Homebrew [A9lh] Is it safe to format the system through System Settings?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
OP
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Context: Yesterday I bought a New 3DS (mostly because the ribbon cable on my O3DS is damaged, so I can still use my O3DS, but it's rather inconvenient). I am currently setting up arm9loaderhax on this 3DS. I would also like to transfer my NNID to this N3DS after I set up arm9loaderhax.

The problem: As far as I'm aware there are currently two ways to unlink/transfer a NNID from a 3DS.
  • By preforming a system transfer. I'm not too certain this is safe after I have finished setting up arm9loaderhax on an N3ds, so I'm not going to try.
  • By formatting the System in the System Settings. This is what I want to do, but I would like to now if anyone has any tips or things that I should watch out for before I preform the reset.
Last note: If there are any other known methods to unlink a NNID on a N3ds (e.g. through Homebrew), I would love to hear it.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Formatting is safe on A9LH. I have both an old 3DS, and a new 3ds XL. Both of them had A9LH on it at the time of me doing a system transfer from old to new. I know the formatting is safe as well as the transfer itself, because after the transfer is completed the system that was transferred from gets formatted.

D

Deleted User

Am i the only person that has always had the NNID unlinked no matter the method i have formatted my 3ds?

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
NNID might appear to be unlinked visually when tinyformat is used, however, it is not unlinked according to Nintendo. That is the soul purpose of a 3DS needing to go online during a system format. It is to do a partial unlinking of the NNID from that system. However, doing that system format the official way does NOT make the NNID available for linking to another 3DS system. Only nintendo themselves, or using the System transfer process is able to fully transfer the NNID from one 3DS to another.

Reactions: Temptress Cerise

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
System transfers are a9lh safe, even if the source doesn't have it installed.
Installing a9lh was what I did first thing after getting my N3DS, and system transfer was the second.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)