Gaming AC:WW freezes when opening a future letter.

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says.

I decided to be dumb and send myself a future birthday letter just saying Happy Birthday.

And on the day of my Birthday, the letter appeared in the mailbox, and went to my inventory section.
I click open, and guess what, it froze my game.

I'm using a real copy of the game, not a rom.

And also, the weird thing is, while I write the letter to myself, well...let me show you pictures of it.

Notice how those buttons are in the wrong spots. There's a button on the space bar, and there's a button where it says "Dear future"...Not normal amirite?
DSC01320.jpg

Now here, whenever I click the back (B) button, to exit writing a letter, this happens, Notice the "Confirm" button disappears...
DSC01322.jpg

Here is a picture of when I click the Confirm button, and it asks me if "Is this correct?". Notice how it looks like it duplicates.
DSC01323.jpg

(The "11" in the letter was from me, I typed something random)

So yeah, when I confirm the letter, send it via Town Hall, and when I get it in the mail, it freezes my game.

It seems like a glitch or a corrupted part in my game.

Has anyone seen this before?

Wok247

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok!
I'm sorry but i can't help you with fixing this bug, but did you try to replace the nds or sav
if that doesn't work try both!

To get your new town nearly the same you may can use animalmap (Its an map editor)

If you still get any problems sorry (wich card do you use? Maybe there is a other fix or you use the 1.0 version that have some bugs.In version 1.1 some bugs are fixed)

Ps : real COPY how do i have to understand that?

Greetz Wok247

Sorry if I didn't help!

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
you can dump your rom using a mac and someother stuff, windows is possible but i dont know, maybe adapt from the mac guide theres one around here

and use animal map you can not only edit your save but also that letter

Wok247

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
V1.0 and V1.1 Animal Crossing Differences?, What are they?
Try this topic there aren't much answers but still you may post it there again and maybe you get some answers!
glare.gif

Greetz Wok247

Simply copi the first and paste it in search!

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Wok247 said:
Ok!
I'm sorry but i can't help you with fixing this bug, but did you try to replace the nds or sav
if that doesn't work try both!

To get your new town nearly the same you may can use animalmap (Its an map editor)

If you still get any problems sorry (wich card do you use? Maybe there is a other fix or you use the 1.0 version that have some bugs.In version 1.1 some bugs are fixed)

Ps : real COPY how do i have to understand that?

Greetz Wok247

Sorry if I didn't help!

lol... he means he bought it, not downloaded a rom... so he cant actually replace the sav or rom or nds i just remembered...

brian 117 do you have a flashcart?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Contact Nintendo. At least they'll be able to confirm if it's a problem with the cartridge or just your save.

Never seen anything like this before. Sending yourself a future letter isnt dumb, the game's built to let you do it. Really shouldn't cause any problems like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo