Hacking Acekard 2.1 freezes when writing .sav file

rosomack

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Endometriosis said:
It's running AKAIO 1.5.1 without save issues in Elite Beat Agents. I haven't tested any other firmware or games yet but I'll edit again if something goes wrong. The differences between the hardware is still getting to me though. It's shares properties from both the bad flashcarts AND older, legit working 2.1s. The text on the chip is slightly different from the older carts too. It might be an older variety, or a new working batch. I just don't know and the curiousity is killing me. I don't know if this could be good news for Acekard 2.1s or not.

Doesn't work here, mate. It hangs as soon as any application tries to save something. I hope it's a software issue (quite possible actually). Didn't they change the save system in software version 4.08? I'll look into changelogs on acekard's page later, I'll see what I can find.

Louisetje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just had my acekard 2.1 Today from cheaphardware.nl [ im dutch and that's a dutch store. ] but it won't work either. tried Akaio and the original 4.21 and my mind is going crazy as my R4SDHC card didn't work with saving either. im at the center of getting very angry. it won't save 9/10 of the games. Should i send it back, and get my money back for an aceKard2i or is that one crap too?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Louisetje said:
i just had my acekard 2.1 Today from cheaphardware.nl [ im dutch and that's a dutch store. ] but it won't work either. tried Akaio and the original 4.21 and my mind is going crazy as my R4SDHC card didn't work with saving either. im at the center of getting very angry. it won't save 9/10 of the games. Should i send it back, and get my money back for an aceKard2i or is that one crap too?

No the AK2i is fine and doesn't suffer from this issue. This save problem with the AK2.1 been well documented on here for almost 2 months. You really should have brought the 2i in the first place, It's what I did after seeing the isses others were having even though 3 were intended for DSL's.

Louisetje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tk_saturn said:
Louisetje said:

No the AK2i is fine and doesn't suffer from this issue. This save problem with the AK2.1 been well documented on here for almost 2 months. You really should have brought the 2i in the first place, It's what I did after seeing the isses others were having even though 3 were intended for DSL's.

Hmm that sucks. everyone told me i should get a 2.1. Ohwell, my mother and sister keeps telling me it's because of my ndsL. but that can't be the problem. Can it?

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
I got an AceKard2i from Nds-gear (which has a good reputation i believe?) after my last one broke on me. Anyway, it's having some of the problems mentioned here. For some reason i can't update cheats using wifi on the dsi. The saves weren't working on the newest loader, but when i went back to 1.5 it worked fine. And the loading times are a bit longer than they were for my last acekard.

I don't know whether to hold out for a new loader that will hopfully fix some of these issues, or send it back? I guess it plays games fine but i'm regretting not getting a different card now.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Louisetje said:
Hmm that sucks. everyone told me i should get a 2.1. Ohwell, my mother and sister keeps telling me it's because of my ndsL. but that can't be the problem. Can it?
No it's deffinately the AK2.1 which is the problem. The store you got it from will probably have lots going back, so they will know the score.

Send the card back for a refund, then get an AK2i.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Klarkykat said:
I got an AceKard2i from Nds-gear (which has a good reputation i believe?) after my last one broke on me. Anyway, it's having some of the problems mentioned here. For some reason i can't update cheats using wifi on the dsi. The saves weren't working on the newest loader, but when i went back to 1.5 it worked fine. And the loading times are a bit longer than they were for my last acekard.

I don't know whether to hold out for a new loader that will hopfully fix some of these issues, or send it back? I guess it plays games fine but i'm regretting not getting a different card now.

This issue isn't known to be effecting AK2i's. Those with these bad AK2.1's have been resorting to AKAIO 1.4.

Try a fresh install of AKAIO 1.5.1 on a freshly formatted SD card formatted with the Panasonic formatter. You don't need to use the loaders from the loader site as the AKAIO archive already has the latest loader included.

As for the cheats, they haven't been updated since December. You need to download the updated WiFi plugin which can update from tempDB instead. However this updated plugin white screens when it reboots after the update, which isn't a big deal.

You might want to check the card doesn't have a window in the middle such as those on the Acekard site, but I doubt that's your problem.

Louisetje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tk_saturn said:
Louisetje said:
No it's deffinately the AK2.1 which is the problem. The store you got it from will probably have lots going back, so they will know the score.

Send the card back for a refund, then get an AK2i.

Bummer: They have software on it so i wanted to down it, but i don't know my login and now they are closed from today till 13 march. Damn. that's going to be waiting for a while.
unsure.gif

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
This issue isn't known to be effecting AK2i's. Those with these bad AK2.1's have been resorting to AKAIO 1.4.

Try a fresh install of AKAIO 1.5.1 on a freshly formatted SD card formatted with the Panasonic formatter. You don't need to use the loaders from the loader site as the AKAIO archive already has the latest loader included.

As for the cheats, they haven't been updated since December. You need to download the updated WiFi plugin which can update from tempDB instead. However this updated plugin white screens when it reboots after the update, which isn't a big deal.

You might want to check the card doesn't have a window in the middle such as those on the Acekard site, but I doubt that's your problem.

Oh great. Formatting it with the panasonic formatter definitely helped. But for some reason it keeps making new save files in spirit tracks instead of using the one i used before.

Is there anyway around this?

EDIT: Oh nevermind. I just changed the save type to 512kb. Works fine. Thanks a million!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Klarkykat said:
Oh great. Formatting it definitely helped. But for some reason it keeps making new save files in spirit tracks instead of using the one i used before.

Is there anyway around this?

I believe you said you were using AKAIO 1.5, that's where your problem lies. AKAIO 1.5.1 changed the save file size to address problems later in game.

QUOTEZelda now defaults to the required 1MB (If your using a 512KB save you will need to start again because the save file is corrupt, Alternatively you can manually set the save size back to 512KB and continue but it will cause problems later into the game).

There's a thread on how to convert your save from AKAIO 1.5 to 1MB so you can use it with AKAIO 1.5.1 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=201998

Louisetje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well they gave me a software. but it was the one before. So.. im going to send the Acekard 2.1 back and get the 2i i think. that one better not has problems or it's the third one then.

Thanks for helping me out guys.

Shikabob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody !!! (sorry for english)

I have acekard 2.1 and before I've problem to lauch yugioh 2010 patched. Firstly, when i'm using just akio 1.5.1, game working but no save, ds freezes (for all roms). If i'm taking official loader ak2, when i touch new game=freeze.
But i'm mule and I am just a little narrow-minded, I have persisted and fiddling with, that walks or rather that works!!!

before to do this, make a save of your microsd card.

First, tools :
-I've formated my card with Panasonic formatter, i don't know if it's indispensable to do.
-AKIO ver1.5.1 = put _aio and akmenu4.nds (630ko) on your microsd card.
-"Akmenu4" of official version 4.11 (685ko) to put to "ak2loader" which is in "_aio" data.
-The lastest update for loaders in "_aio" (ak2loaders.nds/akloader.nds/akploader.nds)
-files to put in data "plugin": dsmplay.ak4;lmp-ng.ak4;textview.ak4;wfplugin.ak4.

Put your microsd card in your Acekard and go to your ds.

On your ds choose a roms, press on the boutton Y, one more time Y (info roms) and you are in properties. Choose akmenu4 in "AK2 loader", slot 1 for "selection slot save" and activated for "correct download play". Then push A=ok, one more ok.

Normally, Roms work, we can save and this one is not corrupted.

Maybe for certain experts in programming or computing, this is not reliable but for me that works in 100 %.

lecture.gif
Don't forget, playing roms is bad.

sh00z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Guys i need your help... i want to send my "bad batch" acekard back to dealextreme, but i need photo of this error on DS, send me it in PM please... thanks for attention

ps: sorry for very poor english skillz

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
damn
sad.gif
, i should have read this post sooner, i tested 300 flashcard twice, so many hours and fingers wasted. At first i tested all acekard 2.1 with the worlds end with you and about 20% flashcard after enter the game give save creation error entering in a infinite loop of creating and deleting save file. after i received a customer email about game very slow and freeze. I tested all again previous good tested flashcards and still seems to works without freezing ds lite, but after i discovered that when entering game when clicking on continue it will give save error again, or as other games will freeze in the game processing.
i can confirm these bad batch flashcard works with software AceKard_2_v4.07a15_menu.zip .
software is avaible here
http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl....07a15_menu.zip

this bad batch are recent, of febraury !! maybe better don't buy any acekard 2.1 for now.

nb: forgot to say, it's pretty 100% of these last batch have this "defect"

midazolam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sh00z said:
Guys i need your help... i want to send my "bad batch" acekard back to dealextreme, but i need photo of this error on DS, send me it in PM please... thanks for attention

ps: sorry for very poor english skillz

Just use some random (acekard) picture. I did it and they sent me a new AK2i as replacement (had to pay a few $ extra). They didnt want my "faulty" AK2.1 back. Just describe your problem (and maybe add a link of this thread to your letter).

Heito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for my replacement from DX. They emailed me about..January 23rd saying they were going to send me a replacement which I haven't gotten. I don't mind as much since it was a cheap card and still plays nearly all games.

My question is can I play spirit tracks all the way through on this without it bugging out? (I'm using the "working" 4.07a15) I heard save issues happen later on and I don't want to spend hours playing just to lose my progress. Also do you know if newer games like the Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth work?

If they don't wants a good card to invest in? I like the Acekard but I'm worried now with these problems popping up.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth should work fine. It has no anti-piracy protection and it has a normal save file size.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heito said:
I'm still waiting for my replacement from DX. They emailed me about..January 23rd saying they were going to send me a replacement which I haven't gotten. I don't mind as much since it was a cheap card and still plays nearly all games.

My question is can I play spirit tracks all the way through on this without it bugging out? (I'm using the "working" 4.07a15) I heard save issues happen later on and I don't want to spend hours playing just to lose my progress. Also do you know if newer games like the Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth work?

If they don't wants a good card to invest in? I like the Acekard but I'm worried now with these problems popping up.

You don't want a replacement Acekard 2.1, all the replacements they have are from the same batch. Ask them for a credit and put that towards an Acekard 2i.

Heito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
You don't want a replacement Acekard 2.1, all the replacements they have are from the same batch. Ask them for a credit and put that towards an Acekard 2i.

Is my chance of getting a faulty cart much less with a Acekard 2i? I've done only a little research to be honest with you but I thought they were having a problem too? Is it safe to order one of those from DX or would you recommend another site?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: