Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
karyuudo said:
Sonia said:
karyuudo said:
I've found that if you use AIKIO 1.5.1 and AK RPG firmware 4.11 with your Ace2Kard you can play and save games except for Zelda Spirit Tracks.

I'm not sure what the extent of the compatibility is, but I've been able to play a few. It just upsets me that I bought something that doesn't work as it should
frown.gif

Interesting... I'll test this to see if it works with mine.

Let us know the results of your testing. Hopefully this can be a minor workaround for the time being.

This problem also has been reported on AIKIO's website forum. Apparently the reason for this problem with the ACE2KARD's is that there's 2 different teams working on them now... so somebody, somewhere dropped the ball releasing these faulty cards.

It's doing the same effing shizz.

I'm switching to the 2i and trashing this damned card.
dry.gif

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonia said:
karyuudo said:
Sonia said:
karyuudo said:
I've found that if you use AIKIO 1.5.1 and AK RPG firmware 4.11 with your Ace2Kard you can play and save games except for Zelda Spirit Tracks.

I'm not sure what the extent of the compatibility is, but I've been able to play a few. It just upsets me that I bought something that doesn't work as it should
frown.gif

Let us know the results of your testing. Hopefully this can be a minor workaround for the time being.

This problem also has been reported on AIKIO's website forum. Apparently the reason for this problem with the ACE2KARD's is that there's 2 different teams working on them now... so somebody, somewhere dropped the ball releasing these faulty cards.

dry.gif

Yeah reading back at what is happening with you card, it seems like a completely different issue. It seems like the card is entirely defective rather than a firmware incompatibility issue. You should try and get your money back from the retailer.

chrissmith9c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I Guess i lucked out because the acekard 2 I ordered on Feb 1st i got last week but my ds broke and I tried it today with a friends ds with a older firmware after reading about this then i updated the frimware to latest and my games arnt experieinceing any of these problems.

HWID:80
Ordered from: Real Hot Stuff

Latest games I played on it was call of duty modern warfare mobilized, Pokemon platinum, and Chinatown wars

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
karyuudo said:
Sonia said:
karyuudo said:
Sonia said:
karyuudo said:

frown.gif

dry.gif

Yeah reading back at what is happening with you card, it seems like a completely different issue. It seems like the card is entirely defective rather than a firmware incompatibility issue. You should try and get your money back from the retailer.

Right...

If it weren't for the fact that Deal Extreme has that stupid send back price, I'd do that. >

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrissmith9c said:
Well I Guess i lucked out because the acekard 2 I ordered on Feb 1st i got last week but my ds broke and I tried it today with a friends ds with a older firmware after reading about this then i updated the frimware to latest and my games arnt experieinceing any of these problems.

Latest games I played on it was call of duty modern warfare mobilized, Pokemon platinum, and Chinatown wars

Which FW and AKAIO are you using? I'm using the latest for AK RPG, and the games work relatively ok. If you use the latest firmware, games will load, but some games have major instability problems and also you cannot save properly. Try a few games such as Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and report back to us.

By PoLOr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the first card I bought, and i did so mainly because I heard good things about tha Acekard 2. However the more I read of this thread the more I feel like this card is dying just as I decided to purchase it. Like I said I'm pretty new to the ds so maybe I'll be wrong and they'll have some magic new firmware fix. I guess for now I'll stick with the PSP for my gaming on the go.

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By PoLOr said:
This is the first card I bought, and i did so mainly because I heard good things about tha Acekard 2. However the more I read of this thread the more I feel like this card is dying just as I decided to purchase it. Like I said I'm pretty new to the ds so maybe I'll be wrong and they'll have some magic new firmware fix. I guess for now I'll stick with the PSP for my gaming on the go.

If you buy the AceKard 2i then you're in the clear. I bought one for someone at Christmas and have had no problems with it.

Edit: thanks Gariscus for catching that typo
wink.gif

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i've been playing around with a few different FW's etc... This is what I've found to work the best.

AKAIO's 1.5.1 from the AK website... along with....

Bliss Acekard 2 OS

http://filetrip.net/f2515-Acekard-2-Bliss-OS.html

Bliss's version of the AK2 FW here works the best. Before with the official 4.11 from AK website, you'd get some freezing with some games. This older version seems to work better.

For those wanting to get Zelda to work, you'll need to get the cracked release by Xenophobia. I can confirm that this release works properly and you can drive the train
biggrin.gif

chrissmith9c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
karyuudo said:
chrissmith9c said:

Which FW and AKAIO are you using? I'm using the latest for AK RPG, and the games work relatively ok. If you use the latest firmware, games will load, but some games have major instability problems and also you cannot save properly. Try a few games such as Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and report back to us.

I am using the 4.21 official firmware and i will try AKAIO and report back with PoR if i get my new ds tomorrow which i probably will.
Also I got to reload my saves with no problem

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chrissmith9c said:
I am using the 4.21 official firmware and i will try AKAIO and report back with PoR if i get my new ds tomorrow which i probably will.
Also I got to reload my saves with no problem

For clarity you should confirm if it has a bump in the middle like the card in the GBAtemp review http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79371 as you could have a different card. There are HW80 cards with and without the cards.

chrissmith9c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I hope its a new batch so people wont get anymore acekards with these errors and people could finally order a acekard knowing it will work

AvttnFgbyrZlOvxr

Trophies
XP
Country
karyuudo said:
Okay, i've been playing around with a few different FW's etc... This is what I've found to work the best.

Bliss Acekard 2 OS

Bliss's version of the AK2 FW here works the best. Before with the official 4.11 from AK website, you'd get some freezing with some games. This older version seems to work better.

For those wanting to get Zelda to work, you'll need to get the cracked release by Xenophobia. I can confirm that this release works properly and you can drive the train
biggrin.gif
Sorry if I'm asking something that should be obvious, but does this mean that you're combining the Bliss OS with AKAIO? If so, how do you do this?

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news to anyone who ordered from Kick Gaming, they'll do an exchange for the faulty AceKard 2. Gonna ship mine back to them and get an AceKard 2i.

AvttnFgbyrZlOvxr

Trophies
XP
Country
When I posted that last post, I didn't realize the bliss os was just the akmenu file. I'm now using the akmenu from bliss with akaio 1.5.1's __aio directory renamed to __ak2, but I still can't play bowser's inside story (which worked on my previous acekard, with akaio)

Sleipnir

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
karyuudo said:

Bliss Acekard 2 OS

biggrin.gif

This may be too much to ask, but could you like, post a rar that alreadt contains all that we have to unrar to the root of our sd?

Endometriosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered an Acekard 2.1 on February 6th from realhotstuff. My Micro SD hasn't arrived yet but I'll confirm whether or not it's a working cart when it does. I'm posting because of the image in this thread on the acekard forums.

dsc00669o.jpg

The thread starter had the same general issues as the rest of the odd carts. What's interesting to me though is the chip. Everything else in my cart is exactly the same except for the chip. The transistors, their respective notations (C1 etc), the PCB's shape, everything but the big black chip. Mine is the SST series that's been pointed out in one of the stickies. Numbers as follows, with picture.

39VF1681
70-4C-EKE
0904022-0

pcb_tf.JPG

Oddly enough those have slightly different layouts with the minor bits and pieces above the Micro SD bay. It came in a standard "tabbed" 2.1 flashcart with a perfectly aligned label. A divot is on the back a wee bit below the middle as opposed to completely flat.

I wish I had a digital camera of some sort as proof but I don't. I'm posting this because it might help bring out more information. I think I may have gotten a newer batch, but I really can't say for sure. When my Micro SD comes which should be either tomorrow or the next day, I'll try out AKAIO and default firmwares and post the results. I hope this helps at all.

EDIT/UPDATE

It's running AKAIO 1.5.1 without save issues in Elite Beat Agents. I haven't tested any other firmware or games yet but I'll edit again if something goes wrong. The differences between the hardware is still getting to me though. It's shares properties from both the bad flashcarts AND older, legit working 2.1s. The text on the chip is slightly different from the older carts too. It might be an older variety, or a new working batch. I just don't know and the curiousity is killing me. I don't know if this could be good news for Acekard 2.1s or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu