Hacking Accidentally upgrade from 7.2 to 10.7, downgrade with sysNAND backup?

SquallAdv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
It worked with cardids_c2fe009000000000 folder's last file! Thanks a lot really!! :bow:

One question, if I use slot 2 I could play the game normally? Or I should not touch nothing at all? (Either way I could play CIA version np)

Also, I have some doubts of how to proceed from here. The user @wurstpistole said on this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-the-new-3ds-as-compatible-with-rxtools-as-the-old-3ds.421520/

There's virtually no reason to use rxtools anymore. Reinand, AuReiNand and even cakes are superior now. The time of rxtools is over, they just weren't keeping up with the really important things.

Personally I use reinand. It now has every feature you'd want and all bugs fixed and also works on o3ds now.

So, nowadays it's better to install ReiNand over rxTools? Even using a o3DS?

Thanks again!

Last edited by SquallAdv,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
It worked with cardids_c2fe009000000000 folder's last file! Thanks a lot really!! :bow:

One question, if I use slot 2 I could play the game normally? Or I should not touch nothing at all? (Either way I could play CIA version np)

Also, I have some doubts of how to proceed from here. The user @wurstpistole said on this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-the-new-3ds-as-compatible-with-rxtools-as-the-old-3ds.421520/

So, nowadays it's better to install ReiNand over rxTools? Even using a o3DS?

Thanks again!
I think the save file modified is too big to let you have another save.

And yes, you should install aureinand or reinand instead of rxtools

Glad it worked!

Reactions: SquallAdv

SquallAdv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
If it doesn't work, try this one instead https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases/tag/03-01-16

(More recent, it has the exact version you're looking for)
I think the save file modified is too big to let you have another save.

And yes, you should install aureinand or reinand instead of rxtools

Glad it worked!

Thanks!:D

You think I should make the process again to match my exact name file? It would make it more stable or something or it's the same?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!:D

You think I should make the process again to match my exact name file? It would make it more stable or something or it's the same?
I think with the newer version you can use the *2.6 homebrew version, that has some enhances.

If for some reason does not work, you can always revert the changes :P

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Roger that!

You know the advantages and disadvantages of aureinand vs reinand? (Using a o3DS)
I'm not sure, but I think Aureinand is a little better. I think it added o3ds support before reinand, but now they're very similar

SquallAdv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
I'm not sure, but I think Aureinand is a little better. I think it added o3ds support before reinand, but now they're very similar

Mmm, I will try to be more specific. Aside of cia's I'm most interested in these things:

- Not needing a connection to access emuNand (is it possible to emuNand autoboot with Aureinand?)
- GBA compatible & region free
- The more simple to install the better, as you can see I'm super noob with cfw stuff :P
- Custom themes? Not that important, but would be nice.

Thanks!

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmm, I will try to be more specific. Aside of cia's I'm most interested in these things:

- Not needing a connection to access emuNand (is it possible to emuNand autoboot with Aureinand?)
- GBA compatible & region free
- The more simple to install the better, as you can see I'm super noob with cfw stuff :P
- Custom themes? Not that important, but would be nice.

Thanks!
Both cfw have these features but from what I've heard, aureinand is better for gba games

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
We have a winner then, thanks for helping me!

If you want to keep things simple though then there is a great Rx tools tutorial on this website. I used it yesterday and it did the job perfectly and was easy to follow.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is that so?

Thing is when I insert the Zelda OoT JPN cartridge on US Powersaves I don't see any readable characters, just □□□□□□□□□□□□□□.

BKNLLmA.jpg

7nqDtAS.jpg
50vriFf.jpg
JT1DfeL.jpg

Now that you say it I can still press the backup button for my save.
I'm not an expert at all with cfw stuff, maybe I could make it work anyhow?

KnCcPIa.jpg

By the way thanks for not giving up on me! ;)

The reason for those squares is that it is a non Unicode program. If you changed you windows settings for non Unicode then the Japanese characters would be readable.

Glad you got it working though. I have to admit that I panicked as well when I found out that powersaves has a slight region lock but just tried it anyway. It then dawned on me that if you use the software for its intended purpose then a region lock makes sense because otherwise you could write out of region saves to the cart and the save wouldn't load. Codejunkies were probably just trying to avoid extra work being pushed at their support department.

SquallAdv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
If you want to keep things simple though then there is a great Rx tools tutorial on this website. I used it yesterday and it did the job perfectly and was easy to follow.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The reason for those squares is that it is a non Unicode program. If you changed you windows settings for non Unicode then the Japanese characters would be readable.

Glad you got it working though. I have to admit that I panicked as well when I found out that powersaves has a slight region lock but just tried it anyway. It then dawned on me that if you use the software for its intended purpose then a region lock makes sense because otherwise you could write out of region saves to the cart and the save wouldn't load. Codejunkies were probably just trying to avoid extra work being pushed at their support department.

True story, the region lock makes sense. Oh and thank you very much back then for resurrecting my post with your comment, I was just considering spending another $60~$70 on Cyber Save Editor... You saved me at the last second!:wink:

By the way, are you refering to this rxTools tutorial? (there are a lot of them out there) https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ If not, can you please show me the link?

I was surprised when I found out (just now) that you can't homebrew using OoT3Dhax while using 9.2 firm (I just made a 9.2 downgrade from 10.7).
After installing rxTools with browserhax method then if I want to autoboot emuNand without needing internet connection I should use menuhax right?

Thanks!

Last edited by SquallAdv,

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
True story, the region lock makes sense. Oh and thank you very much back then for resurrecting my post with your comment, I was just considering spending another $60~$70 on Cyber Save Editor... You saved me at the last second!:wink:

By the way, are you refering to this rxTools tutorial? (there are a lot of them out there) https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ If not, can you please show me the link?

I was surprised when I found out (just now) that you can't homebrew using OoT3Dhax while using 9.2 firm (I just made a 9.2 downgrade from 10.7).
After installing rxTools with browserhax method then if I want to autoboot emuNand without needing internet connection I should use menuhax right?

Thanks!

Yes thats the one and the OP responds to any questions regularly. If you're looking for a quick and easy solution then that tutorial works.

stevie187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this guys my Autistic daughter shes only 3 bless updated her 2ds to 10.7.32E (my fault I though I had barred all the update endpoints on the router) now I'm looking to downgrade, cheapest is hardware mod i'm pretty handy with a soldering iron so this possible. However the lazy side of me says I can get zelda OOT from amazon by tomorrow so I will probably do that. I have another 2DS that boots up menuhax straight into rxtools. Can I use this 2ds to load the exploit or does it need to be done on the 2ds that runs the exploit? also is there any good tutorials? Can I load the homebrew from rxtools?

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thanks for this guys my Autistic daughter shes only 3 bless updated her 2ds to 10.7.32E (my fault I though I had barred all the update endpoints on the router) now I'm looking to downgrade, cheapest is hardware mod i'm pretty handy with a soldering iron so this possible. However the lazy side of me says I can get zelda OOT from amazon by tomorrow so I will probably do that. I have another 2DS that boots up menuhax straight into rxtools. Can I use this 2ds to load the exploit or does it need to be done on the 2ds that runs the exploit? also is there any good tutorials? Can I load the homebrew from rxtools?

You can use your other CFW 2DS to write the OOTHax save to the cart but you are going to need the Zelda cart.

How did your daughter get into sysnand in the first place though?

stevie187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because like an idiot I only put menuhax on her older sisters 2ds but because it would crash like 1 in 3 launches I thought it would confuse her.....stupid really I just left the rxtool browser to launch. I had added a whole list of nintendo update servers to my router tho to stop it potentially updating but for some reason it still got through. This time I will install menuhax tho......

Yeah realise I have to buy Zelda thats not a problem, so its OOTHAX through homebrew? I have to launch another exploit on the CFW 2ds to run homebrew though right?

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
noticed there is a cia for hoembrew also, but just renaming my boot3dsx for now.....

If that's a console being used by a kid then I would keep any potential risky apps (e.g. HB, FBI, BigBlue) to a minimum. Obviously you need a CIA installer but the less access that user has to the machine, the better really.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
If that's a console being used by a kid then I would keep any potential risky apps (e.g. HB, FBI, BigBlue) to a minimum. Obviously you need a CIA installer but the less access that user has to the machine, the better really.
Also set up menuhax autoboot and change the cancel series to a really obscure key combo, and set up tubehax DNS on sysnand to block updates.

Reactions: BloodRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-