ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Started playing today, and I really like it so far! The only minor error so far is that Nicole Swiftler has Japanese brand names on her mugshot, but that's just nitpicking.

Nicole's mugshot(s) should have only english localisations, but mugshot is quite small, so it is not that readable.

diegowar

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've just finished playing through the game, and I came to give a great thank you to everyone involved in the project.

We're only in the beginning of February but I already know that playing this game will be one of the highlight of my year, and not having been able to play it would have been an eternal frustration, so I am eternally grateful to everyone that helped making this possible (and if there is anything I can help with in return, don't hesitate to ask).

The quality of translation was best described as professional, not even the tiniest thing could have detracted my attention, everything was perfect and the amount of work put into it really shows.

Again, I reiterate my warm thanks, and I insist again on how much this meant to me, thank you.

Reactions: hackotedelaplaqu

SuperDawsome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I might sound like an idiot, but I really want to play this game.I am a huge fan of the ace attorney games, and I have beaten every one of them... except for prosecutor's path.
I have no idea how to use beat or xdelta files on desmume. Could someone tell me how I can play beat and xdelta files? Thank you.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So, I might sound like an idiot, but I really want to play this game.I am a huge fan of the ace attorney games, and I have beaten every one of them... except for prosecutor's path.
I have no idea how to use beat or xdelta files on desmume. Could someone tell me how I can play beat and xdelta files? Thank you.

You really should read readme that came with patch. Or first post of this thread.

ImperfectXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished the game literally minutes ago, and I could not have had more of a blast playing. My heartfelt thanks and applause to everyone who helped make this project a reality. :bow:

melta1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This translation (and the game obviously) are great, just one bug report to make though:
Using a SuperCard DSTWO none of the voice commands work and this also makes solving the fingerprint analysis in case 5 uncompletable (cannot blow the dust away using the mike). I had to use the translation's officially provided saves, clear that part in an emulator (DesMume) and then use a savegame converter (NDS Save Converter 2.5) to continue past this bit. The whole (fantastic) game is otherwise fully finishable, great job!

SuperDawsome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me cut to the chase, I got the patch working and I have beat the first 2 cases. It's amazing. I'm super excited to do the next case, case 3, but... it won't work.

I watch the cinematic about catherine hawke or something, and when the shot where the camera zooms away from the tv screen, the game crashes. I've reset the game many times, I used the gk2 save files, I turned off the dynamic recompiler, but if just keeps crashing.

The first time I started case 3, the cinematic was going fine, until it got to the middle, there was a ear piercing static noise. I practically tore my headphones off when I heard it. Luckily that didn't happen again.

I really need help. If anyone knows of a solution please reply.

Also I found this strange glitch(?) while I was screwing around with the menus.
AAI2patched_53_23058.png

btw the emulator I use is desmume.

Attachments

• AAI2patched_53_23058.png
    AAI2patched_53_23058.png
    11 KB · Views: 153

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me cut to the chase, I got the patch working and I have beat the first 2 cases. It's amazing. I'm super excited to do the next case, case 3, but... it won't work.

I watch the cinematic about catherine hawke or something, and when the shot where the camera zooms away from the tv screen, the game crashes. I've reset the game many times, I used the gk2 save files, I turned off the dynamic recompiler, but if just keeps crashing.

The first time I started case 3, the cinematic was going fine, until it got to the middle, there was a ear piercing static noise. I practically tore my headphones off when I heard it. Luckily that didn't happen again.

I really need help. If anyone knows of a solution please reply.

btw the emulator I use is desmume.

From the first post:

d) Using Desmune version 0.9.10 seem to make make many screen go to black. Because this bug
only happens in this version of Desmune, I believe it’s emulator related and we can not
do anything. So play it in version 0.9.9.

READ PEOPLE, READ.

animegirl1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having problems, you have to use DraStic but only the most recent one due to problems in the not-most recent version. It said that in the main post and many other times through here

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Been away a while because busy and interested in other things than translations.
Mrichston contacted some weeks ago and gave me a patch that should solve the black screen problems.
I never tested it and i don't know if it works for real so feedbacks are as always welcome from all flashcards/emulators.
Sadly it seems that we still not have the empty text box problem solved as i wished for the "final" patch but I will release this final patch probably this weekend.
For those who want to ask already about the "final final" patch, I say don't wait for it!
For me the project is closed and will not be updated anymore so it's the last patch for this project.
The only thing that would make me update to a "final final" patch would be if somebody from another translation (or any programmer) find a fix to the black text box issue.

Reactions: Lycan911

melta1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been away a while because busy and interested in other things than translations.
Mrichston contacted some weeks ago and gave me a patch that should solve the black screen problems.
I never tested it and i don't know if it works for real so feedbacks are as always welcome from all flashcards/emulators.
Sadly it seems that we still not have the empty text box problem solved as i wished for the "final" patch but I will release this final patch probably this weekend.
For those who want to ask already about the "final final" patch, I say don't wait for it!
For me the project is closed and will not be updated anymore so it's the last patch for this project.
The only thing that would make me update to a "final final" patch would be if somebody from another translation (or any programmer) find a fix to the black text box issue.

Any hope for a microphone fix? On DSTWO one of the final puzzles cannot be cleared currently because of it.

animegirl1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also... since I am using a kindle fire and the Amazon AppStore does not have the DraStic DS Emulator, when I get to the black screen.. am I screwed since I cannot get the emulator to work unless it is a certain patched version

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sorry guys if i am a bit late but here we go: the final version is out.
Thanks a lot to Mrichston for his work in this last view months with naturally all those who helped him.
Enjoy the game!

thank you for the project

i need to ask, whats the diference between this one (japanese) and the US one?

nevermind, i realized this is the 2nd miles edgeworth game which doesn't exist outside of japan

thank you, i will add this game to my list

i had been playing the ace attorney series for the past weeks

Reactions: Lycan911

melta1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The microphone works fine on the DSTwo for me with this game. Are you using a 3DS or something?
That is correct, DSTWO on 3DS, maybe it has something to do with how ASM is executed via the DSTWO. Seeing as how the final patch release is done now, maybe that fixes it (given that mic issues were one of the reported bugs in the previous release notes).

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That is correct, DSTWO on 3DS, maybe it has something to do with how ASM is executed via the DSTWO. Seeing as how the final patch release is done now, maybe that fixes it (given that mic issues were one of the reported bugs in the previous release notes).

Only major bug that was I know is fixed is black screen/case 3 intro problem. Althought I don't have dstwo,
so I can't say if things Hacko did affected mic problem.

I think he also means other minor bugs too. Fixing bugs
is not easy. We didn't program this game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys if i am a bit late but here we go: the final version is out.
Thanks a lot to Mrichston for his work in this last view months with naturally all those who helped him.
Enjoy the game!

"the game runs fine without any known issues in version 0.9.9 apart those descrived in 5)
For version 0.9.10 check “Know Issues”

Btw this is old information. Game runs fine with 0.9.10 version of desmume too.

melta1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, concerning my microphone problem, little (big) update:
It looks like the microphone does not work on DSTWO with a 3DS XL (I do remember it working but I may be wrong), tested project rub and no dice, quite sad really. If anyone knows of a fix/has not encountered this problem please contribute.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS XL, and a DSTWO, and it does work fine.

There's this little spec area in the lower right of the bottom screen that says MIC. Blow on that area. Not underneath it or holding it up and trying to blow at a hole where the DS had their mic, but on top of the word 'MIC'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile. But yea it was about knowing Wood.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Could've just wrote down firewood