A way to find youtube hosted links?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The thing i wanna do is stream youtube videos using a video player like MPC HC (Media player classic home cinema) How MPC HC works is by using a video url that is a direct link to a video file. For example. Start MPC HC, select File> open file (CTRL + O) and insert a url into the Open box. (http://archive.org/download/NesSupe...appylee/supermariobros-tas-happylee_512kb.mp4)

The problem is i dunno how to get the direct link from youtube videos or any online streaming videos to use with MPC HC. I tried some chrome app extensions, but all of them don't work. Everyone i tried says the same thing about "Because is a chrome extension from chrome app store, it cannot download youtube videos." So then i thought about trying a extension not from chrome store, but none of them exist. They aren't extensions to grab stream link url, is a redirect to another page to convert and download vidoes. They also don't allow me to do it with 1080P and sound. Is always 1080P with no audio. Only up to 720P with audio works.

Then i found tampermonkey. Is supposed to be some user script manager. Is cool and all and i tried some sample scripts, but i know nothing about making one. Basically i just wanna watch youtube videos with MPC HC. I want to do it in 1080P with AUDIO, and i just need to know how to obtain the url is hosted at. Does anyone know how i can find out the video url of streaming vidoes?

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    You can do this with VLC by just pasting the video/playlist URL into the Network Stream option.

Last edited by Joom, Jun 1, 2017
  3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Is VLC player better than MPC HC?

4. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I like it more as it has more features and tends to handle all video formats and weird encodings.

5. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Does it handle it without FFMPEG codecs?

6. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Yes. You can install it and just go.

7. Saint_Kaiser

Saint_Kaiser Banned

Banned
    Jun 1, 2017
    Chad
    Personal opinion, but I feel VLC is better. I used to use MPC for videos but now I only use VLC.

8. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Should I be worried that VLC player has no windows 64Bit version? I have windows 64Bit and MPC HC supports it at least. Though to be honest I don't get the difference between 32 bit windows.:unsure:

9. Saint_Kaiser

Saint_Kaiser Banned

Banned
    Jun 1, 2017
    Chad
    32bit VLC should work fine, but I thought VLC had 64bit. Weird

10. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    32bit applications can only allocate 2 GB of RAM, which isn't a big deal in most cases. You can install them on a 64bit OS with no problems. Also, it does have a 64bit version.

http://get.videolan.org/vlc/2.2.6/win64/vlc-2.2.6-win64.exe

Last edited by Joom, Jun 1, 2017
  11. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    That's weird, when i clicked the windows download, it took me to the 32bit version. O_O

Okay, I'll try it then, I almost downloaded it from the windows store. :P

12. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Don't get it from the Windows Store. That's just a wrapper for the CLI version that just uses a broken Metro interface. And to get the 64bit version you have to click the drop down button next to the download button.

13. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    How do i know if is playing the best video option of a video? I want it to play the best option (4K if available, 1080P if available)

14. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    It defaults to the highest available resolution.

15. Saint_Kaiser

Saint_Kaiser Banned

Banned
    Jun 1, 2017
    Chad
    The Win store version is so lackluster. It lacks everything that makes VLC great. I don't even think it has network stream.

16. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I tried playing a youtube video, it doesn't look 1080P, even the video properties says is 720P

17. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Is the source video in 1080p? If not then it won't stream in 1080p.

18. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yes it is, is 4K, But i figured it out. Apparently, All video resolutions up to 720P have audio, videos options above it, like 1080P will split the video from the audio file. Youtube playing a video and audio stream at the same time, is two separate sources. The highest resolution to not have that problem is 720P. In order to have higher res play video with audio, you have to manually source the audio file with the video. This explains why websites that tried to generate links for videos are displayed with so many video options and audio options.

FFFFF.png

Because of stuff like this is probably why the chrome app extensions does not work with generating video links and require a different website to do so. That is possible why something like this was invented. https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink It allows the problem to be solved by playing both of them at the same time with a command script while supplying the url link.

19. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I've had videos not play properly with VLC, but work fine with MPC.

20. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The reason why i use MPC HC is cause i can use avisynth scripts with the videos. Is useful for applying filters to pixelated games.