your post, I did not call you childish, and I did not tell you to be quiet. Having seen so many of these threads turn into firmware wars, I jumped the gun and was only sharing my philosophy.

To Bri, my post wasn't aimed at you or anyone specifically. And I find your posts refreshing and your suggestions enlightening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps