ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

biznizz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reformatted, put new copies of Wood and a 43MB English Patched Rom into a Games folder, put the 6.2 updates into the __rpg folder and ran R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds with an Update Succeed.

Still won't play the ROM on either (admittedly recently upgraded 3DS, for Smash update) 3DS or regular DS. Should it not go in the __rpg folder? Thought that's what the readme meant by root folder.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Reformatted, put new copies of Wood and a 43MB English Patched Rom into a Games folder, put the 6.2 updates into the __rpg folder and ran R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds with an Update Succeed.

Still won't play the ROM on either (admittedly recently upgraded 3DS, for Smash update) 3DS or regular DS. Should it not go in the __rpg folder? Thought that's what the readme meant by root folder.
By the root folder it means the directory of the drive. The folder where the __rpg folder appears in. If possible make a ROMs folder and place the roms there.

biznizz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did that, with the patched ROM in another folder, used the NDSi patch and got another Update Succeed. Used the Home Button to re-enter the card, tried the game. Still stuck on white screens after it loads.

I am so sorry for bugging, but I've never used a card like this before and trying to get this work, I keep thinking I'm being a collossal dumbass for not being able to get this thing to work.

I've heard that the patched ROM works on other cards like the DSTwo (which is discontinued. Not holding my breath for the supposed DSTwo+...), so I got this R4i Gold.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did that, with the patched ROM in another folder, used the NDSi patch and got another Update Succeed. Used the Home Button to re-enter the card, tried the game. Still stuck on white screens after it loads.

I am so sorry for bugging, but I've never used a card like this before and trying to get this work, I keep thinking I'm being a collossal dumbass for not being able to get this thing to work.

I've heard that the patched ROM works on other cards like the DSTwo (which is discontinued. Not holding my breath for the supposed DSTwo+...), so I got this R4i Gold.
In the 3DS 6.2 Update archive there is a document which states that after updating, open the cart and cut a certain line. I never needed to do that since I don't use mine with the 3ds. You could try it though but before that, I reccomend testing out some other games.

biznizz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So added the ROM of a game I own, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors to my ROMs folder and..

it won't play and it's icon is a DS with a question mark on it. Oddly enough, the patched ROM has it's Edgeworth silluotte still. Same on both 3DS and reg DS.

So I have to open a file and cut out a certain line of code? Which line and how do I do so? The readme had no mention of that.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So added the ROM of a game I own, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors to my ROMs folder and..

it won't play and it's icon is a DS with a question mark on it. Oddly enough, the patched ROM has it's Edgeworth silluotte still. Same on both 3DS and reg DS.

So I have to open a file and cut out a certain line of code? Which line and how do I do so? The readme had no mention of that.
Perhaps you can change the save extensions to .sav since the cart's basic setting is .nds.sav. You can do this by running the cart and pressing start after it boots up and navigate to file system settings and set the sav extension to .sav. If that doesn't work I suggest returning the cart to where you got it and ask for a replacement.

biznizz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to make it NDS + SAV, and still nothing. Gonna follow your advice and try to send this back for a replacement. Thanks for all the help.

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone else having trouble with xdelta? I patched the original 1-5beta months ago just fine but for some reason nothing happens when I try to apply the new patch.

escarlatafox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,
I'm a little late to the party, but I only just started playing the Ace Attorney games at the very end of last year~! I signed up purely both to say thanks and to post a query about an issue I had, but the issue has been fixed, so I'd just like to say, thank you so much, the quality of this translation is breathtaking, honestly. I can't even begin to imagine the effort that must have gone into this, and I'm forever thankful that you have provided a means through which people like me can play this game. Thank you!

One thing I do wonder about, is when there is a joke that makes a popular culture reference, what the joke originally was in Japanese. There's an Attack on Titan reference, of course, but correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Attack on Titan was out yet when this game was released in Japan? The same goes for there being that Gangnam Style reference - referred to as "Red Raincoat Style" (in the first case). So I'm wondering, if the Japanese release predates Gangnam Style, then in the Japanese version, at the point where Gumshoe references it, what was he talking about in the original Japanese version? Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure there was also a My Little Pony reference - when Edgeworth is on the roof and examines that garden that has the unicorn with wings in it. Or maybe that was just coincidence and he also had similar dialogue in the original Japanese version?

In any case, I'm reeeeeally grateful for all of the effort put into this, I'm simply amazed by the quality of this translation. Thanks again! You deserve the best of luck in life!

Reactions: Pablitox
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hiya!

I'm a huge fan of the Ace Attorney series and when I found out there was an AAI2 english patch I jumped at this.
So, I successfully got a rom and patched it (using xDelta.) I verified that it works in DeSmuMe before dropping it onto my DSTT-ADV clone cart running patched YSMenu (from here), and I couldn't get it to work! I get a rom loading error -4 (meaning bad/incompatible rom, right?) So, I searched around a bit, and tried a whole bunch of stuff like:
  • Replacing my infolib.dat with the one you linked to - no change
  • Replacing my extinfo.dat with this one - no change
  • Using eNDryptS Advanced (your download link) - seemed to work? No change on cart.
  • Renaming the rom to cba_aamei (I read this worked somewhere) - no change
Oddly, I couldn't use the extra patch mentioned in the post (this one?) because xDelta complains about the input file not being right (target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT). I tried said patch on all the versions I had around (patched rom, encrypted rom, original rom, backup rom...) and none of it worked.

I know that I found out a little late but I'm hoping there's still someone around who can help.

Thanks!

IcyStorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, registered to ask this.

The unpatched ROM is about 65MB.
The beta patch gave me a ROM size of 69MB.
My friend says that v1 of the final patch gave him a ROM size of about 68MB.
The final v2 patch is giving me a ROM size of about 44MB. What's the deal here? I used save files of later cases to kinda see if they at least worked, and they seemed to at least run (though I didn't play beyond the first dialogue box for each because I'm still on the first case). Has everyone played through the game successfully with the 44MB ROM?

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay, registered to ask this.

The unpatched ROM is about 65MB.
The beta patch gave me a ROM size of 69MB.
My friend says that v1 of the final patch gave him a ROM size of about 68MB.
The final v2 patch is giving me a ROM size of about 44MB. What's the deal here? I used save files of later cases to kinda see if they at least worked, and they seemed to at least run (though I didn't play beyond the first dialogue box for each because I'm still on the first case). Has everyone played through the game successfully with the 44MB ROM?

V1 and v2 both should be about 44 megs. I've seen messages people completing v2 patch.

Beta patch actually crashed in case 3 intro, if you used desmume v 0.9.10.
Reason for crash was related to size of rom. So we basically needed to pack
some archives to make it smaller.

IcyStorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V1 and v2 both should be about 44 megs. I've seen messages people completing v2 patch.

Beta patch actually crashed in case 3 intro, if you used desmume v 0.9.10.
Reason for crash was related to size of rom. So we basically needed to pack
some archives to make it smaller.

Oh okay, that's good to know! Thanks for the reply. Odd that a friend of mine has a 68MB ROM or something with the first final patch though.

Rokkubro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya!

I'm a huge fan of the Ace Attorney series and when I found out there was an AAI2 english patch I jumped at this.
So, I successfully got a rom and patched it (using xDelta.) I verified that it works in DeSmuMe before dropping it onto my DSTT-ADV clone cart running patched YSMenu (from here), and I couldn't get it to work! I get a rom loading error -4 (meaning bad/incompatible rom, right?) So, I searched around a bit, and tried a whole bunch of stuff like:
  • Replacing my infolib.dat with the one you linked to - no change
  • Replacing my extinfo.dat with this one - no change
  • Using eNDryptS Advanced (your download link) - seemed to work? No change on cart.
  • Renaming the rom to cba_aamei (I read this worked somewhere) - no change
Oddly, I couldn't use the extra patch mentioned in the post (this one?) because xDelta complains about the input file not being right (target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT). I tried said patch on all the versions I had around (patched rom, encrypted rom, original rom, backup rom...) and none of it worked.

I know that I found out a little late but I'm hoping there's still someone around who can help.

Thanks!

See here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/page-149#post-5461742

BobPage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy. Thanks a lot for the translation. I just wanted to know how to actually patch it with Xdelta. I have the Xdelta GUI open and I select the .xdelta file and my rom, but clicking on patch doesn't produce a patched version of the rom.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Howdy. Thanks a lot for the translation. I just wanted to know how to actually patch it with Xdelta. I have the Xdelta GUI open and I select the .xdelta file and my rom, but clicking on patch doesn't produce a patched version of the rom.

You have to name your output rom first. Press ...

biznizz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY! :yaysp:

On advice from the R4 customer service guy I've been emailing, I decided to try to use another Micro-SD before sending the whole thing in. So I managed to find a nice, inexpensive (about $6, w/o shipping) 4 GB Micro-SD with an SD adapter. Put Wood and the patched ROM into it and.... SUCCESS!!!! It finally booted up!!! On both DS & 3DSXL!

I have no idea if the Micro-SD that the R4 people sent me was bad, or if it was all the fault of the surprisingly shoddily made USB-MicroSD adapter that screwed everything up, but at this point, I don't care.

Going to play the game; will report back for any future problems. No one's had the Case 3 intro Crash since the release of the final patch, right? Keeping my fingers crossed.

I just wanted to thank the team for all their hard work yet again, and I am looking forward to playing. Thinking about it, I actually might do the series in chronological order after a playthrough of AAI2, from AA1 to Dual Destinies and PLvsPW with the AAI games before AJ! This weekend will hopefully be great!

-Elegance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem getting the patch to work in English. The game plays, but all the text is in those weird üäü characters. I'm using no$GBA.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm having a problem getting the patch to work in English. The game plays, but all the text is in those weird üäü characters. I'm using no$GBA.
No$GBA definitely has this problem even if you're using the latest version, which is 2.8a. Switch to DeSmume

-Elegance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No$GBA definitely has this problem even if you're using the latest version, which is 2.8a. Switch to DeSmume

DeSmume gets it in English, but it runs poorly (slow and the music changes its tempo frequently). I played around with the settings to see if that would help, but I think it is too demanding of my PC. So there's really now way to fix that problem on No$GBA?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH