Hacking Access to all levels in Ikaruga

Servdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been well documented that an Ikaruga backup for gamecube does not work with a soft-mod wii with gamecube launcher 0.2. This is because when you try to to pick start game an error occurs and the wii has to be reset. It is also known that conquest mode does work, but is also problematic because it is only available for the levels that have already been completed in regular mode (selected by choosing START GAME) in the menu screen. So I thought if you could load a saved game that is already completed you could at least play all the levels in conquest mode. In case any one is wondering, conquest mode is a mode where you play each episode of the game individually with unlimited continues. I found a completed save game on gamefaqs.com and loaded from my sd card it to my Nintendo brand gamecube memory card using Gamecube Saver (a homebrew app which can be found at wiibrew.org). With this set up I can play each stage in the game, but must reselect the next portion to play upon completion of one section. Obviously this setup lacks the ability to play through the game continously and thus keep a running high score, but if you just want to try the game out and play through without chasing high scores this setup enables you to do that at least.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'll keep this in mind. Does the GameCube Saver app work with 1st party memory cards? Any GCN memory card manager I've tried using never works for me.

Servdogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to work fine with 1st party memory cards. Its kind of a sketchy app because every loaded save ends with a code dump and requires a hard reset of the wii. But the save files do save correctly to a 1st party memory card. I'm not sure, but it seems that all other Gamecube save managing apps do not work with 1st party cards. The wiibrew page describes the app pretty well, but just to specify-the GC save file should be in GCI format and placed in a folder titled gc_saves (which is in the root of the sd card). Before using the program make sure only one GCI file is in the folder, and make sure it is renamed to something with only 1 or 2 digits .gci in all caps. For example: A.gci or AD.gci. And also the app requires a GC controller to work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1