Hacking A9LH Questions

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I'm still a menuhax peasant and I finally found some time during my busy college schedule to upgrade my 3DS to A9LH. Could anyone give me some tips and advice for keeping all of my data and saves? Currently, I have menuhax set up to autoboot into a 11.0 emunand on top of a 9.2 sysnand. I also have a patched AGB_Firm file on my device. Do I need to do anything special to keep my GBA saves and how do I keep my emunand during the process? I keep nothing on my sysnand, so everything important is stored in my emunand.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hey guys! I'm still a menuhax peasant and I finally found some time during my busy college schedule to upgrade my 3DS to A9LH. Could anyone give me some tips and advice for keeping all of my data and saves? Currently, I have menuhax set up to autoboot into a 11.0 emunand on top of a 9.2 sysnand. I also have a patched AGB_Firm file on my device. Do I need to do anything special to keep my GBA saves and how do I keep my emunand during the process? I keep nothing on my sysnand, so everything important is stored in my emunand.
I don't know what others do, but this is what I did with my main system containing all my legit stuff:

1. Make a full backup of the 11.0 emunand.
2. Make a backup of the Nintendo 3DS folder on your PC.
Do the above as close to the same time as possible.
3. Do a9lh.
4. Restore the entire 11.0 emunand (except keep a9lh) and the backed up Nintendo 3DS folder at the same time.

This is just based on common sense since the nand and Nintendo 3ds folder are essentially your entire system state.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Restore your Emunand backup at the end of the guide to your sysnand, that way you'll have everything back.
- make regular nand and sd backups
- if nintendo releases a firmware update come here to verify that it is indeed safe to update (it probably will)
- don't panic if something goes wrong, ask here first. No need to jump conclusions and update to 11.0 sysnand immediately, locking you out (except hardmod / dsiware downgrade)
- check the irc for real time help
- you'll need to restore your gba firm to the factory one, luma wiki has a guide on that
- read everything very very carefully. If something goes wrong, you probably accidentally skipped a step (ex; forget to copy a bin file)
- enjoy your fast boot and 100% boot rate!

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restore your Emunand backup at the end of the guide to your sysnand, that way you'll have everything back.
- make regular nand and sd backups
- if nintendo releases a firmware update come here to verify that it is indeed safe to update (it probably will)
- don't panic if something goes wrong, ask here first. No need to jump conclusions and update to 11.0 sysnand immediately, locking you out (except hardmod / dsiware downgrade)
- check the irc for real time help
- you'll need to restore your gba firm to the factory one, luma wiki has a guide on that
- read everything very very carefully. If something goes wrong, you probably accidentally skipped a step (ex; forget to copy a bin file)
- enjoy your fast boot and 100% boot rate!
Why will I have to restore my AGB_Firm to the factory one?

Where do I start on the Pliatect tutorial? I already have menuhax installed Homebrew menu accessible.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why will I have to restore my AGB_Firm to the factory one?

Where do I start on the Pliatect tutorial? I already have menuhax installed Homebrew menu accessible.

You can start right here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9)
Just read everything on the page. Just read the whole guide. It may seem daunting but you'll understand what you're doing.

You'll need the factory one because a custom one interferes with the luma patches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o