Hacking Accidentally upgrade from 7.2 to 10.7, downgrade with sysNAND backup?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Once you sort out an entry point into homebrew": My best option would be ZeldaOoT Jap Ver+Powersaves right? There is some good tutorial out there explaining how to do it? Thanks!
I'd say, if you can afford it, go with Cubic Ninja (Ninjhax). The cheaper solution could be/is Zelda OoT + Powersaves.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I suppose Zelda + Powersaves is the way to go in this scenario. But, Ninjhax is a standalone exploit, meaning it relies on nothing. So if something changes it's more convenient to use Ninjhax. Just my two cents, however.

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with you there. I personally own and use Cubic Ninja to run HBL every single time I need to exploit a console.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say, if you can afford it, go with Cubic Ninja (Ninjhax). The cheaper solution could be/is Zelda OoT + Powersaves.

Perhaps you missed the part where he could get a brand new 3DS for what Cubic Ninja costs? Don't you think spending the equivalent of $165 USD (18,800 yen) is a bit much for that?

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
!

Sure man that would be awesome! Can you tell me your email adress?
I'll let you know as soon as I've received my Zelda OoT+Powersaves (buyed it from Amazon Japan)

Thanks!
ah, if you already got ahold of them I think you'll be alright on your own...
I just meant I could have either prepped an oot cart for you without powersaves with my 3ds or lend you mine ^^
if anything comes up just PM me though :)

Reactions: SquallAdv

SquallAdv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
ah, if you already got ahold of them I think you'll be alright on your own...
I just meant I could have either prepped an oot cart for you without powersaves with my 3ds or lend you mine ^^
if anything comes up just PM me though :)

True, PM is a better option indeed. But yeah, bad luck for me, I've already payed for ZeldaOoT+Powersaves... :wink:
The hero appears too late to save the poor guy (?)

Well, maybe it could come in handy later? At least let me tell that to myself lol

I'll let you know if anything comes up, thanks again!

Last edited by SquallAdv,

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you missed the part where he could get a brand new 3DS for what Cubic Ninja costs? Don't you think spending the equivalent of $165 USD (18,800 yen) is a bit much for that?
I went looking, and I found a (without shipping) $70 copy, but I believe it's worth it. Do what you want, i'm indifferent to everyone's actions, just giving what I believe to be good advice!

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I went looking, and I found a (without shipping) $70 copy, but I believe it's worth it. Do what you want, i'm indifferent to everyone's actions, just giving what I believe to be good advice!
Hi, I've had a similar problem in the past, and the best way was a "Hardware NAND Restore", I got a lot of help from GBATEMP users and it worked, the hardest for me was the CLK soldering, but I got a standard O3DS, and O3DS XL CLK is much easy to solder. The most impotent things are:
1. A "MMC" SD CARD reader.
2. Wires as short as possible, and they can't be soldiered to the SD ADAPTER directly, there has to be a connector in between (That was my biggest overlook, but after I cut the wires and did that connector, it connected and I restored, my NAND).
3. After launching "win32diskimager" DON'T PRESS FORMAT DISK!
Here are some links:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds-xl.350668/
https://www.reboot.ms/forum/threads...3ds-xl-nand-dump-ripristino-via-hardware.207/

Good luck:yay:

Last edited by tomx86,

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've had a similar problem in the past, and the best way was a "Hardware NAND Restore", I got a lot of help from GBATEMP users and it worked, the hardest for me was the CLK soldering, but I got a standard O3DS, and O3DS XL CLK is much easy to solder. The most impotent things are:
1. A "MMC" SD CARD reader.
2. Cables as short ass possible, and they can't be soldiered to the SD ADAPTER directly, there has to be a connector in between (That was my biggest overlook, but after I cut the wires and did that connector, it connected and I restored, my NAND).
3. After launching "win32diskimager" DON'T PRESS FORMAT DISK!
Here are some links:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds-xl.350668/
https://www.reboot.ms/forum/threads...3ds-xl-nand-dump-ripristino-via-hardware.207/

Good luck:yay:

Yeah, I'll have to do that, as I've bricked two 3ds's, but there's still one remaining! By the way, I contacted hundshamer but he never got back to me.....
Also, here's a quote from your post:
2. Cables as short ass possible
Might want to edit that!

Reactions: Blue

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, I'll have to do that, as I've bricked two 3ds's, but there's still one remaining! By the way, I contacted hundshamer but he never got back to me.....
Well if you don't fave a backup of those two bricked 3ds's NAND.BIN files, then maybe hundshamer can help you, but if you do and have a Solder Iron then try it yourself, it's cheeper and faster that way.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Keep in mind the OP is in Japan and thus would need a Japanese copy of the game. Which is extremely rare since most people in Japan just got the digital version from the eShop, thus the part about it costing as much as a new 3ds, though I found a Japanese copy for around $130 on Amazon.

Also, with no credit card that means no online ordering and you can bet the Akihabara shops will be selling it at a huge premium.

Last edited by nl255,
Reactions: SquallAdv

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: That boi burning up, gonna melt those snowflakes.