miigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I've been lurking around here for a little while and i thought it was time that i cleared up a few things in my fuddled brain.

i'm kinda torn between buying an xbox 360 or a wii, so instead of me trawling through google digging up xbox+wii fans and getting really stupid results, can someone give me a clear 'what's good with the wii' and 'what's good with the xbox 360'.

I'm looking for a console that is good with rpgs, and fps, but one that will be fun, maybe fantasy-wise. oh, and where can i get (insert console here) cheaply?

Much appreciated
miigo

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're looking for FPS and RPGs than get the 360. Or alternatively look at the games, both systems have and decide which libary appeals to you more. Based on what you said I reckon the 360 would be better for you.

miigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks. Can you suggest me a few games from each system then?

An xbox... something like Halo/cod.
A wii... something like okami or zelda.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't actually own either console but I have a triple so I know about the multi-platform stuff. But form what what I understand, the wii hasn't got a great number of RPGs and FPS from when I researched over which console I wanted to buy. Personally I prefered the PS3 and 360 libary over the wii. But you might want to look at this: 360 essentials wii essentials

snipes634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have both, and I liked the Wii a lot when I was younger but now I think the 360 is wayyyyy better than the wii. plus isn't like sony and microsoft coming out with like that motion remote thing just like the wii? so the wii is kind of like pointless now :/ lol

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
snipes634 said:
i have both, and I liked the Wii a lot when I was younger but now I think the 360 is wayyyyy better than the wii. plus isn't like sony and microsoft coming out with like that motion remote thing just like the wii? so the wii is kind of like pointless now :/ lol
Move is almost identical to the Wii Remote and Nunchuck, so it's not really new. Kinect is something completely different, it uses a camera to track your movements.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually say a Wii is a good compliment console to the Xbox 360 or PS3 but not quite a replacement. It's good to have either a gaming PC, Xbox 360, or a PS3 and a Wii together. I have a Xbox 360 and Wii myself and I love both of 'em.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a PC that I use at times, and I also have a Wii. The Wii is what I use for gaming (N64) and I'm not replacing it with a 360. And I'm going to get one when I move out, because I'll be with my friend... and HIS Wii. (My Wii is SO much better, though)

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
i think you should not compare Wii to 360. since they both have huge differences and both have its own exclusive games...

unlike PS3 it has only very few Exclusive games (in fact i can't even name one game that is exclusive to PS3 right now)

i own a wii and my brother own a PS3... i love the wii because of its exclusive games like Zelda Mario Wii Fit Wii SPorts etc etc... i play my brothers PS3 because of FF XIII & Call of duty (which i think you can get both on the 360, but you can get Halo & Left For Dead for 360 not on PS3)

so yeah get both Wii and Xbox... but not Xbox and PS3 =)

D

Deleted User

I *need* a Wii, and I hate my Xbox (and PS3 now. grr.) So yeah, what Guild McCommunist said, run them side-by-side.

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
so if you like this game you can get PS3 =)
nayps3.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
It's harder to compare the Wii with the Xbox 360. If you're more into games produced from Nintendo (e.g. Mario, Zelda), and are looking for a console that people would actually want to play at parties (if your friends aren't gamers), then the Wii would be right for you.

If you prefer to play shooters, and maybe RPG/adventure titles, the Xbox 360 would be right. The Xbox 360 has a full array of different shooters and such, but lack many games that may appeal to those non-gamer friends you may or may not have. Downside is the $50 (I think they're raising it to $60) for Xbox Live.

And just for the heck of it, PS3 would be a nice alternative to the Xbox 360. It has more variety in its library, with heavy titles spreading across different genres, whereas the Xbox 360 library has a bigger focus on shooters. Online is not as robust as Xbox Live, but it goes without a cost (unless you're paying for PS+).

o2oxygen said:
i think you should not compare Wii to 360. since they both have huge differences and both have its own exclusive games...

unlike PS3 it has only very few Exclusive games (in fact i can't even name one game that is exclusive to PS3 right now)
Um... LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, Infamous, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Game of the Year 2009), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, God of War III, MLB 10: The Show, Demon's Souls, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Wipeout HD, PixelJunk Shooter, Flower. None of these games ring a bell to you?

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
CarbonX13 said:
It's harder to compare the Wii with the Xbox 360. If you're more into games produced from Nintendo (e.g. Mario, Zelda), and are looking for a console that people would actually want to play at parties (if your friends aren't gamers), then the Wii would be right for you.

If you prefer to play shooters, and maybe RPG/adventure titles, the Xbox 360 would be right. The Xbox 360 has a full array of different shooters and such, but lack many games that may appeal to those non-gamer friends you may or may not have. Downside is the $50 (I think they're raising it to $60) for Xbox Live.

And just for the heck of it, PS3 would be a nice alternative to the Xbox 360. It has more variety in its library, with heavy titles spreading across different genres, whereas the Xbox 360 library has a bigger focus on shooters. Online is not as robust as Xbox Live, but it goes without a cost (unless you're paying for PS+).

o2oxygen said:

Um... LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, Infamous, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Game of the Year 2009), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, God of War III, MLB 10: The Show, Demon's Souls, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Wipeout HD, PixelJunk Shooter, Flower. None of these games ring a bell to you?

lol only Metal Gear Solid... =) but i know there is also some Metal Gear versions on other consoles like the Gamecube so its sort of not an exclusive...

BlazerX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres alot of factors to put in if comparing the WII to a 360. In my opinion you should go with the Wii for its modding capability's and free online gaming. as for a 360 me myself got fed up with he console cause of online subscriptions are hitting my but but the gaming is fun and exciting.but the price is spending 120$ pergame
Heres alittle something i found on the Internet it compares the consoles.

The biggest video game war isn’t taking place on a screen. Nintendo and Microsoft are battling for the top spot with their innovative Xbox 360 and Wii gaming consoles. You’re guaranteed to save on both systems with our video game consoles coupons & coupon codes, but which is the right choice for you?
Originality.
In our opinion, the Wii redefined the traditional video game. You truly interact with a Wii game, interacting through a hand held remote that sense your movements. So when you play Wii Tennis, you really imitate pulling back your racket and swinging at the ball. It has caught on with people who never played video games before and has opened up an entire new world of home fitness.
Functionality.
The Xbox 360 is more than a video game console, it is a home media center. You can use an Xbox to watch HD DVDs, stream movies from Netflix and play online music. Xbox Live also includes voice and text chat plus access to Facebook and Twitter.
Family fun.
The Wii wins this one hands down. Nintendo provides more games for youngsters than Xbox, ranging from Mario Brothers to Dance Dance Revolution. But than just occupying the kids, Wii is a great way to get the entire family in one room. Intuitive controls mean even technophobic moms can jump in to the game, actually bowling or strumming a guitar. Which is why everyone loves Wii, it like you are living the game, not just watching it on a screen.
Serious gaming.
The flipside is that Xbox 360 is the way to go for hardcore gamers. It has the best graphics, the most advanced games and allows you to compete with friends, family and even strangers with Xbox Live. Just say these three words to a video game addict Call of Duty and you’ll understand what we’re talking about. Shooter games have reached a whole new level with the Xbox 360.
Price.
The Nintendo Wii is cheaper than the Xbox 360. Its games usually cost less, too. But an Xbox 360 has greatly expanded functionality which may negate the price difference particularly if it saves you from, say, buying a Blu-ray player. Comparing the price of the two units considering all the extras that come with an Xbox is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
WI could be a better option if you like puzzles, adventure, emotion, family games and things that are not as hard core as the ones you find in the Xbox 360. IF you like great graphics in a great game go for the Xbox. If you like to have family and friends fun go for the Wii. You could also have a Wii and a Hard Core Gaming PC which is almost the same thing as an Xbox because there a really good games for the PC too like Call of Duty which you could also play against people using an Xbox 360. It all depends in which type of person you are and what are your needs. I have a friend that has an Xbox 360 and he barely plays it, and my other friend has a PS3
nayps3.gif
but he loves my Wii and he comes to play Need for Speed Carbon and games like Mario Galaxy.
yaywii.gif

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you want a console that doesn't have
mario zelda metroid pikmin animal crossing donkey kong kirby etc.. buy a xbox..

ITS SO SIMPLE

I can't stand having a console without those games.. so since 1987 I have a nintendo system

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Enjoy generic brown and bloom shooters on a console and not a PC? Enjoy having very little amount of exclusives that aren't shooters? Enjoy having to pay online for something that should be free? Enjoy having a large number of ads despite that you're paying for a service?

Get a good PC and a wii.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have all 3 console and they're all good

I don't ever play the Wii..only time I play it is when I'm helping my son beat a level or boss

The ps3 just sit and look pretty..I use my xbox the most, best online community..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-