Hacking A9HL: Do I still need emuNAND? What's the cleanest setup?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hijack this thread, but it's sort of a related question. If I set up arm9loaderhax, will I be able to use the same Emunand with Gateway as I had when I was using menuhax? I assume so but I just wanna make sure.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to hijack this thread, but it's sort of a related question. If I set up arm9loaderhax, will I be able to use the same Emunand with Gateway as I had when I was using menuhax? I assume so but I just wanna make sure.
Yes. I am doing the same.

Reactions: Ryft

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to start clean
1. Install arm9loaderhax
2. Format SD
3. Put Homebrew launcher on SD along with TinyFormat
4. Put AuReiNand on the SD
5. Put a file called "updatedsysnand" and "installeda9lh" in the rei folder along with the "firmware.bin" and "firmware90.bin"
6. Boot up your 3DS, run homebrew channel and run tinyformat

What does this mean by formatting the SD card? By using TinyFormat?
And by homebrew launcher, do you mean homebrew starter kit by smea?

Just trying to get all the necessary information before I make the leap to installing arm9loaderhax. I want to get it right the first time.

Last edited by MSearles,

folu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just trying to get all the necessary information before I make the leap to installing arm9loaderhax. I want to get it right the first time.

I think he means you need to format your entire SD card using your computer, since Arm9loaderhax installs to your 3DS, not your SD card.

Shuttleu

Trophies
XP
Country

As A9LH is on the 3DS not the SD, format the SD card on your computer using the official SD format tool
By running TinyFormat... I don't know how else to explain it, run the homebrew channel and run TinyFormat
And by homebrew launcher I mean either smea's starter kit or just the homebrew executable on the root of the SD

My turn! How do you get to HBL on 2.1 to install A9LH?
After getting your OTP, you replace the arm9.bin and arm11.bin and you then run the browser exploit again which will allow you to flash the 9.2 nand back

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As A9LH is on the 3DS not the SD, format the SD card on your computer using the official SD format tool
By running TinyFormat... I don't know how else to explain it, run the homebrew channel and run TinyFormat
And by homebrew launcher I mean either smea's starter kit or just the homebrew executable on the root of the SD

After getting your OTP, you replace the arm9.bin and arm11.bin and you then run the browser exploit again which will allow you to flash the 9.2 nand back
I did what you said and flashed the nand to my 9.2 backup, then I ran the 3dsx OTP installer. I DID use my own OTP and not the one from the installer, but now my 3ds doesn't turn on. It lights up with the blue light but the screen stays black. Am I bricked? What went wrong? I've tried starting both with and without my sd card too.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did what you said and flashed the nand to my 9.2 backup, then I ran the 3dsx OTP installer. I DID use my own OTP and not the one from the installer, but now my 3ds doesn't turn on. It lights up with the blue light but the screen stays black. Am I bricked? What went wrong? I've tried starting both with and without my sd card too.
Do you have the bin file on your sd card?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I kinda freaked out at the same part. What is happening is it is trying to run arm9loaderhax.bin from the SD card but if you don't have one, it locks up. You need to have something for it to run (like aureinand or another CFW for example).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/aureinand-n3ds-o3ds-a9lh.411110/

Shuttleu

Trophies
XP
Country
That's very good news. I got worried at the same point.

To test its working properly use this A9LH tester. Put the file on your SD card, turn it on and wait a couple of seconds, press any button and the console should turn off. If it does then you know it has been installed successfully.

Afterwards just proceed to put the AuReiNand files on.

Reactions: Sniffynose

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's very good news. I got worried at the same point.

To test its working properly use this A9LH tester. Put the file on your SD card, turn it on and wait a couple of seconds, press any button and the console should turn off. If it does then you know it has been installed successfully.

Afterwards just proceed to put the AuReiNand files on.
I hadn't really looked here for information about my problem XD. I found that I needed the CFW files and the A9LH bin file. I got those and it still didn't work. That's because AuReiNand boots into emunand by default, but mine was bricked because I never restored it after downgrading it to 2.1. I held R to boot into sysnand and got into my old menuhax setup. I booted HBL and tried decrypt9 to restore my emunand, but it didn't load. I took my SD Card to my computer and injected the emunand backup with emunand tool V1.0.1. After I got the emunand back, I didn't have to do anything else, AuReiNand was able to boot into my emunand perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-