Ace Attorney 5 and Ace Attorney HD Collection Announced

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
If I recall correctly, they said that GS5 will be the second and last game centered around Apollo Justice at some point in an interview (much to fans' dismay). Although it may have changed, I remember them confirming that... Also

max-toss2.gif

what? no trilogy for Apollo? why the hate?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I recall correctly, they said that GS5 will be the second and last game centered around Apollo Justice at some point in an interview (much to fans' dismay). Although it may have changed, I remember them confirming that... Also

max-toss2.gif

what? no trilogy for Apollo? why the hate?

The hate is because he isn't Phoenix...

D

Deleted User

One of the best point and click adventure games in the history of gaming, about time number 5, too bad we wont get to play it for another year.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reserving this spot for a full translation of the two sources linked in the OP.

*UPDATE*
Finished the translations :ninja:

Dengeki

Today on January 29th at Mel Park Hall, Tokyo, Capcom held a "Phoenix Wright Special Courtroom" event to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Phoenix Wright series. There, it was revealed that the latest title in the series, Phoenix Wright 5, is in production.

This information was announced in a video that was played at the end of the Phoenix Wright 10th Anniversary Special Courtroom public event. At present, no information regarding the release date, platform, or game contents has been revealed. We are looking forward to further information.

In addition, it was revealed that Phoenix Wright 123HD ~The Phoenix Wright Chronicles~ will be released as an upcoming iOS app. This app will be an updated version of Phoenix Wright for the iPhone/iPod Touch. A detailed report covering this event will soon be published, so stay tuned.

Famitsu

● Platform, Release Date, etc. Yet Unknown

On January 29th, 2012 (Sun), at Mel Park Hall in Tokyo, Minato-ku, Capcom held the "Phoenix Wright 10th Anniversary Special Courtroom" event to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Phoenix Wright series. At this event, an astonishing announcement confirmed that the latest entry into the Phoenix Wright series, Phoenix Wright 5, was in production. At present the platform, release date, etc. are unknown.

Detailed report of this event to be released, so stay tuned.

Phoenix Wright 123HD ~The Phoenix Wright Chronicles~ Confirmed for iPhone and iPad

Also, it has been confirmed that the first three entries in the series chronicling the events of rookie attorney Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations will be combined into one pack and released as an iOS app called Phoenix Wright 123HD ~The Phoenix Wright Chronicles~ for iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod Touch 3rd/4th, and iPad/iPad2.

Below is an excerpt of the release.

An HD remastering of the original!
Phoenix Wright for the extremely popular iOS platform. The saga of rookie attorney Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations will be combined into one pack and released as Phoenix Wright 123HD ~The Phoenix Wright Chronicles~ for iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod Touch 3rd/4th, and iPad/iPad2. Every courtroom battle with its unique characters is a must-see! Find discrepancies in the witness' lies or prove their innocence! Soon to be released! There are also plans for an Android version.

※Regarding compatible platforms, please be advised that Phoenix Wright 123HD cannot be played on devices that are incompatible with iOS 5.0.

Important information regarding Phoenix Wright 123HD
Soon-to-be-released Phoenix Wright 123HD is the updated version of the already-released Phoenix Wright app for iPhone/iPod Touch. With this current version, if you have already purchased it, you will be able to play Phoenix Wright 123HD. In accordance with this change, some sections of the tems of use have also been revised.

・To play the updated version, iOS 5.0 and above is required. Cannot be played or updated on devices incompatible with iOS 5.0. Incompatible devices are any iPhone 3G / iPod Touch models before the 2nd generation.

・With regard to iOS 5.0-incompatible devices, as long as this app isn't deleted from the device, you may still continue to play the add-ons that you have already purchased. Please be advised that once deleted from your device, you will not be able to re-download it.

※Regarding iPod Touch 2nd/3rd generation app validation methods, if the model number on the back of your device says "A1288," this indicates a 2nd generation model. The number "A1318" denotes a 3rd generation model. Please see the details on the Apple official website.

-Translated by Densetsu for GBAtemp.

So if you have access to the Japanese App Store and you purchase the already-available Gyakuten Saiban app, that app will be updated to become the new Gyakuten Saiban 123HD.

Reactions: 10 people

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a love/hate relationship with the Ace Attorney series:

- The first was good.
- The second was meh.
- The third was excellent.
- Apollo was really meh.
- The AAI games are a far cry from what I've learned to appreciate. Didn't like the first at all. Don't care if the second is ever translated, since I won't play it.

As much as I would loooove to see the next game on the DS, I doubt it will happen, unless they graciously make two versions or something. With how well the 3DS has been doing, there is little point to even attempt to appeal to the DS market too. Then again, the DS market is effing gigantic, still. I figure it will definitely find its way onto the 3DS, since the touchscreen is what makes the game, and the 3DS is, you know, the 3DS. Then again, with where smartphones have made it, I wouldn't be too surprised if they made it for iOS instead (sorry Android, but as great as you are, you aren't super developer friendly for games and such due to the variation), or made a dual release for iOS and 3DS. As much as I hate it, developers are really starting to lean towards the smart phone industry, and iOS has proven to be the easiest to work with to date. I love you Android, but dem kinks are hard to work out.

I don't really know where they want to take the series either. That will probably be the big thing that determines where the title ends up. They may want to keep it mostly the same, graphically anyways, and will be able to put it wherever they see fit. On the other hand, they may give the series an overhaul in terms of everything but the core game play, making it so it has to be on one device or another to work. I'll just wait for the announcement and see what happens.

SolidMario7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so happy...but I REALLY hope this doesn't end up like AAI2. Not saying that it won't ever come, but it's been a long time coming. :sleep: But for now I will be content that another ace attorney game will be in existence. ^_^

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
F*ck yeah! Finally!
The only question remaining is; will it feature Phoenix or Apollo as the main character?
I really hope they listen to the fans and put Wright back in the spotlight!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So apparently, if you have access to the Japanese App Store and you purchased a previously released Gyakuten Saiban app, that app has been updated to become the new Gyakuten Saiban 123HD. In other words, it's already out :O
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPCOM I LOVE YOU if you update the english app

Reactions: 1 person

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
YES. I NOW LOVE YOU CAPCOM. AND I LOVE MY IPHONE EVEN MORE

*runs to Japanese AppStore*

EDIT: Nope, there's still only the normal PW on there :( Looks they haven't updated it yet.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
YES. I NOW LOVE YOU CAPCOM. AND I LOVE MY IPHONE EVEN MORE

*runs to Japanese AppStore*

EDIT: Nope, there's still only the normal PW on there :( Looks they haven't updated it yet.
It looks like you can only play it if you've already purchased the regular version. Not sure if it's to reward people who bought the regular version a long time ago. Maybe it is, I don't know.

At any rate, I'll check the Japanese article again and make sure I translated that correctly.

*EDIT*

Soon-to-be-released Phoenix Wright 123HD is the updated version of the already-released Phoenix Wright app for the iPhone/iPod Touch. With the current version, if you've already purchased it, you will be able to play Phoenix Wright 123HD. Accordingly, parts of the terms of use for this app have been revised.

Sorry, I missed the "近日配信" part in the very beginning of that paragraph. The problem with Japanese is that it doesn't make any distinction between present-tense and future-tense, so if you miss even a single word, you can end up translating the entire paragraph wrong.

Example: "Watashi wa tabemasu" can mean "I eat" or "I will eat," depending on context.

Anyway the translation above is correct now. It's not out yet. Sorry for the false alarm :shy:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/qPyo4Z5fFqU?si=qWH13C1sbnF35lvm