Hacking a vote for animated channels i'm making.

RatPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work.
Any news when the master system one will be done.

As an idea for the animation for it you could have alex the kidd on his motor bike that he uses in miracle world.
and the music from alex the kidds title screen.

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RatPower said:
Great work.
Any news when the master system one will be done.

As an idea for the animation for it you could have alex the kidd on his motor bike that he uses in miracle world.
and the music from alex the kidds title screen.

never played the game, but I will use your idea, since, well, I never owned a master system, lol.

It'll be the next channel I work on, so, give me...hmmm...by this weekend it should be up, maybe sooner.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I just got the "system files are corrupted" message again when switching to the GBA one by pressing the + button from the previous channel. I thought it'd been fixed but apparently it still happens occasionally. Not really sure why though.

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
what an odd error.

Makes no sense why it is specific to that channel either. same files (I use a template), packed in exactly the same way....
I'm stumped. Doesn't happen to me either (I can't replicate your problem).

I wonder if your system menu is slightly corrupted?

My brothers did a similar thing, so I redid his entire wii and it fixed it.

Also Master System voting is now closed.

isoptera4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new channels look great! No more cut-off on my crappy television. The only one I don't like is the wii backup launcher one. The wii backup launcher logo overlaps with the press one for config screen text. Could you make a version of the wii backup launcher channel that just has the logo and not the press one for config text? That would be great. Thank you very much for your fine work on these channels.

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
isoptera4 said:
The new channels look great! No more cut-off on my crappy television. The only one I don't like is the wii backup launcher one. The wii backup launcher logo overlaps with the press one for config screen text. Could you make a version of the wii backup launcher channel that just has the logo and not the press one for config text? That would be great. Thank you very much for your fine work on these channels.

It overlaps??? wtf?

lol, yeah I suppose I can.

Heres a link to it for you.

(it'll be a minute, mediafire is hating me at the moment)

heres a sharebee link for the moment.
http://sharebee.com/3c47872d

The master system one will be up in the next 30 minutes or so. I'm going to try and churn out whatever I can tonight, as they should be quick (taking the screenshots and testing will take the most time)

JrllyfishNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, i was lokking for emulator channels since a couple of days (have my wii since monday), and now i found this topic!
Man they look awesome!

Just a little question as i am new to the Wii scene, can i install this wad files with wadmanager 1.3?
I still have the 3.3E firmware, but planning on upgrading it with a custom 4.0 firmware.

Oh yeah and if there will be an update on let's say the snes emulator, do i just have to replace the .dol file on the sd card?
Or doesn't i work like that?

Again, great work!!

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
should be able to as far as I am aware.

Also, sorry about the wait

I got sidetracked playing Vesperia with the Mrs, also Mediafire is in hate mode right now, lol.

I'll upload it elsewhere, along with the vid.

JrllyfishNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Troy,

just to be sure, i just have to install the wad files with wadmanager for example, and then i can run the emulators from my sd card?
But do i have to put the emulators on my sd card as well?

toni.belangenani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Speaking of download links; the sdhc genesis link doesn't work for me, it gives me a javascript error.. Don't know if it's my computer or if others have the same issue. For now I'm using the MegaDrive-forwarder, but I like the Genesis one better
biggrin.gif

And I have one more question. When I start the NES forwarder, it nicely fades to black and then the emulator fades in, looking great. All the other forwarders fade to black, then some code appears on the screen (only 3 seconds or so) telling me that the SD-path is found and loading the emulator looking like this:

[.............. ]

Do you have any idea why this is different on the NES emulator, and could it look just as smooth on the others? Because my girlfriend already started apologizing for breaking the Wii when she say the 3 second code
laugh.gif

And the new channels look even better than before! Even my girlfriend commented on the look and sound, and even though she isn't into older games, she suddenly 'needed' to play mario land 2 when she saw it! So you've done an awesome job!

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well thanks. Its always nice to know my work is appreciated.

To be honest, I actually made these for my wife. I was simply going to make her a animated genesis channel, because she loves sonic to an insane degree...and I started thinking...why not remake all my channels in this style?

anyway, lol, I'm afraid I am not the maker of the forwarders, I simply make the channel graphics and sound. Spacejump and dynamite are the coders who made the forwarders.

also, I have no idea wjhy that link isn't working (mediafire has been screwy since yesterday), so here. A mirror link.

Animated Sega Genesis Channel
SDHC - sd:/apps/genplusgx/boot.dol - Sharebee

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok guys, I need your help for my next channel.

I'm afraid I do not own very many Gamcube games, and need decent quality title screen shots for some games.
I don't care where you guys get them from, whether it be youtube, the internet, whatever.
The faster I get screen shots, the faster The GC backup launcher channel will get finished.

EDIT: Thanks trickyTony for your contribution!

beyond good and evil- I have this THX Trickytony
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem- I have this THX Trickytony
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
f-zero gx
Killer 7- I have this THX Trickytony
mario kart double dash - I have this
mario party 5
Mario Party 7 - I have this
metroid prime- I have this THX Trickytony
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes - I have this
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door - I have this
pikmin
Pikmin 2- I have this THX Trickytony
prince of persia
resident evil - I have this
Resident Evil 4- I have this THX Trickytony
smash brothers melee - I have this
SSX Tricky
star wars rogue squadron
Super mario sunshine - I have this
super monkey ball
Timesplitters 2
viewtiful joe- I have this THX Trickytony
zelda wind waker - I have this

Now I just need to figure out what the have walk across the screen....

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
When (or if?)you eventualy get round to doing one for tg-16 will this be a forwarder for wiiengine or hugo? ...Im hoping wiiengine seeing as this is the only emulator that can play cd games perfect with sound?

Anyway... good work - these all look lush!

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question on how to use this. I take it you place the downloaded WAD for which ever channel you want and place it in the WAD folder on your SD card and run WAD installer to install it???

Do you need to rename the wad to 'boot'.wad?

I take it the actual emulator isnt in the WAD but you download that on its own and have it in the Apps folder on your SD card under the correct directory?

RatPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work on the master system one.
nice to see you went with my idea
grog.gif

For the gamecube character maybe luigi with the hoover on his back from luigis mansion but im not sure where you can find a 2d version of that. IGNORE THIS JUST NOTICED LUIGI'S MANSION DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT
cry.gif

Maybe the spaceman from pikmin and some pikmin following him instead.

JrllyfishNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just installed some and they look fantastic!

Great work!!

How about one for the N64?

EDIT: Just found out that there isn't a good N64 emulator yet....

Looking forward to the NeoGeo one!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife