Hacking Accidentally updated your dsi/3ds system before your r4i?

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated your dsi/3ds system before your r4i, so you cant play it? Well, instead of having to get another ds lite or dsi/3ds which hasn't been updated, you can get an action replay dsi. It is a cheats system where the ar dsi card has a card slot, and you put the game which you want to cheat on in the slot. But if you put an r4 in the slot, obviously it won't have cheats but you can still boot it regardless of your system's or r4i's version! And, of course, it will work if you already have an action replay dsi.

Reactions: 2 people

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
IQ4jIs.jpg
Not everyone has one of these but interesting.​

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's the first I ever heard of this. Did you test this personally, or are just reporting some of your findings?
Also, after it boots the R4(i) card, can you use your precious .nds ROMs?
Have you tested this on more than one type of R4 card? Which cards have you tested?

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no updates block action replay, only flashcarts. it only works for action replay dsi (not action replay ds) but works with all versions of all consoles (including the new 3DS XL). I have only tried it on R4i 3DS but I don't see why it wouldn't work with other flashcarts.

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The R4i itself boots fine, but the .nds roms have a couple of problems, sometimes they go blank with a white screen or you lose all your data, but you can upgrade your r4i card to support the latest firmware on your DSi/3DS, so that doesn't really matter. I found this myself and tested it on 3DS and 3DS XL with R4i flashcart and Datel Action Replay DSi.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
no updates block action replay, only flashcarts. it only works for action replay dsi (not action replay ds) but works with all versions of all consoles (including the new 3DS XL). I have only tried it on R4i 3DS but I don't see why it wouldn't work with other flashcarts.

actually the older DS action replay was blocked on DSi and 3DS
they have only recently got the DSi action replay out and it does indeed work

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, and the action replay ds does not have a card slot, and it only works on ds lite so it is useless for this.

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, that's the first I ever heard of this. Did you test this personally, or are just reporting some of your findings?
Also, after it boots the R4(i) card, can you use your precious .nds ROMs?
Have you tested this on more than one type of R4 card? Which cards have you tested?
I have only tried it on the R4i 3DS card.

fossda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks! it seems the reason why only a couple of games work is because unfortunately you cant save or load, but again this doesn't matter because you can just upgrade your card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc