Hacking Accidental update on hacked WiiU. How to solve?

filipe_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello

I have a wiiU that was hacked (homebrew and wup installer), in version 5.5.2. I used the DNS change method to avoid updates.

Two days ago, I can not explain how, wiiu updated to version 5.5.3. The homewbrew is not working and many games are not working too (they show a error related to the additional content. I already try reinstall that content from nintendo shop without sucess). The WiiU when starting the boot showed a black screen with a message that also does not appear anymore...

Is there any way to solve this? Can someone point me the right way? My knowledge is very basic and I'm probably not providing the best information ...

Thanks in advance !!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the profile associated with the account was deleted, the ticket might've gotten deleted. I'm not sure how you didn't brick though.

Reactions: filipe_m

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC it was 5.5.3 that stopped CBHC from autobooting on EU consoles. You should still have the CBHC do touch not touch icon, run it and see if the games then work (running it is safe, same as running normal haxchi). If so all you have to do is re-run the CBHC installer to get it autobooting again.

Last edited by spectral,

filipe_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
IIRC it was 5.5.3 that stopped CBHC from autobooting on EU consoles. You should still have the CBHC do touch not touch icon, run it and see if the games then work (running it is safe, same as running normal haxchi). If so all you have to do is re-run the CBHC installer to get it autobooting again.

Thanks I will try to run CBHC.

How can I re run CBHC installer? I do not need homebrew working for that? Sorry if I am asking a stupid question... And thanks for your answers...

Last edited by filipe_m,

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I will try to run CBHC when I back home.

How can I re run CBHC installer? I do not need homebrew working for that? Sorry if I am asking a stupid question... And thanks for your answers...

When you run the CBHC icon homebrew should work fine until you power off the console. So you just need to run that, then use homebrew launcher to run the CBHC installer and go through the installation process(make sure you pick the right DS game during installation)

It's a bit of a pain, especially if you don't still have all the files you need on your SD card. Alternatively you could just leave it as it is a press that icon to re-enable the hack every time you turn the console on, which is the same way regular non coldboot haxchi works.

filipe_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When you run the CBHC icon homebrew should work fine until you power off the console. So you just need to run that, then use homebrew launcher to run the CBHC installer and go through the installation process(make sure you pick the right DS game during installation)

It's a bit of a pain, especially if you don't still have all the files you need on your SD card. Alternatively you could just leave it as it is a press that icon to re-enable the hack every time you turn the console on, which is the same way regular non coldboot haxchi works.

Thanks... Your help was great and my wiiu is back to normal.

I follow your instructions: I run CBHC, in homebrew I reinstalled CBHC (I still have the files in my sdcard). After that I reboot and CBHC autoboots again.

Tomorrow I will try the games that were not working. I have deleted the additional content. Can I reinstall it with usb helper or can I just use Nintendo shop?

Thanks again!!

Reactions: SuperDan

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks... Your help was great and my wiiu is back to normal.

I follow your instructions: I run CBHC, in homebrew I reinstalled CBHC (I still have the files in my sdcard). After that I reboot and CBHC autoboots again.

Tomorrow I will try the games that were not working. I have deleted the additional content. Can I reinstall it with usb helper or can I just use Nintendo shop?

Thanks again!!
You shouldn't have deleted the additional content, it only didn't work because the hack wasn't active. It will be somewhat difficult to get it back again now as officially Wii U USBhelper shut down a long time ago. There was a workaround but it took some messing about and I don't know if it still works at all any more. You'd have to google it though as I'm pretty sure it's against GBAtemp's tos to link to that. Unless it's stuff you actually bought you wont be able to download it from the normal E-Shop.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You shouldn't have deleted the additional content, it only didn't work because the hack wasn't active. It will be somewhat difficult to get it back again now as officially Wii U USBhelper shut down a long time ago. There was a workaround but it took some messing about and I don't know if it still works at all any more. You'd have to google it though as I'm pretty sure it's against GBAtemp's tos to link to that. Unless it's stuff you actually bought you wont be able to download it from the normal E-Shop.
It still works

filipe_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I deleted the content from Mario Kart and from Wii sports... I bought all the Mario kart and a few from Wii sports. Hope I can download it again... Yesterday, with CBHC not working I was able to download but it fails the installation...

I did not knew usb helper was not working. I did not use it for a long time...

Thanks again!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It still works

Usb helper or Nintendo shop?

filipe_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Today i was able to download the content previous bougth from nintendo eshop...

So almost everything is back to normal (less a few conten from wii sports is not working).

Thanks for the help you gave me!!

GZRT3

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there, if someone is wondering, the fix still works even if you updated by accident to 5.5.6, just run the DO NOT TOUCH icon for Hachi and everything should be fixed!

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Today i was able to download the content previous bougth from nintendo eshop...

So almost everything is back to normal (less a few conten from wii sports is not working).

Thanks for the help you gave me!!
If (either legally bought or not) DLC/content is not working when reeled in through the official channels, you might as well use WiiU USB Helper, JNUSDownloader, uTikdownloader(or whatever it's called) or any of the other NUS download tools (or if you're good with Google you could just do a search query for what you're looking for, chances are you' ll be able to find it with or without the help of the Internet Archive) to download the problematic content illegaly and install said content using WUP installer to see if that fixes it. I mean, it's already not working so you got nothing to lose right?

Also
... You'd have to google it though as I'm pretty sure it's against GBAtemp's tos to link to that. ...

Linking to USB Helper, or any of the other tools is fine. They come without the common key IIRC. (Mods please correct me on this if I'm wrong)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: