Accidentally upgrade from 7.2 to 10.7, downgrade with sysNAND backup?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SquallAdv, Mar 28, 2016.

1. SquallAdv
    OP

SquallAdv Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2016
    Osaka
    Hi there! I'm going through hell with all this rxTools stuff... Question is, I accidentally upgraded my sysNAND from 7.2 to 10.7 using a japanese o3DS XL (LL). I still have my backup of 7.2.0-12 SysNAND, is there some way to going back to 7.2 firm? (9.2 is what I'm truly aiming for of course) I know something about using Zelda OoT, but you need two 3DS's right? Nobody in Japan would lend me a 3DS for that, and their 3DS firm are 99% of the time upgraded to last version. Also heard something about Powersave Action Replay, but don't know how it works, if it works. And yeah there's also Cubic Ninja?, a game with magically the same price as a new 3DS! ^^

I don't know what to do anymore... Thank you very much for your help!

Edit: Mamma mia... Still some problems for me! This time trying to use Powersaves on my japanese copy of Zelda OoT, thing is Datel Japan is closing, and is not longing supporting Powersaves in Japan, so I have some Powersaves soft (US) region problems detecting my Zelda OoT (J) copy, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006237 | https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonPlaza/comments/2f9p7n/japanese_powersaves/

Looking at this http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/69081951 I wonder if that 'Cyber Save Editor' would work? http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00LBSLQ...lid=3CRL2SOQVE6WX&coliid=I3PRFCLODTKHS7&psc=1

:ph34r::ninja:
    [​IMG]

Even if it works, it costs more than two times the price of Powersaves, plus I already bought Powersaves...:(

Edit 2: Powersaves US works with JPN Zelda OoT3D, can't access cheat codes but you can do what really matters: backup your save file and hax it to access homebrew.

Last edited by SquallAdv, Apr 3, 2016

2. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    You only need 2 3DS's for OOTHAX if one is on CFW, Your Best bet is to get OOT + POWERSAVES (you use powersaves to make OOTHAX instead of another hacked 3ds) and Downgrade your 3DS from 10.7 to 9.2.

Or you can buy the older version of the Sky3DS and run Cubic ninja from it also

SquallAdv likes this.
  3. astronautlevel

astronautlevel But he's a guy

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    You won't be able to restore a NAND backup on 10.7 though, even with homebrew, so just downgrade to 9.2 using Sysupdater and continue from there.

SquallAdv likes this.
  4. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    You really think so? NAND port/mod. Which means unlimited downgrades as long as user saves the previous NAND file

5. SquallAdv
    OP

SquallAdv Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2016
    Osaka
    Thanks a lot for your quick answer! Sky3DS would be a nice option, but it's impossible to get one here in Japan, also I don't use credit card so I can't import it.

So, there's no problem using a japanese version of Zelda OoT? USA version will not work because of region lock right? Also, could you please explain me how I could use Powersaves + Zelda OoT? I don't know how Powersaves really works, first time I heard about it was yesterday. And as you can see I'm not an expert at all doing this hack stuff ;)

Thank you very much!

6. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    This is assuming OP doesn't want a hardmod, which isn't needed right now given that we have arm11 kernel on the latest FW.

dg_dex likes this.
  7. SquallAdv
    OP

SquallAdv Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2016
    Osaka
    Is that easy then? But how I could use Sysupdater with my actual 10.7 firm? Can you please explain me with more detail?

Thanks!

8. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Once you get into 10.7 homebrew (using OOT3DSHax or Cubic Ninja), you can load sysupdater and downgrade from there. There's a link to the guide on how to do so in my signature, it explains everything in astounding detail.

9. dg_dex

dg_dex GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    Exactly. There's no need to cause problematic hardware shorts and what not if the OP can get out of this mess by just utilizing software and hacks we already have at our disposal. A hard mod is nice, but not generally recommended as a first option.

astronautlevel likes this.
  10. Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    Once you sort out an entry point into homebrew, download the file I've attached to this post and use it do downgrade to 9.2 (can't provide the downgrade pack, find it on that ISO site). From there, download the Decrypt9WIP build attached to this post, set it up however you'd like, then use it to restore your NAND backup.

Attached Files:

SquallAdv likes this.
  11. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    If his eventual goal was 9.2, there's no point in restoring a NAND backup :)

12. Logan Pockrus

Logan Pockrus Knawledge is key.

Jan 1, 2016
    United States
    True, I neglected that part. If I were him, I'd be worrying about getting back to my exact position before anything else, so I went ahead and added that part.

13. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    OP, do you have a DS lite or phat and a flashcard? Those can be used to write the OOT3dhax save on a JPN Zelda cart.

If not, try the Powersaves + Zelda combo. It isn't difficult to use, you just need a windows/mac PC.

SquallAdv and ihaveamac like this.
  14. SquallAdv
    OP

SquallAdv Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2016
    Osaka
    "Once you sort out an entry point into homebrew": My best option would be ZeldaOoT Jap Ver+Powersaves right? There is some good tutorial out there explaining how to do it? Thanks!

15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    If you have a hard mod, you should be able to restore your NAND. Otherwise, you need to use an entrypoint like OoT or Cubic Ninja, then downgrade and use Decrypt9 to restore your system.

16. SquallAdv
    OP

SquallAdv Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2016
    Osaka
    I don't have a DS lite, but I have a DSi LL, it could work?

17. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Nope, sorry.

18. SquallAdv
    OP

SquallAdv Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2016
    Osaka
    Ok, I'm thinking of using Zelda Oot+Powersaves method then. Sorry for asking this but, for a japanese o3DS I should buy a japanese copy of OoT right? I assume it works just the same as the USA version?

Thanks!!

19. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Yes, game and system region need to match. The game cannot boot otherwise.

SquallAdv and astronautlevel like this.
  20. SquallAdv
    OP

SquallAdv Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2016
    Osaka
    Ok, I will bet for that combo then, Zelda OoT (J)+Powersaves.

Thanks a lot!

zoogie likes this.