A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

tsam2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nintendo can’t really do anything till it’s actually released. Unless the source of this video can actually be traced easily and was it recorded in the person’s actual location. I still say though if this is real it better be around $30-$60 because if it isn’t a v1 switch is a better option. I do have a v1 and v2 but this isn’t the way I expected for my v2 switch to switch to be modified or play free games.
It's Nintendo not the CIA.

Deleted member 681657

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
In a world of tracking and AI, it might be possible to identify someone by using multiple angles of their finger (for fingerprint) or something.
When you're doing something which upsets an international multi-billion dollar company and they have a legal case against you, taking a slightly paranoid approach to your privacy is a wise move. It makes them look slightly more credible to me because they're doing something which would be unnecessary if it were fake.

Reactions: Sonic3320

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No, that's not true. Soldering is in-expensive and there are plenty of readily available cheap kits. If you want to learn how to solder, check out eevBlog and Voultar, who make great tutorials.

6-years ago since the Switch was released, and they weren't the first to create smaller cartridges.
You’d have to slowly work your way down to something like the Switch given how small it is.. but unless you don’t have somewhat steady hands, soldering is a great skill to learn. One of these days I’ll do something like the Picofly.

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
No, that's not true. Soldering is in-expensive and there are plenty of readily available cheap kits. If you want to learn how to solder, check out eevBlog and Voultar, who make great tutorials.

6-years ago since the Switch was released, and they weren't the first to create smaller cartridges.
In the context of switch modchips, it's expensive. You make a mistake and your 350$ device is dead. The modchip itself can be expensive. For someone that never soldered it will take hours to get it done right... if you actually manage to do it

Deleted member 681657

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Last time I tried my hand at soldering a modchip, the console completely stopped working, wouldn't turn on any more.
Well this product is good for those who can't solder and can't find a installer.

If you do indeed live in Canada you should be able to find installers or premodded Switches in major cities.
soldering is a great skill to learn.
I disagree. It's just not worth the time.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This product is good for those who can't solder and can't find a installer. If you do indeed live in Canada you should be able to find installers or premodded Switches in major cities.

I disagree. It's just not worth the time.
To you, sure. Doesn’t mean it isn’t a good skill to learn. Whether or not it’s for you is your call, but that doesn’t change what I said.

Reactions: tabzer

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
When you're doing something which upsets an international multi-billion dollar company and they have a legal case against you, taking a slightly paranoid approach to your privacy is a wise move. It makes them look slightly more credible to me because they're doing something which would be unnecessary if it were fake.
My father used to say: "No jodás al que tiene plata para joderte" something like: "Do not mess with the one who have enough money to mess with you"

SilverLobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No freaking way! That's great, I've got a non-V1 Switch that's not hacked cause I don't want to buy a modchip and have to do any soldering, a flashcart like the R4 I have for my DS but for Switch would be instant buy for me, hope it happens and gets made! in the meantime I'll stick to my plan of emulation/YUZU on my PC.

Reactions: impeeza

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread
I mean yeah but nintendo would ban you and you can't do anything since you are on your sysnand

SilverLobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’d have to slowly work your way down to something like the Switch given how small it is.. but unless you don’t have somewhat steady hands, soldering is a great skill to learn. One of these days I’ll do something like the Picofly.
I like taking electronics apart so I want to learn how to solder sometime but I don't want to risk breaking my Switch so I'd want to mess around with something old so it doesn't matter, I have a broken in half DS Phat actually that I think would be cool to turn into a Game boy macro, would that be easy to do as a first project?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I like taking electronics apart so I want to learn how to solder sometime but I don't want to risk breaking my Switch so I'd want to mess around with something old so it doesn't matter, I have a broken in half DS Phat actually that I think would be cool to turn into a Game boy macro, would that be easy to do as a first project?
My first soldering project was bridging points on an Xbox… that was dumb of me. Only because I found out the hard way about temps. I haven’t looked in to a macro. Hmm

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually unpatched switches (tablet only) sell for 200 usd on ebay about i might save up for one since my old v 1 broke
$140-$150 if you sort newly listed, buy it now, just wait for a low serial model to pop up. Pretty common thing to happen still, use a browser refresh extension to see new listings quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone