Hacking A request for DSTWO owners

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can a kind DSTWO owner do me a favor and try these:
  • Playing these Pokemon games - 1)Ruby/Sapphire, 2)Emerald, 3)FireRed/LeafGreen - note that I want you to test 3 games and I want Emerald to be tested as well as it's the most problematic one when it comes to saving and emulation.
  • Testing the real time events (or at least if it gives you the Internal Battery error message) in R/S/E
  • Of course, stability test
  • Saving without losing the save file after reboot
I would hugely appreciate the results for this as this is a huge factor on my decision to purchase a DSTWO. I'm sure this will benefit others too. Thanks!

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
R2DJ said:
  • Saving without losing the save file after reboot
There's also an RTS function in the GBA emulator.
smile.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Saddamsdevil said:
Logically the emulator saves .sav files as well, right?
tongue.gif

real time save saves as .rts

they are all located in the NDSGBA\gamerts folder

EDIT: i didn't try the actual save function for games because i was using the save state
smile.gif

EDIT2: sorry about the .sav... it did generated .sav but i am not sure what it is used for

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any people willing to do this? It would be very helpful as I'm thinking the DSTWO is a great flash cart and I just wanna make sure that I'll be able to play said games like I play them on VBA.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
why will nobody test the damn gba emulator pleasse all im asking is for someone to test pokemon games. He doesn't mean the real time save, he means the normal save because what about when you complete the pokemon league? also can someone text a hacked pokemon game?

Dj_Qbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Emerald booted fine but I got the battery ran dry error. The time events won't work according to the message. You have to use save state in order to save.

Fire Red boots fine, game me a 1m circuit board is missing error so again I could only save with save state.

Leaf Green runs perfect.

Ruby boots ok but gives me battery ran dry error. You need to use save state

Sapphire boots ok but gives me battery ran dry error. You need to use save state

Other than that these pokemon games booted fine.

Kentoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dj_Qbert said:
Emerald booted fine but I got the battery ran dry error. The time events won't work according to the message. You have to use save state in order to save.

Fire Red boots fine, game me a 1m circuit board is missing error so again I could only save with save state.

Leaf Green runs perfect.

Sapphire boots ok but gives me battery ran dry error. You need to use save state

Are you using clean or patched roms? The roms I used are 100% untouched and they refused to load anything past a white screen.

EDIT:

Turns out the roms I had were corrupt or something. The new roms I have work fine, so All GBA pokemon games work on DSTWO. There are still RTC issues, though.

Edit 2:

Here's an image:

SS-2010-05-21_00.jpg

ufotrash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dj_Qbert said:

Leaf Green runs perfect.

Strange, I'm playing Leaf Green and I'm still getting the 1m circuit board is missing error ...

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the delayed response (email notif. didn't work). Thanks for all the feedback!

I just want to know if time-based events work (you can at least try the berry growth system). Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah jk