Hacking A9LH to B9S exception occurred code 0

Y2bear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All

I’m facing an issue with my 3ds which I m unable to fix due to my little experience, my new 3ds XL was originally on 9.2.0.20E, installed luma3ds and manuhax (where you could select between Luma3ds, decrypt9..etc). However due to slow loading at start and often crashing I thought its good idea to move to Boot9strap using A9LH to B9S (from 3ds guide site) after following the steps I got an exception occurred cod 0 error which didn’t allow me start my 3ds.

After searching on the internet I replaced the boot.firm and added Godmode9 along with my Sysnand backup, hoping that I can remove the mess and restore my 3ds from scratch to start again.

However after restoring sysnand, I’m in a strange state which I’m unable to do anything:

• 3ds loads directly into what it seems as the original firmware. (No FBI, Health & safety is still showing, setting shows 9.2.0.20E)

• At start, when I press start I can access godmode9, Select takes me to Luma3ds 8 configuration options.

• Although I selected to auto boot in EMunand I still get the same original firmware (as above)

• I tried to load HB launcher I’m getting the same error exception occurred code 0.

• I read somewhere that decrypt9 can help in loading sysnad and remove cfw but how to install with no FBI and no HB

• Without SD card my 3ds doesn’t start (blue light will turn on then off)
What shall I do, how can I install CFW again and run FBI to install cia again ?? I’m lost !!

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It seems that you didn't have A9LH at all. Sou you shouldn't have followed the "A9LH to B9S" guide. You just have just followed the standard guide. Since you're on that state, I'm not sure what you should do, so probably just wait for someone more experienced to comment. But it seems you have Luma3DS installed, so it may be fine to just pick up the guide here:
https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

Y2bear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems that you didn't have A9LH at all. Sou you shouldn't have followed the "A9LH to B9S" guide. You just have just followed the standard guide. Since you're on that state, I'm not sure what you should do, so probably just wait for someone more experienced to comment. But it seems you have Luma3DS installed, so it may be fine to just pick up the guide here:
https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

Hi Shady

I tried it but it didn't work work.
I thought I was on A9LH cause I had arm9loaderhax files on my root?

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi Shady

I tried it but it didn't work work.
I thought I was on A9LH cause I had arm9loaderhax files on my root?
You should be, then. But you mentioned MenuHax, so you probably had some sort of weird mix. As I said, we should wait for someone more experienced to comment, since it may be some strange situation I've never heard of

Y2bear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Experts any Luck

I'm not sure how can get it work, since I cant load HB and keep getting the Exception occurred error ?
I have both backups of sysnand and emunand and already used Godmode9 to load sysnad backup but still stuck
When I press select while starting I get Luma3d 8 configuration, if I select show nand I get the error and if I select boot in emuland I get into what it seems the OFW

sleepymanakete

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried restoring the emunand to sysnand? https://3ds.guide/move-emunand
Section IV - Copy EmuNAND to SysNAND said:
  1. Navigate to [E:] EMUNAND VIRTUAL
  2. Press (A) on nand.bin to select it, then select “NAND image options…”, then select “Restore SysNAND (safe)”
  3. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND overwriting, then input the key combo given
  4. This will not overwrite your arm9loaderhax installation
  5. Input the key combo given to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing
  6. This process will take some time
  7. Once it has completed, press (A) to continue
  8. Press (B) to return to the main menu

Last edited by sleepymanakete,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You had arm9loaderhax files because Luma3DS used arm9loaderhax.bin even when using menuHax to simplify things. You did not have A9LH. That said, you mentioned you had emuNAND and sysNAND both backed up? In that case your best interest would be restoring your emuNAND backup to your sysNAND, essentially replacing your useless 9.2 sysNAND with your emuNAND that had all your games and homebrew on it. If that succeeds then you can backup the contents of your SD card, format it to remove the duplicate emuNAND and free up space and then put your SD card contents back onto the SD card.

sleepymanakete

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys but how can I replace my sysnad with Emunand, since I cant see any Emunand virtual in godemode9.
Additionally I noticed that my 3ds wont work without the sd card specially without boot.firm.
I guess restore it as if it were sysnand and then pick the emunand backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-