OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
Just a few questions.

1) Say that you have a GBA ROM in the NOR Flash Memory, can you over-write that ROM with another ROM? If no, can you free up that space with a dummy file?

2) Does you save for the GBA ROM in the PSRAM get deleted along with the GBA ROM when you power off?, if yes anyway of backing it up?

3) When saving in a GBA ROM does the EZ Flash 3-in-1 make a save file? (like the R4, it creates a .sav file which is your save)

4) If yes to number three does the saves get stored on the slot-1 device's memory stick?

5) Does the EZ FLash 3-in-1 come with
software installed in it that lets you put games on the PSRAM and NOR Flash Memory, or would you need to use the software '3in1 ExpPack Tool by Rudolph'

6) Regarding the '3in1 ExpPack Tool by Rudolph', do you boot the .nds from the slot-1 device or the EZ Flash 3-in-1?

7) Is ALL gba games 32MB or 16MB?

8) Can you trim them like you can with NDS ROMS?

9) If you have a combo of a EZ FLash 3-in-1 and a R4 can you Backup the saves from a ORIGINAL DS Game cart?

10) If you have a combo of a EZ Flash 3-in-1 and a R4 can you DUMP a ORIGINAL DS Game card?

11) Does the EZ Flash 3-in-1 require a firmware?

12) Is the EZ Flash 3-in-1 skin-able?

13) is there a list of working/non working/rarely working games for the EZ FLash 3-in-1?

14) how many GBA ROMS do you think i can fit on a 1GB micro SD card?

Thanks for your time, i may have more questions later on.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) That is one of the ways it works

2) No need to worry as the battery backed SRAM is used instead.

3) There are several third party apps. I am not sure how each works but there will be save made (either by you or the app) on your DS slot device though.

4) Yeah.

5) There is a nice guide on the wiki: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=3_..._for_EZ-Flash_V

6) If you plan on using the PSRAM then you need to boot from the R4.

7) Roms vary from 4 to 32 megabytes, average (after trimming) is between 5 and about 14 (normally RPGs are large while puzzle/platform games are small).

8) They do not have a size inbuilt like DS roms but yeah you can trim them 99% of the time (occasionally there will be some junk that can not be trimmed by auto trimmers so you have to do it yourself).

9) I assume you do not have the savsender app, there should be a few SRAM based ones although I am unsure if there is anything else.

10) Yeah, rudolph made a 3 in 1 version. It gets a tad more complex than a plain DLDI compatible GBA slot card as you have to swap but nothing drastic.

11) It is self contained.

12) You do not need the ability as it pretty much is all menu and DS slot based.

13) Between EZ4 client, GBATA (both normal patching and stuff like clock patches), IPS patches (clock patches, the odd save check patch for stuff like dragon ball titles and motion/ solar sensor) and common sense you should be set. The only real hiccup is the classic nes/famicom mini for which there are far better emulators for the DS and GBA.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for going off topic but I wonder what happened to the Ewin version that was posted here? Granted I already have a EZFIV but the time it takes to backup the saves when you power it up for GBA roms is too long

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
Thanks a million FAST6191, your very kind.

I may have other questions lol...i haven't thought of any yet.

Sorry for going off topic but I wonder what happened to the Ewin version that was posted here? Granted I already have a EZFIV but the time it takes to backup the saves when you power it up for GBA roms is too long

wow totally off topic mate lol.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=60124

Nothing 'happened', it just the makers aren't letting on who is selling them.

Therefore i'm getting a EZFlash 3-in-1.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
2) No need to worry as the battery backed SRAM is used instead.
Here's another question of my own. If I have a rom in NOR and a save game for it (in the battery backed SRAM I assume), will this get overwritten when I load a rom into the PSRAM and save? or do all saves get automatically backed up into SLOT1 device? If so, do I have to manually send the save back into the battery SRAM when I am to run rom stored in NOR again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon